Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby World Cup 2019 Japan Travel etc...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Blisterman wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the general ticket sale on Friday night will have additional tickets added, or just whatever remains unsold after this window?

I'd say unsold. But only one way to find out...

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

Thanks guys, will try now.

There are SF2 tickets available but when I try to buy them it says "You cannot buy tickets for matches that take place within the same day." Anyone else get this? (There is obviously no other match that day).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

Does anyone know if the general ticket sale on Friday night will have additional tickets added, or just whatever remains unsold after this window?

It's unclear to be honest.

From an Irish times article:
    Almost half the 1.8 million tickets for the tournament are already sold with another 200,000 available from Tuesday for punters who were unsuccessful during the initial ballot applications. About 400,000 tickets go on general sale next Saturday, January 19th at 1am Irish time on the official Rugby World Cup ticketing website.

So that would suggest anything available now will roll over to Saturday plus an additional 400,000 will be released.

However, there is a slight disrepancy between the live availability and the actual ticket page. All of the tickets listed as sold out on the ticket page are also sold out on the live availability page but not versa.

So the world cup final for example is sold out on both except for Premium and wheelchair, I think that means no more final tickets will be released on Saturday. I'm hoping that isn't the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

We better win the group

in fairness I am sure other fans are basing tickets on being runners up

plenty of options for swaps if that happens

• Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

they put 200,000 on sale today

another 400,000 will go on sale form Saturday!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,748 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Riskymove wrote: »
    in fairness I am sure other fans are basing tickets on being runners up

plenty of options for swaps if that happens

No disrespect to Japan, Samoa or Russia but guess winner of Ireland v Scotland match could have big decider in that especially when it's first up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭BobbyBobberson

Would be great if that links work again over the weekend. Pay day Friday so might have a try again for some tickets!

Really regretting the financial splurge over the Christmas right now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Would be great if that links work again over the weekend. Pay day Friday so might have a try again for some tickets!

That's my hope. Out of our group we're only short final tickets and 4*Japan tickets.

Incidentally I'm 32578 in the queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Chris871

Praying it works for Saturday too, have all group games just missing QF tics. Now to book some flights :D

Chris871 wrote: »
    Praying it works for Saturday too, have all group games just missing QF tics. Now to book some flights :D

Started looking at flights myself, wanted to take Korea in on the way and found Amsterdam to Seoul for 200 euro so might start with that one. Busan to Osaka flight was 60 also.

Had a quick look at hostels for Yokohama and as expected there is very little. I imagine they have many saved offline so will contact directly. Very excited for it all. Been before and it is an incredible country, cant wait to see the face of people who go for the first time and spot a beer vending machine on the street :D

• Advertisement

Started looking at flights myself, wanted to take Korea in on the way and found Amsterdam to Seoul for 200 euro so might start with that one. Busan to Osaka flight was 60 also.

Had a quick look at hostels for Yokohama and as expected there is very little. I imagine they have many saved offline so will contact directly. Very excited for it all. Been before and it is an incredible country, cant wait to see the face of people who go for the first time and spot a beer vending machine on the street :D

I actually have family living over there myself, accommodation sorted :) Well in Tokyo anyway. They are some really decent fares, was thinking of doing something similar enough myself, more likely on the return leg though.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭trevezel

Payments unavailable between 1:30am and 5:30am JST on Tuesdays and Wednesdays !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    is anyone able to complete a payment right now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Redo91

Currently doing a course and won’t be back in full time employment until April so can’t afford tickets at the minute.

Just wondering do people think all tickets will be gone by the end of this month? For the RWC 2015 I managed to get 4 tickets for the pool game v France in Cardiff in the May beforehand. I had presumed that demand wouldn’t be as high this year as it isn’t as easy to get to compared to 2015.

Can anyone remember was there a similar pattern of ticket batches going on sale in 2015 and if so do they think there will be any left in the batch that are put on sale during the summer? I’m looking to go to the Samoa game and both QFs.

