Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Miami Dolphins Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

I happen to pay Indiana income taxes.....it's only about 3.5%

Granted 3.5% of a multimillion dollar contract is a decent tax bill.....but would he really miss it?

Didn't realise the difference was that 'small'. Multi millionaires are funny creatures though, they tend not to like paying tax (legally of course!)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Tennessse has no state income tax doesn't help much..

Miami is a desirable location, I could live with the 3.5%

Tennessse has no state income tax doesn't help much..

Miami is a desirable location, I could live with the 3.5%

I could live ON the 3.5% :)

Can't realistically see Suh wanting to sign for us. He will want a SB contender, something we most certainly are not with JP about.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Please Jesus don't sign Suh, I'd hate to facing that insufferable scumbag twice a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Please Jesus don't sign Suh, I'd hate to facing that insufferable scumbag twice a year.

Have to admit he's one of my favourite players at this stage. I love how he said he'd let his agent pick his next team. Fans swallow such rubbish from players it's a relief to hear such honesty, I'm sure the vast majority of players let their agent essentially choose their next team and then put a PR spin on it. His impact is second only to Watt for players in the front seven ( you could argue for a couple of pass rushers on this one of course).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

A front four of Wake-Starks-Suh-Vernon. That's why I'd love to see Suh as a fins if the contract is right.

Good luck to OC's scheming against that!!!

Looks like we have Suh. $60m in guarantees is a lot of dough though, makes me nervous. Probably means there won't be the cash for Wallace so maybe a WR in 1st round?

Either way, Philbin surely has to deliver this season now or he will (finally) be gone.

Spending that much on Suh you would think would be the end of Wallace.

But that's a statement from the Dolphins. Your getting an elite player on defense who will make an instant impact and make this team better straight away.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

McCain and Cameron are not exactly inspiring signings and in my view are a downgrade on Clay and Finnegan. If signing Suh means we are slightly weaker everywhere else then it's not going to accomplish anything but another middling season

TaosHum wrote: »
    A front four of Wake-Starks-Suh-Vernon. That's why I'd love to see Suh as a fins if the contract is right.

Good luck to OC's scheming against that!!!

Starks gone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

WR Kenny Stills for Daniel Ellerbe

Wallace + 7th round pick to Vikings for 5th round pick......deal made before Dolphins would have had to pay the $3m contract bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭rosskeen

Some good business by the Dolphins. I'd love to see Clay re-signed. He seems to have a great chemistry with Tannehill. We're lacking depth at Wide Receiver with Wallace, Gibson and Hartline gone, Stills coming in. Also lacking depth in the secondary with Finnegan and Jimmy Wilson gone. Wilson signed with the Chargers tonight. With Wheeler and Ellerbe gone there's also an upgrade needed at linebacker. Plenty of work done by Tannebaum and Hickey but plenty more to do!

rosskeen wrote: »
    Some good business by the Dolphins. I'd love to see Clay re-signed. He seems to have a great chemistry with Tannehill. We're lacking depth at Wide Receiver with Wallace, Gibson and Hartline gone, Stills coming in. Also lacking depth in the secondary with Finnegan and Jimmy Wilson gone. Wilson signed with the Chargers tonight. With Wheeler and Ellerbe gone there's also an upgrade needed at linebacker. Plenty of work done by Tannebaum and Hickey but plenty more to do!

The addition of Stills and removal of Wallace should give them some room for more moves. Obviously Suh's contract is going to be a handicap, but Stills is not unlike Wallace, only entering his 3rd year but with a similar skillset. That trade saved a lot of money.

Have to say, I'm liking a lot of what this front office is doing. Stills won't set the world alight, but delighted to see the back of Wallace and Ellerbe.

Have to say, I'm liking a lot of what this front office is doing. Stills won't set the world alight, but delighted to see the back of Wallace and Ellerbe.

You'd be surprised, Wallace had 1792 yards with the Dolphins in the last 2 seasons, Stills had 1572 with New Orleans.

Bear in mind that those were Stills' first 2 years in the league, and he had barely more that half the targets that Wallace did....133 vs 256

EDIT: Not bad for someone who's due to earn $633k and $723k over the next 2 seasons. (Wallace $12.1m/$13.7m/$13.7m in next 3 seasons.)

You'd be surprised, Wallace had 1792 yards with the Dolphins in the last 2 seasons, Stills had 1572 with New Orleans.

