Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby World Cup 2019 Japan Travel etc...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

FYI
    some people who logged in at 1119 got like 60000th

they are still showing 55,000th etc

However, just joining the queue now indicates 30,000

so the wait may not be as bad as you think

43,350 in the queue at 12.19. Pretty painful watching the tickets get snapped up when you had the page open and ready all morning!

I'm surprised how slow it's been. :eek:

there is a 30 minute window before people might finish up and leave

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭trevezel

i ve just joined the queue with another computer : 120000...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,605 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Eod100 wrote: »
    Is it just me or does there seem to be greater demand for this RWC than England 2015? Or is it just the way they are managing the sale?

Most likely the way they are managing or manipulating the sale would be more appropriate.
    They want to artificially increase the demand so as to sell the Category A and hospitality tickets.

There is no way that a tournament in Japan would have a higher demand than one taking place in Europe.
    There will be loads of unsold tickets come next September,especially at those high prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

Riskymove wrote: »
    FYI
    some people who logged in at 1119 got like 60000th

they are still showing 55,000th etc

However, just joining the queue now indicates 30,000

so the wait may not be as bad as you think

I was about 4,000th when I joined at 11.19; still not in. About 700 ahead of me now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

The final is now sold out except for Premium and wheelchair seats.

That's me goosed then. I already had semis and I wanted tickets to the final.

Padkir wrote: »
    I was about 4,000th when I joined at 11.19; still not in. About 700 ahead of me now.

if that worked formally then it would suggest only 3,300 have got in

yet I get 30,000 logging in at 1223 while my mate is still 55000 being in at 1119

so it is hard to now exactly what has happened numbers wise

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

I'd imagine that people are also dropping off depending on if they can pay attention for the next few hours or not. Either way it's all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

I copied this link yesterday and pasted it into a meeting invite for myself and it seems that somehow it skips the queue:

https://queue.tickets.rugbyworldcup.com/?c=tickethour&e=rwc2019public&cid=en-GB&t_uc=&t_crk=&t_url=&t_key=&t_n=&t_e=&t_idNews=&t_resetId=&t_utm_source=&t_utm_medium=&t_utm_campaign=&t_utm_term=&t_utm_content=

Hopefully it will work for ye too. Try it in a different browser to where you're queuing just in case it makes you lose your place. Once you log in it has you at the "My Account" page and you can go to "My Applications" from there and start a new application.

reap-a-rat wrote: »
    I copied this link yesterday and pasted it into a meeting invite for myself and it seems that somehow it skips the queue:

https://queue.tickets.rugbyworldcup.com/?c=tickethour&e=rwc2019public&cid=en-GB&t_uc=&t_crk=&t_url=&t_key=&t_n=&t_e=&t_idNews=&t_resetId=&t_utm_source=&t_utm_medium=&t_utm_campaign=&t_utm_term=&t_utm_content=

Hopefully it will work for ye too. Try it in a different browser to where you're queuing just in case it makes you lose your place. Once you log in it has you at the "My Account" page and you can go to "My Applications" from there and start a new application.

It works.

What. The. ****.

• Advertisement

That's what I used to get in this morning... I have no idea why it works... sorry I didn't post it sooner but I had somebody else check it and when it worked for them I thought omg it's not just a weird cache thing on my pc.

Hope ye all get the tickets ye want!

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭The Caveman

I love you man... owe you a pint...

That's what I used to get in this morning... I have no idea why it works... sorry I didn't post it sooner but I had somebody else check it and when it worked for them I thought omg it's not just a weird cache thing on my pc.

Hope ye all get the tickets ye want!

Cheers.

Too late for me unfortunately. I only wanted tickets to the final which is sold out.

Oh well.

I love you woman... owe you a pint...

FYP
    troyzer wrote: »
    Cheers.

Too late for me unfortunately. I only wanted tickets to the final which is sold out.

Oh well.

Keep checking back in - as I mentioned in my first post I wanted SF1 but Cat C and Cat D were unavailable, however some people who were hogging them in their baskets must have decided against and managed to grab 2 Cat D before they were unavailable again. Never say never!

FYP

Keep checking back in - as I mentioned in my first post I wanted SF1 but Cat C and Cat D were unavailable, however some people who were hogging them in their baskets must have decided against and managed to grab 2 Cat D before they were unavailable again. Never say never!

Can you get a wheelchair seat if you intentionally shatter both of your ankles? Or the ankles of the loved one you're going with?

Can you get a wheelchair seat if you intentionally shatter both of your ankles? Or the ankles of the loved one you're going with?

I can't say that I hadn't also considered this...

many thanks

SF tickets bought and email confirmation

Had to go to Cat B

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

I'm in too - but getting an error when looking for Semi Final tickets - "You cannot buy tickets for matches that take place within the same day." - even though I don't have any tickets same day. Anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭comment

You beauty! Thanks worked for me. Can only make one pool game but wanted child ticket too. Rang AIB visa to make sure I’d have no problems. Relief

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭CianDon

You sir are an absolute legend!!!! Sat looking at the Queue for 2 hours, going from 15000 to 10000, and then thought to browse here to beat the boredom. Straight in, tickets bought and ready to live the dream.

Ireland v. Scotland, Japan & Russia, as well as Wales v Georgia as a little add-on.

• Advertisement

I got booted out. Tried that link again just out of curiosity.

And it let me back in.

Absolute ****ing shambles of a process so I wouldn't feel guilty at all about taking advantage of a massive loophole.

Absolutely ****ing shambles of a process so I wouldn't feel guilty at all about taking advantage of a massive loophole.

well yeah, but let's hope it stands up now!!

Riskymove wrote: »
    well yeah, but let's hope it stands up now!!

I'm sure it will.

I'm going to try this link again for the general sale. The articles going around said something like 200,000 are being released today and another 400,000 on the general sale.

There's every chance I might still be able to get tickets. Not today though.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

free drinks for you in japan. Got my quarter final tickets.
    Queue still only dropped me 5,000 spaces in 2 hours haha

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Corcs001

You are a hero! Ireland v Scotland and Quarter final tickets sorted. The games are a month apart :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,696 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

That loophole is mad. Basically can select ticket category if available? In the ballot in October it was a lottery and were allocated what you got and that was that.

Maybe should have held off for this presale! Then again would have been different altogether if had to wait hours only to find out everything was gone..

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭SmokeyTheBull

Unreal, got in with this and manage to get a ticket for the Japan match, thanks so much. The NZ v SA is tempting now too...

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭sligoblue

Reap-a-rat, u are a star. B tickets for IreScot and NZL SthA. Top man.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,696 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Probably a silly question but for anyone who got tickets through loophole link, had you applied in ballot and not got tickets? Or can anyone use that link once they have created an account?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

Had queue open from last night on phone and on work laptop from 9am this morning. When queue opened I was 12,000th on phone and 859th on laptop :confused::confused: So seems that made no difference.

Managed to get the right, hopefully, quarters tickets. Got semi's in ballot previously so im a happy guy :D:D

Very sound of Reap to post the link there, as seems to work perfectly and the queues now seem to be crazy and hours long. Ill add a pint to your Japan haul Reap.

Advertisement