Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 8)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Couchside waiting for the Man Utd game to start. Nice cup of coffee in hand, anything to warm me up on these cold days.
    4Ad, sorry for your trouble, very young at 44, makes you think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,211 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Time for bed I think. Or nearly. Exhausted here. I have a decent days pay/work tomorrow but its a late late show finish as it I won't be home before the show finishes.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Homeside, panicking slightly. Passed a guard checking speed in a 50 kmh zone, and I’m sure coming up to him I was going about 47. But when I got past him I was going 53. So I’m shítting it, even though I think I was fine
    Skybirdjb wrote: »
    Your fine kitty ! If it’s a guard with one of those speed guns don’t they have to pull you over if they catch you speeding? . Think there is a certain allowance either side of the speed limit

Can confirm.

Speed van = automatic points and lower leeway

Guard with a hairdryer usually wont bother for anything less than 5km/h + 10% over and has to stop you at the roadside.
    The one time I was ever stopped he walked in front of me so quickly it very nearly caused me to run him over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Hitting Leabaland ridiculously early on a Thursday night. Busy Bumbóg tomorrow. Night All!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,953 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Contemplating hitting the leaba too , just because I'm cold . House is warm , just me auld bones are cold this evening :D

On topic , watching Cold Blood on CBS Reality .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,289 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I'm on the bed reading one of those trashy magazines.. My sister and my fella.. Or.. My mother's lover and me..kind of things.
    They're great for brain dead reading :D

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,536 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Contemplating hitting the leaba too , just because I'm cold . House is warm , just me auld bones are cold this evening :D

The cold today was the type to settle in the bones alright. I've just warmed up properly after a shower.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I’m already in the leaba!
    Have had such a busy week, no time to scratch myself!
    Having my own midterm break Monday and Tuesday but it’s been cut short as I need to meet our Directors. But means I’ll have some brownie points to cash in with my boss 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Frozen here too ! It’s just a Baltic wind out there like birrrrrr heading a bed too but wondering how long it will be till I’m up again tho :)

• Advertisement

I thought your were a late one! Personally, I'm wrecked too. I need sleep tonight without a break!

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I thought your were a late one! Personally, I'm wrecked too. I need sleep tonight without a break!

Hopefully you will get a full nights sleep g . Everyone is wreakkkkkkkked tonight here .

Skybirdjb wrote: »
    Hopefully you will get a full nights sleep g . Everyone is wreakkkkkkkked tonight here .

If I meet you here at 4am, its not working. On the road at 11am, so not too bad. I'm hoping for a decent sleep.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,953 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Grandeeod wrote: »

I normally am !
    Even if I go to bed now I still won't sleep anyway though :o
    I predict that you will get a great night's sleep that will set you up for tomorrow , wait and see ;)

Skybird , ever try Lullaby Milk for little bird ?
    If he drinks milk I mean :)
    Oh , how's your back today?

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

I'm on the bed reading one of those trashy magazines.. My sister and my fella.. Or.. My mother's lover and me..kind of things.
    They're great for brain dead reading :D

Doing the same...only the manly version.

https://archive.org/search.php?query=l%27+amour%2C+louis

:D

Couchside, chatting. I'm full of beans again!
    Immersed in a youtube rabbit hole of Japanese, Taiwanese and Chinese architecture/interior design concepts and tours. Makes me feel a bit, well, basic :o
    They very beautiful though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

It's gone waaaay past sephers sleepy time ......sweet dreams all 😴😴💤💤 x

I normally am !
    Even if I go to bed now I still won't sleep anyway though :o
    I predict that you will get a great night's sleep that will set you up for tomorrow , wait and see ;)

Skybird , ever try Lullaby Milk for little bird ?
    If he drinks milk I mean :)
    Oh , how's your back today?

Annnnd I’m back up !!
    No mam I never tried that milk I must look into it thanks !
    Back is still bad but think it’s a flare up so hopefully getting better soon
    How are u

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,275 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

In the middle of france, went yesterday to visit the personal museum of a French eccentric, massive collection of over 80 fighter jets, hundreds of racing cars and motorbikes, the place was absolutely awesome.
    Kinda wondering what will happen to it once the 90 year gentleman departs.
    Gonna drive back to Paris today in a lovely rental car.