Bear in mind that those were Stills' first 2 years in the league, and he had barely more that half the targets that Wallace did....133 vs 256

EDIT: Not bad for someone who's due to earn $633k and $723k over the next 2 seasons. (Wallace $12.1m/$13.7m/$13.7m in next 3 seasons.)

Looking at those numbers, if Miami can get the same production from Stills this season, it really vindicates the trade even more.

If Cameron can stay healthy and Miami can get Clay back, then you have to like the way the offense is taking shape and still with the draft to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Jimmy Wilson lads?.... is he a SS or too small?

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Jimmy Wilson lads?.... is he a SS or too small?

Wilson mainly played Nickle CB for Miami and done alright. Not starter material at either challenging or safety imo

we should have matched the clay offer, losing him is one thing but to a divisional rival is another thing altogether

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭MUFC91CS

I would have liked to have kept him but not at that price. Especially when he struggles to stay healthy.

Yeah I agree, the Bills overpaid. But I'm nervous of Cameron being able to stay on the field.

I think Miami could draft a TE early.

Agreed. Definitely need TE depth, can't trust Cameron to stay on the field.

Delmas and LaMichael James have resigned also.

Seems like we are looking for a veteran WR who doesn't cost an arm and a leg

- Crabtree, Jennings and Welker have all been and gone fluttering their eyelashes at us like some cheap hooker until we realise they're nearing 40 and looking for 1000 dollars a night

donfers wrote: »
    Seems like we are looking for a veteran WR who doesn't cost an arm and a leg

- Crabtree, Jennings and Welker have all been and gone fluttering their eyelashes at us like some cheap hooker until we realise they're nearing 40 and looking for 1000 dollars a night

If the price is right, any of those guys would be a good addition. The fins have built a good young receiving corp, with plenty of upside......a veteran presence could be huge in their development.

I wouldn't mind seeing welker back, he's never going to set the league on fire......but if he can share some of the knowledge he learned from Bellicheck, Brady, Manning.....it can only be beneficial.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I wouldn't mind seeing welker back, he's never going to set the league on fire......but if he can share some of the knowledge he learned from Bellicheck, Brady, Manning.....it can only be beneficial.

Welker needs to retire asap. The poor guy must regret going to the Broncos and catching some of Mannings ducks. Being a slot WR at the end of his passes has always been a dangerous past time. Welker became a pinball machine with concussions since he went there. Very similar to how Collie ended up when he was also catching Mannings passes in the slot. Welker was a great player for us and it's sad to see some of the brutal hits he's taken to the head. That said, if he goes to Miami, he'd probably be safer catching Tannehills passes than staying where he was.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭rosskeen

Delighted to see Devante Parker drop to 14 last night. Great pick up and fit for the Dolphins. That's a complete make over of the receivers for Tannehill. Stills, Jennings, Parker and Jordan Cameron replace Wallace, Hartline and Clay. Time will tell if it's an upgrade or not.

Hoping that we can pick up a linebacker tonight in the second round. Kendricks would be my preferred pick but I'm not sure he drops to 47. The PFF fellas seem to really like Paul Dawson of TCU but I'd be fairly satisfied if we could snag Perryman or McKinney.

Failing all that a CB would be nice. It's fairly sickening to think that we drafted both Vontae Davis and Sean Smith and see them blossom elsewhere.

Parker is a genuine deep threat, one of those "ballpark receivers", get the ball anywhere close, and he has a chance to get it.....pretty useful considering Tannehill's lack of deep accuracy.

At this point in his career, Jennings is ready to play full-time in the slot, and now the fins have Stills and Parker as two very good wide-outs. Hopefully Jennings is ready to pass some of his knowledge to this young guys.

LB and CB are spots that need attention tonight, but I would like to see them improve the O-line if the right player is available.....give Tannehill the time to let routes develop.

Nice to get off the mark with a win. Didn't get to see all of it, but the D stepped up in the second half. Tannehill was lucky not to get picked a couple more times. Jarvis Landry looked excellent.

• Advertisement

Nice to get off the mark with a win. Didn't get to see all of it, but the D stepped up in the second half. Tannehill was lucky not to get picked a couple more times. Jarvis Landry looked excellent.

Not their greatest performance, but improved with each quarter.

Sometimes the best measure of a good team is winning despite playing poorly.

Advertisement