Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rugby World Cup 2019 Japan Travel etc...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Chris871

TripleSSS wrote: »
    Yeah Finnair going out.

Coming back on the Monday 28th - Japan Airlines from Toyko to Osaka and then BA to London and Dublin.

Think I'm going to book now.

Nice short route, both JAL and Finnair are great to fly and good price.

Doubt you'll get much better.

Is anyone going the package route with Killester/Stein/RugbyIreland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Dav010 wrote: »

Yup RTI myself, quarters and semis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

I am going to the last. 2 pools games and the QFs with RTI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Dav010 wrote: »

Couldn't afford it. Going my own way. Half the price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,527 ✭✭✭irishgeo

This ticketing is ridiculous, tickets available, you add one and it tells you there is no availability because they are in someone's cart that apparently never gets emptied. Do I need to write a bot to retry for 30 mins, in the hope of timing it right?

The website is fairly crap.
    I've noticed that if you have tickets for a match in your basket and search for a different match it will always tell you no tickets are available .
    Clear the basket and search and they are available .
    Probably a defence measure against bots.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 shaundolier

Is anybody else having difficulty putting tickets in their basket. I am getting " ticket request exceeds availability" on everything I try. This includes games with high availability of tickets. My basket is empty. Any explanations welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭andymx11

Did I read something about RWC 2019 clamping down on the resale of tickets - does this mean I can’t buy them off sites like Seat Wave etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Kevski

andymx11 wrote: »
    Did I read something about RWC 2019 clamping down on the resale of tickets - does this mean I can’t buy them off sites like Seat Wave etc?

There will be an official RWC 2019 resale site (going live on Friday I think) so people can buy/sell there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭roarlad

Kevski wrote: »
    There will be an official RWC 2019 resale site (going live on Friday I think) so people can buy/sell there.

The resale site went live at 10am this morning, but unfortunately you cannot buy or sell ticket bundles.
    In my case I have tickets to all Ireland's group games at CAT B which they wouldn't let me list at face value. :mad:

Guess I'll throw them on adverts and hope a tout doesn't get them?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭dragon_lordMTB

Does anyone know when the Irish WC jersey will go on sale or what it looks like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,721 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Does anyone know when the Irish WC jersey will go on sale or what it looks like?

Likely around Julyish, before the warm up games.

Will more than likely be the same as this year's version but just with the RWC logo and no Vodafone logo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭PMC83

Would be nice if they did something special/different for a change. Some discussion on the 42 as to how nice it would be to see something akin to the Wallabies indigenous jersey but incorporating Celtic patterns from the book of kells.

roarlad wrote: »
    Kevski wrote: »

The resale site went live at 10am this morning, but unfortunately you cannot buy or sell ticket bundles.
    In my case I have tickets to all Ireland's group games at CAT B which they wouldn't let me list at face value. :mad:

Guess I'll throw them on adverts and hope a tout doesn't get them?
    Toutless might be better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭troyzer

PMC83 wrote: »
    Would be nice if they did something special/different for a change. Some discussion on the 42 as to how nice it would be to see something akin to the Wallabies indigenous jersey but incorporating Celtic patterns from the book of kells.

It would just look tacky.

The Aboriginal patterns carry deep historical significance for a country which has struggled to incorporate its indigenous peoples into its national character.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭PMC83

troyzer wrote: »
    It would just look tacky.

The Aboriginal patterns carry deep historical significance for a country which has struggled to incorporate its indigenous peoples into its national character.

Matter of taste I guess. I think theres subtle ways to weave in traditional Irish artwork and design in there that will still look good. The pacific Island teams have taken a pretty good stab at it with some of their jerseys.

Anything has to be better then Ireland's most recent, aqua man style effort.

PMC83 wrote: »
    Matter of taste I guess. I think theres subtle ways to weave in traditional Irish artwork and design in there that will still look good. The pacific Island teams have taken a pretty good stab at it with some of their jerseys.

Anything has to be better then Ireland's most recent, aqua man style effort.

if your going to go down that route. you should include something showing NI history as well. considering its an all Ireland team.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭armchaircoach

irishgeo wrote: »
    if your going to go down that route. you should include something showing NI history as well. considering its an all Ireland team.

As right on as your reply is. I'm pretty sure 9th century Celtic artwork is as much Ulster as it is any other part of the country

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,477 ✭✭✭✭cson

Rebadge the old Connacht Green Lantern jersey from a couple of years back :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

FYI, heaps of tickets available now on the resale store for all the Irish pool matches. The ones I submitted during the week were only approved for resale overnight and that's probably the same for all the ones submitted. So now's your time to go for it!

Still no final tickets (except for the 2.6k priced ones) but will keep checking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

While there appears to be availability for lots of the games I cannot add any to my basket. When I add 1 it says "Your request exceeds availability. If you cannot add to the basket, select to purchase a lower number of seats." I've been trying to get a NZ v SA and a Japan v Ireland ticket since 7am but despite showing availability its impossible to get any :(

There’s definitely a few available for the Russia game of people are interested?
    Picked up some today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

If you're buying new tickets check the official resale site first. I've Russia tickets I'd love to sell. Hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Choppa101

While there appears to be availability for lots of the games I cannot add any to my basket. When I add 1 it says "Your request exceeds availability. If you cannot add to the basket, select to purchase a lower number of seats." I've been trying to get a NZ v SA and a Japan v Ireland ticket since 7am but despite showing availability its impossible to get any :(

same issue here. Mighty frustrating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

errlloyd wrote: »
    If you're buying new tickets check the official resale site first. I've Russia tickets I'd love to sell. Hahaha

There's only one site for buying. When you "resell" your ticket, it goes back into the pool on sale on the regular site.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 stotheototheb

Choppa101 wrote: »
    same issue here. Mighty frustrating.

Has anyone managed to figure out this snag in the system?

Looking for two for the Russia game which shows availability but getting same error message :(

Looking for two for the Russia game which shows availability but getting same error message :(

There should be 2, we put 4 on resale for Russia earlier! (Cat A)

Still getting the same issue. I was hoping it was because they were doing some maintenance on the site, but no change after almost 24hrs now.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

I managed to pick up 1 ticket for the Scotland game and kept trying for the Japan game all day yesterday and again this morning but no joy. It is very frustrating, the portal seems to indicate availability buy I'm unable to add them to the basket.

Hard to know if there are tickets which may become available so keep on trying, or just give up as the tickets are gone. I appreciate the Japan game is a high demand type fixture

• Advertisement

Scrap that. Ireland v Japan has gone to all tickets being 'currently unavailable'. Highly unlikely more tickets will appear on the portal for this game I'd say. It was indicating availability at 8am this morning but website updated since .

Strange. I have a pair for sale in the reseller system which have been up there for over 24 hours, and it's showing as available but not sold (they say "refunded" when tickets have been sold).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 993 ✭✭✭bigslick

Going by the sentiment on here, have individuals now received their hard copy tickets already? Im still waiting on receiving mine.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

bigslick wrote: »
    Going by the sentiment on here, have individuals now received their hard copy tickets already? Im still waiting on receiving mine.......

They don't get DHL'd out until late July I believe.

As an aside, I'm looking for 2 x tickets for the Samoa game if anyone knows of anyone stuck with a package that they can't resell. Edit: sorted

I know that there were some complaints previously that tickets were stuck in people's baskets and not being automatically removed and sent back for resale as should be the case.

Just got a mail to say my Russia tickets have been sold, hopefully someone on here picked them up!

Check this out for a clunky process though...

For those who have ordered a paper (physical) ticket, since the ticket is a already in the delivery process, you are asked to send it back to the following address via registered or certified mail as soon as you receive the packet.

Rugby World Cup 2019 Ticketing Centre c/o JP BIZ MAIL
    42-4 Akebono-cho, Senju, Adachi-ku, Tokyo 120-0023

We ask you to bear the postage.
    For all tickets returned, the refund process will be made within 16 days from the date when we receive the ticket you resent.
    For any tickets successfully resold but not sent, the refund process will be made within 16 days following the relevant match date.

It also seems to be hard to check if you asked for paper or e-ticket when you applied. All in all, I can safely say the experience with the sales and website over the last year has been a disaster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,721 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Just got a mail to say my Russia tickets have been sold, hopefully someone on here picked them up!

Check this out for a clunky process though...

For those who have ordered a paper (physical) ticket, since the ticket is a already in the delivery process, you are asked to send it back to the following address via registered or certified mail as soon as you receive the packet.

Rugby World Cup 2019 Ticketing Centre c/o JP BIZ MAIL
    42-4 Akebono-cho, Senju, Adachi-ku, Tokyo 120-0023

We ask you to bear the postage.
    For all tickets returned, the refund process will be made within 16 days from the date when we receive the ticket you resent.
    For any tickets successfully resold but not sent, the refund process will be made within 16 days following the relevant match date.