Gotta love eccentric old gentlemen.

Gotta love eccentric old gentlemen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Dogs walked. Cats fed. Thank coffee it’s Friday!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,557 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Costa, Southwaite Services, M6 N/B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :)

Happy Friday!!!

Smurf love the photos :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

...oh a little bit of soap will take away your perfume eventually, a little bit of soap will never wash away the memory....

Morning all,

When I looked out 10 minutes ago it was clear, now a fog has descended, a cool 1.2C brrr

Kitchenside with coffee/porridge/toast.....myself and Auto nearly caused a border incident last night :D

TGIF

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭4Ad

Good Morning all..I'm just letting the bowl of porridge settle, I have the running gear on. It's 1.1 degrees in East Clare, looking lovely outside...perfect...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Home letting my morning painkillers kick in ( Weird when it's part of life, at my age but then people have lived with much harder stuff from much younger ages. But I'm secretly worried what will happen when we're expecting a child-as it's an abdominal condition.Worrying needlessly as I'm told all should be well.).

smurfjed wrote: »
    In the middle of france, went yesterday to visit the personal museum of a French eccentric, massive collection of over 80 fighter jets, hundreds of racing cars and motorbikes, the place was absolutely awesome.
    Kinda wondering what will happen to it once the 90 year gentleman departs.
    Gonna drive back to Paris today in a lovely rental car.

They'll probably be sold off to other eccentrics, maybe a few with their own tv programmes about restoring antique vehicles.Which is better than going to loss I guess.
    Love quirky personal museums of any kind. Even tiny ones. I don't know why it has to be the official state funded job for some people. Maybe they don't feel comfortable without a cafe and gift shop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

morning all, thank god its friday :D

bedside eating my pancakes as usual :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

4Ad wrote:
    Good Morning all..I'm just letting the bowl of porridge settle, I have the running gear on. It's 1.1 degrees in East Clare, looking lovely outside...perfect...

Snap apart from the location.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Thank god it's friday. I need to work on sunday so will be compressing my weekend in to tonight and tomorrow.
    So extra nice restaurant tonight. Extra booze tonight. Extra late to bed. Extra long sleep in tomorrrow and extra long hike up the mountain tomorrow before cooking an extra nice meal for the family tomorrow.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Snap apart from the location.
    snap apart from the attire, the location, temperature, but it looks lovely outside.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Canteen side, so F*** on 4pm !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Deskside now, catching up on a little work. Was in hospital with Mr P yesterday and the whole experience was very poor, I don't know what's happening in our health service but it's so frustrating :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

Deskside trying to summon up some energy to get me through to going home time. I feel rotten - no energy, sore all over and tired. I cannot wait to get into bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Pretzill wrote: »
    Deskside now, catching up on a little work. Was in hospital with Mr P yesterday and the whole experience was very poor, I don't know what's happening in our health service but it's so frustrating :(

Navigating our health service is not for the faint hearted. Hope it works out ok for you and Mr P.

I am deskside daydreaming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

After a very challenging (emotionally) week, I am totally recovered from the carry on of me last Friday night. Safe to say I’ve never been as bad, and I’ve fallen into the Shannon on a night out.

Spent the week eating healthy and going to the gym, and although I’ll be a long time going before I see benefits, I feel so much better. Today was the first day I didn’t want to stab myself, or him, for making me go.

Pretzill wrote: »

It is so frustrating I agree hope all is ok for you and mr p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Pubside with a pint of carlsberg in hand, another week done. Off to manchester with a few mates tomorrow to watch the Brighton game on sunday, may have a very sore head come Monday morning:)
    Hope everyone had a good week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

