Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Miami Dolphins Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭MUFC91CS

Well men, do we any chance tonight?

I'm quietly optimistic

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Optimistic too, which is unlike me when it comes to the Dolphins in recent times!! Saying that, I find it hard to back against Brady, especially at home.

Will tell a lot about where we are either way. A 'competitive loss' isn't the end of the world?

24-21 Dolphins :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Think it will be tight, with the Pats getting the win in the end.

Very lucky to still be in this game at 12-0. Defence has played excellently so far

Benimar wrote: »
    Optimistic too, which is unlike me when it comes to the Dolphins in recent times!! Saying that, I find it hard to back against Brady, especially at home.

Will tell a lot about where we are either way. A 'competitive loss' isn't the end of the world?

24-21 Dolphins :)

Oops:(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

We underperformed

Who do you guys think was particularly to blame for last night's loss?

Don't think there is anyone to blame really. Just came up against a better football team. Run game failed then we had to lean too heavily on the passing game. We could really do with power back to get the hard yards up the middle similar to Blount. Once they took away the edges we were at nothing in the run game and kept finding ourselves in 2nd or 3rd and long situations.

Wake looks gone for the season too.

Talk about our balloon being deflated over the last 24 hours:(

Rumours that Hickey is getting the bullet. No surprise there.

Whole thing needs to be blown up. A change of owner would be nice too!

Benimar wrote: »
    Rumours that Hickey is getting the bullet. No surprise there.

Whole thing needs to be blown up. A change of owner would be nice too!

Now official. Hickey gone.

Tannenbaum will lead the search for the new GM. Early rumours of an in-house appointment do not inspire me with confidence.

• Advertisement

Great Hickey is gone, but Tannebaumn is to lead the search, which will probably end with the promotion of Chris Grier, who is currently head of college scouting.

So Ross has learned nothing. Organisation is in bad need of blowing up and yet we are holding onto guys who have their fingerprints all over this mess.

Gotta say, even though thats cost us a few draft places, that win was sweet!

The Jets not making it just sweetens things!

Gase hired as HC. Hopefully he's even half as good as advertised.

I kind of like the hire but with our spotty (awful) record with rookie HCs, I'm not totally sold.

In fairness he walked away from the 9ers job because he wouldn't keep Tomsula, so he has a bit of something about him. Last thing we need is another Joey P!

Be interesting to see who he brings in as coordinators. Rumour is Campbell will be kept on, possibly as OC.

Not too excited by this appointment if I'm honest. Was hoping for someone who had previous NFL HC experience (Marrone, Coughlin). We seem to go for first time coaches, as Cameron, Sparano and Philbin also got their first (and only) stints as HC's at Miami.

To Gaze's credit, he has done some nice work with QB's and hopefully he can aid some progression in Tannehill. But this side needs alot of work outside of QB, so it will be interesting if Gaze, Grier and Tannenbaum can improve the roster enough for Miami to become contenders in the AFC East.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,825 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

TaosHum wrote: »
    Not too excited by this appointment if I'm honest. Was hoping for someone who had previous NFL HC experience (Marrone, Coughlin). We seem to go for first time coaches, as Cameron, Sparano and Philbin also got their first (and only) stints as HC's at Miami.

To Gaze's credit, he has done some nice work with QB's and hopefully he can aid some progression in Tannehill. But this side needs alot of work outside of QB, so it will be interesting if Gaze, Grier and Tannenbaum can improve the roster enough for Miami to become contenders in the AFC East.

I think you've got a great hire, he's a big loss to the bears and I'd rather have him become our head coach at the expense of Fox than to lose him tbh. He's in huge demand and was patient enough not to take a hc position last year when he didn't like the look of the situations he was invited into. Of course the question will be there about the quality of dc he will appoint. But I think you've got the right guy, plenty of others would have snapped him up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

Thoughts from the Fins fans on the draft so far?

They've definitely done what they can to address O-line issues.
    I wanted them to take a RB, but I don't know how big of an impact their choice can have, most compare him to a Reggie Bush type, which could be good news in terms of production, but snaps will be limited.
    Not familiar with the receiver they took late in round 3....

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Colohall

I'm OK with how the draft is going so far, at least we are addressing obvious need this year. Everything I read about that receiver is exactly the same as I read about Landry 2 years ago. So hopefully we'll get good use from him.

The only knock I have is trading away our 4th pick. The guy I really wanted from this draft is Scooby Wright and that 4th round pick would have been the perfect spot to get him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

SB Nation has a good summary of the players picked. Overall, a good draft for the Dolphins, filled several of their needs and picked up a couple of potential big-play players.

Good to see Rex Ryan is still up to his old tricks, signing Glenn Gronkowski within minutes of the draft ending. :D

http://www.sbnation.com/a/2016-nfl-draft-grades/miami-dolphins

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭spud06

I think you've got a great hire, he's a big loss to the bears and I'd rather have him become our head coach at the expense of Fox than to lose him tbh. He's in huge demand and was patient enough not to take a hc position last year when he didn't like the look of the situations he was invited into. Of course the question will be there about the quality of dc he will appoint. But I think you've got the right guy, plenty of others would have snapped him up.

Not sold on him yet to be honest. I think there were better options out there but only time will tell. The one big positive is the work he did in Chicago with Jay Cutler lets hope he can do the same with Tannehill because IMO he has potential but just had the wrong people UP TO NOW.

On the draft im excited by the addition on Tunsil badly needed OL and hopefully he can help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭spud06

JASON JONES...............who the hell is he. Apparently he started 31 out of 32 games over the last 2 seasons with the Lions and had 9.5 sacks. Cant help wondering was he signed because he played with Suh at the Lions

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 35 peckdunn

Training camp!

As always, pretty optimistic this year. Think Tannehill will be a different player under Gase. RB may be OK, WR good, OL improved.

Main issues would be DB depth and will Kiki be healthy and MLB and Wake, Jones, Suh live up to reps on DL.

Every team has weaknesses and if we can get Tannehill and Offense to win at least 3 games we normally lose (4th Qth Comeback or even hold on to lead) then we could get play-offs.

Once there, anything can happen!

Oh, and now I just read that draft pick and projected starter Howard is injured!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Charizard

I dont hold much hope for this season, we have some awesome players, but our QB is just the pits

Maybe, but the most sacked QB in the league last 4 years. Some are obviously his fault but if the O Line improves and he can release quicker with an improved running game it might be enough.

Game against Dallas tonight should tell us a lot

Tannehill competed 12 of 20 passes for 162 yards and the two scores. He was sacked just once.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article96835747.html#storylink=cpy

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Haven't watched the game but it looks like the cowboys rookie QB Dak Prescott had fun against your defense last night.

Yep - tackling an issue and but the DL won't really play until regular season. I don't think Cam Wake, Mario Williams and Suh will give QBs much time to have fun when it really matters - fingers crossed ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Charizard

peckdunn wrote: »
    Yep - tackling an issue and but the DL won't really play until regular season. I don't think Cam Wake, Mario Williams and Suh will give QBs much time to have fun when it really matters - fingers crossed ;-)
    They have a way of getting us excited every year only to take it away :(

Advertisement