It also seems to be hard to check if you asked for paper or e-ticket when you applied. All in all, I can safely say the experience with the sales and website over the last year has been a disaster.

That sounds like a logistical nightmare waiting to happen, they'll only process the sale until you've returned the physical ticket by post, at your own cost.

That sounds like a logistical nightmare waiting to happen, they'll only process the sale until you've returned the physical ticket by post, at your own cost.

It's a shambles lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

Does anyone know when we should expect e-tickets?

Paranoid they’ll go into the spam folder and get deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,242 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Choppa101 wrote: »
    It's a shambles lads

Its exactly the same ticketing system as the Cricket World Cup ,also being handled by Ticketmaster and which has been a complete disaster .
    Tens of thousands of people never received their tickets for the first weeks matches ,despite some buying in 2018.
    There were huge queues at the first few matches ,people missed 2-3 hours of some matches .
    The ICC were forced to introduce e tickets as a result of these queues.
    http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/26864082/icc-give-full-refunds-trent-bridge-ticket-delays

I'd recommend anyone to buy the e tickets for the Rugby ,paper tickets are a minefield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭BobbyBobberson

Its exactly the same ticketing system as the Cricket World Cup ,also being handled by Ticketmaster and which has been a complete disaster .
    Tens of thousands of people never received their tickets for the first weeks matches ,despite some buying in 2018.
    There were huge queues at the first few matches ,people missed 2-3 hours of some matches .
    The ICC were forced to introduce e tickets as a result of these queues.
    http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/26864082/icc-give-full-refunds-trent-bridge-ticket-delays

I'd recommend anyone to buy the e tickets for the Rugby ,paper tickets are a minefield.

Balls, wish I knew that in Jan.

I'm waiting on paper tickets for my purchases. Hadn't heard about problems. I hope this doesn't turn into a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭kuang1

The whole ticketing system sounds very different for this world Cup than the last.
    I remember getting tickets delivered in Feb/March in 2015. And I "traded down" several times. (originally got a single CAT A ticket for Ireland v France, but successful resold it after I picked up CAT D tickets)
    Any time I downtraded, I would get an email telling me that the original ticket I purchased (and that had been delivered) was worthless, and any attempt to resell it would result in prosecution etc, and it was to be destroyed.

Shame that they haven't engaged the same system again.

Agree with all the above. The later tickets I bought were etickets but pretty sure the first batch (that I apparently now have to post back to them, after I receive them, if I EVER receive them based on the reports above) are printed tickets.

With tickets for matches here they can just invalidate any ticket when they print a replacement - so I don't see why they would need to receive the old tickets back. Madness.

Agree with all the above. The later tickets I bought were etickets but pretty sure the first batch (that I apparently now have to post back to them, after I receive them, if I EVER receive them based on the reports above) are printed tickets.

With tickets for matches here they can just invalidate any ticket when they print a replacement - so I don't see why they would need to receive the old tickets back. Madness.

The obvious answer to this is that they had a significant problem last time with people showing up with invalidated tickets they bought from private individuals in good faith.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 flogan

Just got a few cat c's for semi final 2. It seems they've changed the venue though. Now says city of Toyota Stadium for semi 2... Also I can't see the original 2 tickets I bought for this game in 'My Tickets'. Anyone else have this problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Avant Garde

flogan wrote: »
    Just got a few cat c's for semi final 2. It seems they've changed the venue though. Now says city of Toyota Stadium for semi 2... Also I can't see the original 2 tickets I bought for this game in 'My Tickets'. Anyone else have this problem?

I've also had this issue. Got two category D tickets about an hour ago. Money out of account and tickets show up in 'My Tickets'. Says City of Toyota stadium too. The main website says semi final still in Yokohama. The seats that show up on 'My Tickets' appear to relate to the City of Toyota Stadium rather than Yokohama. Ticket website now says tickets unavailable for SF2 due to maintenance. I've a bad feeling about this...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,821 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Batgurl wrote: »
    Does anyone know when we should expect e-tickets?

Paranoid they’ll go into the spam folder and get deleted.

Think they said in July sometime but not sure is that for those who booked earliest or everyone.

Lots of matches now displaying the 'no tickets available due to temporary maintenance'. Hopefully issue is resolved and more tickets become available. Has been a right pain dealing with this portal

I was considering selling my Car B Semi Final 2 tickets to try and get Cat D.

But the ticketing system is so complicated it doesn't seem worth the effort.

If it is being moved to Toyota city, I can't go. We've got an entire plan in Yokohama and Tokyo.

• Advertisement
Advertisement