In the door from work and wasted no time opening a can of Guinness and now listening to U2 - "Running to a standstill" in the sun-room, just a couple of lamps on and its lovely and relaxing. My wee maltichon left the room when I turned on the song but it's a damn fine song, one of their under-rated ones imo.
    I'll explain that to her on her return.... U2 - Bad is up next, she might pop back for that one.
    Newstalk on the radio this morning and they were on about commutes from hell etc so I went on their website and did their commute calculator thing. It turns out I spend SIX WEEKS in my van commuting to and from work each year. Six weeks!!!
    It got me thinking of all the things I could do with 6 weeks of free time, I mean initially holidays in the bahamas spring to mind and long morning walks in the early morning sunshine and jogging etc... but it's also 20 hours of netflix box-sets per week that I'm missing out on. Or 20 extra hours in bed. Or 20 hours in bed while watching netflix. Now yer talkin!!!
    TLDR, I have decided to stick a bed and netflix into my van.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Armchair side briefly. College finished (even though the lecturer cancelled the lecture AGAIN, but I got a chance to talk to my group about a project we have coming up), gym done and no work tonight :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

Armchair side briefly. College finished (even though the lecturer cancelled the lecture AGAIN, but I got a chance to talk to my group about a project we have coming up), gym done and no work tonight :D

Do your lecturers have a second job somewhere else?

Just asking...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

It's a terrible waste of students time to keep cancelling.

I'm ready to go out, my lift's en route but I feel like I shouldn't and I can't put my finger on why.

I'm ready to go out, my lift's en route but I feel like I shouldn't and I can't put my finger on why.

Same Widderhshins. Got my new dress on and all, but really not feeling it and am thinking fire, book, phone on airplane mode and some chocolate hobnobs would be an even better plan.

I'd best go though. I remember one of the ONLY orders/pieces of advice my father ever gave me as a young wan: "You have to show up for people. Go, say hello and leave early if you must but show up and support". He was right too dammit. :o

I'm in and out to the toilet.
    Ate from a takeaway last night and don't feel well since.
    My stomach is very delicate :(
    TMI, sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Would you consider complaining to the college ?

You are giving your time as well as cash for the course.

Its been a big issue in the US for a long time and now in the UK

https://www.essexlive.news/news/students-suing-university-essex-because-1373280

https://www.savethestudent.org/student-finance/claim-compensation-from-university.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Do your lecturers have a second job somewhere else?

Just asking...:pac:

I wonder! :pac:
    0lddog wrote: »

Its been a big issue in the US for a long time and now in the UK

https://www.essexlive.news/news/students-suing-university-essex-because-1373280

https://www.savethestudent.org/student-finance/claim-compensation-from-university.html

I don’t think I would, I understand why she cancelled it, she wasn’t just like “oh I can’t be arsed teaching today” so I can understand. Just annoying wasting time driving in, and wasting diesel when there’s no need for me to be there

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

In an opticians in the Blanchardstown Centre - spent nearly 4 hours for my OH to pick the frames he really wanted. Talk about patience!! :O

Was out at Seapoint earlier for a dry run in the November sea before my charity Dickie Dip tomorrow. Baltic...but bearable!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

0lddog wrote: »

I don't wanna speak for the person you're asking here BUT I'd be reluctant to complain to the college unless it's happening frequently with the same lecturer.
    You're basically running the risk of someone potentially losing their livelihood and harming their career when they could have something going on in their lives that genuinely prevents them from making a lecture or two, it happens.
    When I was in college (going back a while admittedly) a lecturer missed a couple of them and the group of pals I was in reported her and I was aginst it but they did it anyway. So she turned up at the next one and seemed in a right mess and then she vanished.
    Just saying, unless its a really regular thing, be careful coz it's a person's job on the line. And they may have a family to support etc

JupiterKid wrote: »
    In an opticians in the Blanchardstown Centre - spent nearly 4 hours for my OH to pick the frames he really wanted. Talk about patience!! :O

Was out at Seapoint earlier for a dry run in the November sea before my charity Dickie Dip tomorrow. Baltic...but bearable!! :D

Dickie dip :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Homeside and it's a cold one out there :)

Not going anywhere near a border tonight :D

In all my years of hiring cars, I finally damaged one, stone chip on the windshield. I’m pissed and it’s not even my car but it is a 2019 Mercedes Benz C190D.
    Totally insured the thing so not my concern, but still annoying.
    Paris airport area drinking a beer, Dublin tomorrow.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement