Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Miami Dolphins Thread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

wow - what a damaging loss, back to earth with a bump and looking like it could be another 8-8 season for Philbin or something close to that.

If we can't beat the Jaguars even when Tannehill has a good game then something is seriously wrong

All optimism gone already?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Secondary was abysmal. Bortles took us apart. Hate to see what Brady will do.

The FG miss at the end of the second was costly, as they were able to go back up and get 3. Six point turn-around.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Shocking stuff, hard to see anything but another 8-8 season to be honest. As bad as the secondary was, nothing surpasses Dallas Thomas' 'performance'.

As someone on twitter posted, it was like being back in the early 90s. The running game was non-existent, the defense was rubbish and we were hoping the QB could win it on his own!

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭MUFC91CS

Awful performance last night with the only positive being Tannehill's performance. Secondary was brutal and the front 7 weren't much better. Don't have the stats to hand but did we even have a sack last night against a poor OL? I can remember one which was brought back for a penalty in the 4th. Run game non existent for the second game in a row. Discipline was also very costly. The Vernon penalty near the end was unforgivable.

Two poor performances in a row and it's difficult to see how we are going to make the play offs. First 3rd of our schedule was very generous and this now nearly makes next weeks game a must win.

You really have to wonder why a free agent like Evan Mathis wasn't signed to bolster a shaky looking OL - on top of that they persist with a guy like Dallas Thomas who proved time and time again to be a weak link last year.

As for the secondary can you put your finger on why it has been poor this season - with Delmas out for the season is it a case that the depth just isn't there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

Poor officiating cost us some points, but Dolphins should have had more than enough to overcome that against the Jaguars.

Think it's time for Jonas Gray to get a shot......

Pathetic.

TaosHum wrote: »
    Pathetic.

Shameful stuff. Going to be another long season.

this game surely is the end of this project - this coach, this qb and this management and recruitment team should all be gone -embarrassing, time to go back to the drawing-board

But Ross will let them all blunder their way through the season to maybe 3-13 before taking action

There are players there, if coached and motivated properly that could make the post-season, that is the most frustrating part of it all although I think the Tannehill debate is well and truly done and dusted now, he's just not consistent enough to be a top qb

Didn't see the whole game (fortunately), and just watched the highlights. Can't blame Tannehill for picks #1 and 2, hit landry on the numbers and he popped it up for the defense, and Tannehill hit by a blitzer that wasn't touched coming through the O-line. Don't know how the rest of the game was....

Suh is yet to show up this season......

From what I saw, the DBs weren't at the races at all......most of the Bills' TDs were blown coverage or terrible tackle attempts in the secondary.

I was genuinely hopeful when the schedule came out, that the fins would be 3-1 or even 4-0 to start the season......now I'm just hoping that we can finish 3rd in the division. Thankfully the Jets looked like the Jets again yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

You guys have seen a lot more of Tannehill than I have, but I have to say I think he's good enough and that's coming from someone who thought he'd be a bust coming out of college. I'd certainly be persisting with him through the seemingly inevitable coaching changes. If it doesn't happen for him under the next regime then fair enough, but at present I don't think he's being afforded much assistance. There's not many QB's in the NFL who can do it on their own.

Tannehill has not been the problem at all and i'm delighted he's locked in for the next few years. There are probably 20 teams in the league who would happily take him off our hands.

Our defence is an absolute joke at the moment and coughed up two costly penalties again where we would have got the ball back. Probably wouldn't have made much of difference but if we could have gotten another score to make it 27-14 it could have been a different game. I won't even get started on Brice McCain at the moment because I'm on a company computer and I'm afraid ill break it.

One positive (clutching at straws here) is that we went into the London game on the back of two poor loses last year, regrouped and went on a bit of a playoff run before collapsing in December again. Hopefully we can turn it around somewhat against the Jets. The only way is up after yesterday.

Philbin has to go.

He does, but I've little faith in Ross doing it.

MUFC91CS wrote: »
    Tannehill has not been the problem at all and i'm delighted he's locked in for the next few years. There are probably 20 teams in the league who would happily take him off our hands.

Our defence is an absolute joke at the moment and coughed up two costly penalties again where we would have got the ball back. Probably wouldn't have made much of difference but if we could have gotten another score to make it 27-14 it could have been a different game. I won't even get started on Brice McCain at the moment because I'm on a company computer and I'm afraid ill break it.

One positive (clutching at straws here) is that we went into the London game on the back of two poor loses last year, regrouped and went on a bit of a playoff run before collapsing in December again. Hopefully we can turn it around somewhat against the Jets. The only way is up after yesterday.

Tannehill is not the problem but he is certainly not the solution... don't expect to see post-season while he is the QB (unless every other area on the field is strengthened considerably). Basically he is adequate at best and for Dolphins whp grew up watching Marino he is nowhere near the level required to compensate for the various shortcomings in other positions on the roster.

donfers wrote: »
    Tannehill is not the problem but he is certainly not the solution... don't expect to see post-season while he is the QB (unless every other area on the field is strengthened considerably). Basically he is adequate at best and for Dolphins whp grew up watching Marino he is nowhere near the level required to compensate for the various shortcomings in other positions on the roster.

If you look around the caliber of QB's in the league at the moment I would think he is above average and would easily be in the 7 or 8 with a better OL and a competent running game. It is unrealistic to expect to have a QB like Dan Marino under center all the time. He is a once in a generation talent and many franchises have never had a QB at that level. Never mind all the time. I'm not saying RT is perfect and he has obviously has his flaws but the faster fins fans acknowledge the fact that Marino is gone we may not have a QB as good as his him for the next 50 years the better.

I'm always seeing the people say RT is not the answer but none of them ever suggest who we should have playing there instead. I'm much happier having RT has our QB then the choice of McCown, Fitzpatrick, Hoyer, etc every off season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Where has Suh been this season and the rest of the defensive line? 1 sack and Chris Ivory gashing you on the ground?

(interested to hear a dolphins fans perspective)

Philbin Gone!!!

Glad to see the back of Philbin......but don't know what to make of the ramblings of the interim HC. He just went on and on about not wanting dirty players, but wanting the team to play right on the line between ok and not ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Not surprised by this but was reading an article on BR today that suggested the Phin's need to clean shop altogether (Hickey, Tannenbaum & Philbin). What are the thoughts on that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Just reading that philbin is done. Hopefully he wasn't lane kiffined.

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Not surprised by this but was reading an article on BR today that suggested the Phin's need to clean shop altogether (Hickey, Tannenbaum & Philbin). What are the thoughts on that?

Fins are in a bad need of a Front office and coaching staff blow up. Since Ross came in, this hasn't happened. When Parcell's left, Sparano and Ireland remained as HC & GM. When Sparano got the chop, Ireland remained and Philbin was brought in. When Ireland got the chop a season later, Hickey was brought in to work with Philbin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

HigginsJ wrote: »

You can add Bill Lazor and Kevin Coyle to that list too! Completely pointless getting rid of Philbin and those two around!

Coyle gone now too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

MUFC91CS wrote: »
    Coyle gone now too.

Should have been the first one out the the door.

Whosthis wrote: »
    Should have been the first one out the the door.

Agreed. Defence is an absolute shambles.

I know a lot of people want to see Lazor gone to but I wouldn't mind if he was given until the end of the season to try and turn things around. Some of the play calling has been questionable this season so far but he did get the best out of Tannehill last year.

Won't get too excited (it's only the Titans).....but it's good to see some life in this team.

Hmmm.....starting to feel something very dangerous, it's called optimism. Must not hope, repeat - must not hope

donfers wrote: »
    Hmmm.....starting to feel something very dangerous, it's called optimism. Must not hope, repeat - must not hope

The Pats up next will put a stop to that!

But still, two wins with very good performances.

• Advertisement

Team is unrecognisable from the Philbin 'era'

Promising signs but the fear is that our 2nd half is tough and the 1-3 start could come back to haunt us.

Still nice to be able to be somewhat optimistic for a change :)

Advertisement