Appreciate there is a bit of guess work involved in what I’m asking but any advice would be appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Corcs001

With Yokohama you could stay in Tokyo if accom is a problem. If you were staying in Asakusa in Tokyo for example it's only 1hr 10 minutes from Yokohama stadium.

Corcs001 wrote: »
    With Yokohama you could stay in Tokyo if accom is a problem. If you were staying in Asakusa in Tokyo for example it's only 1hr 10 minutes from Yokohama stadium.

Cheers Corcs, will take a look ðŸ‘ðŸ»

We're staying in Tokyo too - will travel to Yokohama for games. The public transport system seems great, you could even travel to other stadiums on Honshu for the day if you wanted.

Update on the payments - the 6th person I talked to today in BOI noticed that Verified by Visa had an error on their side, hence being unable to complete transactions, and was able to fix it. Pity payments are closed at the moment! Probably very few tickets left anyway. :D

Congrats all who got their tickets today. Lots of relief!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,443 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Thanks guys, will try now.

There are SF2 tickets available but when I try to buy them it says "You cannot buy tickets for matches that take place within the same day." Anyone else get this? (There is obviously no other match that day).

Yeah. That kept on happening to me for QF 4. Didn’t get them afterwards. Got other games though. Except the Final.

Picked up Samoa tickets just now as the payment facility is back open. Still getting an error on SF2 but delighted!

Was thinking of doing that. Is that the bullet train that takes 1 hr 10?

Eod100 wrote: »

From my limited understanding, I don't think the bullet train stops in Yokohama. That or it doesn't get up to full speed until it leaves the metropolitan area.

• Advertisement

Thats just normal JR trains. If basing yourself in Tokyo its worth noting Kumagaya and Shizouka to a lesser extent are very easy to get to if you've any interest in neutral games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Deco1988

Looking to get 2 Ireland V Japan tickets, wonder is there any chance of some available on Saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Caybar

bullet train is an option (especially if you have a JR rail pass) . You can take the bullet train from Tokyo station to Shin Yokohama station.

The Yokohama stadium is 10-15 mins walk from there.

If you go on regular trains I think you'll have to transfer a couple of times. And it will take an hour or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭supasoumi99

Managed to get myself some tickets to the QF, SF and Final (hoping Ireland get there!) and am now looking at flights.

Everything I have looked at so far seems to be quite awkward / expensive, the best solution I have found so far seems to be to fly to Hong Kong and spend a night or two there either side of travelling and then fly from HK to Tokyo.

Would anyone have any advice tips as to how I could potentially do it better? Know someone mentioned earlier in this thread about Cathay Pacific but they are over €1k now!

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭redved

we're going dub to Paris and then direct to Tokyo for quarter final.just under 750 with trailfinders

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Brozy

Oh Christ, been in the queue since it went live this morning, 7,000 ahead of me. Just saw that link and I wish I never did :D Was hoping for QF4 and SF2. Onto the general sale I guess. Hopefully that link works. Congrats to all who got their tickets.

redved wrote: »
    we're going dub to Paris and then direct to Tokyo for quarter final.just under 750 with trailfinders

That's very good. Going for qf and back after final and it's c. €1,100 via Frankfurt. with All Nippon Airways. Got it through Travelgenio, seemed decent at the time but maybe I should have shopped around more!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Essielo

Just want to express extreme gratitude to the poster who put up the link it worked a treat for me having been languishing at 47k in the queue!! Was unsuccessful in the ballot so delighted now!! Got qtr final 4 and semi final 2 tickets...lets hope Ireland win the group and finally a quarter final...it's our year (again) I can feel it!!!

flights booked with Finnair via Helsinki for about 1k couldn't find much cheaper than that for my dates bar Aeroflot via some random Russian route...no ta!

Thanks to everyone on here for the info also...tend to be more a reader than poster but this forum is an invaluable resource!

Quick update, that link still works. So they didn't fix this bug during the server maintenance, they must not be onto it.

Fingers crossed for Saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,443 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Yeah, the link still works. I got a wheelchair one for the Final.

Advertisement