Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby World Cup 2019 Japan Travel etc...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

Eod100 wrote: »
    Probably a silly question but for anyone who got tickets through loophole link, had you applied in ballot and not got tickets? Or can anyone use that link once they have created an account?

Just sign up. I got tickets in ballot but this allows you to buy for any game you want

• Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

swiftman wrote: »
    Just sign up. I got tickets in ballot but this allows you to buy for any game you want

it states that if you got all the tickets you looked for in ballot that you cannot buy tickets in this pre-sale

I did not get all the tickets I looked for previously

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭PhilipsR

Finally got in and the semi final tickets are gone. Only cat A left!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,748 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

swiftman wrote: »

I'm sorted myself, was gonna pass on a link to a friend but not sure if they applied in ballot, or would that not make any difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭thegreycity

Moving a bit faster now, I'm at 43128. By my calculation at the current rate and given a 4 1/2 hour maintenance I should be in in 17 hours, so about 7 in the morning?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

I'm sorted myself, was gonna pass on a link to a friend but not sure if they applied in ballot, or would that not make any difference?

he might as well try

worst that can happen is that he signs up and it says he can't participate

he could try it in the general sale on saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

Tried to pay with BOI and it just says pending. BOI have no clue what to do about it, been speaking to three different people. They say no holds on the account. Anyone else still have payment pending?

And couldn't get the semi final tickets due to "no two matches on same day" error. A little annoying but not the end of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,675 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Dont think it will work.
    I didnt apply in a ballot and cannot seem to buy tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,443 ✭✭✭finbarrk

reap-a-rat wrote: »
    I copied this link yesterday and pasted it into a meeting invite for myself and it seems that somehow it skips the queue:

https://queue.tickets.rugbyworldcup.com/?c=tickethour&e=rwc2019public&cid=en-GB&t_uc=&t_crk=&t_url=&t_key=&t_n=&t_e=&t_idNews=&t_resetId=&t_utm_source=&t_utm_medium=&t_utm_campaign=&t_utm_term=&t_utm_content=

Hopefully it will work for ye too. Try it in a different browser to where you're queuing just in case it makes you lose your place. Once you log in it has you at the "My Account" page and you can go to "My Applications" from there and start a new application.
    I owe you a few pints. Excellent, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,443 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Use the link lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,607 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I copied this link yesterday and pasted it into a meeting invite for myself and it seems that somehow it skips the queue:

https://queue.tickets.rugbyworldcup.com/?c=tickethour&e=rwc2019public&cid=en-GB&t_uc=&t_crk=&t_url=&t_key=&t_n=&t_e=&t_idNews=&t_resetId=&t_utm_source=&t_utm_medium=&t_utm_campaign=&t_utm_term=&t_utm_content=

Hopefully it will work for ye too. Try it in a different browser to where you're queuing just in case it makes you lose your place. Once you log in it has you at the "My Account" page and you can go to "My Applications" from there and start a new application.

Is there a way to nominate this guy for some award? Worked for me and a bunch of my mates. Thank you so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭basillarkin

QF2 sold out now by all accounts was hoping for one for that

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

Tried to pay with BOI and it just says pending. BOI have no clue what to do about it, been speaking to three different people. They say no holds on the account. Anyone else still have payment pending?

And couldn't get the semi final tickets due to "no two matches on same day" error. A little annoying but not the end of the world.

Had similar issues. World Rugby try to put through a 1 cent authentication payment which was pending processing. They sent email/text asking to confirm payment was authentic. Once I replied, i was able to put through payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Probably a silly question but for anyone who got tickets through loophole link, had you applied in ballot and not got tickets? Or can anyone use that link once they have created an account?

i got a semi through the loophole and had no luck in the ballot

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

You're a king of men. Managed to get 4*SF2 tickets. Legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Recognition Scene

You're a hero! Cheers, managed to snag tickets to the Japan game with this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Managed to get 2 Cat C tickets for QF2 to go with the two from QF4 from the ballots, thanks reap-a-rat!

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭gizmo23

finbarrk wrote: »

I owe you a few pints. Excellent, thanks.

Can second that managed to get all blacks South Africa tickets and Ireland Japan tickets.

Looks like honeymoon is in Japan 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭The Caveman

I had login details, but failed in the ballot, and worked for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭bennyl10

I had login details, but failed in the ballot, and worked for me.

I got tickets in the first ballot, didnt in the second and I'm allowed in on today one..
    well once the que moves

• Advertisement

I'm having the pending issue also. Got a text to confirm the payment from AIB, but it came after the page came up with an error. So AIB have the payment as going through, but no confirmation from RWC site. Just stuck on Pending.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

We better win the group

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Manofthewest

This is fantastic. Thanks.
    Looks like I got at least the Scotland Game. This waiting around is very annoying.

Got a payement error on website but looks like it’s pending with UlsterBank and got email confirmation. System is a shambles.

Didn't get my pending tickets and now QF4 is sold out, disaster!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭BobbyBobberson

Holy ****. I cannot believe that link worked!

4 tickets for Ireland Scotland, feels too good to be true!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭SmokeyTheBull

Aside from the loophole. I think the system has been pretty par for the course as far as buying tickets for a very high demand event goes. The €1 thing is a fairly common practice however given their reputation I'm glad I'm not with BoI or UB and going through this.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

Update: lost the tickets. Spoke to 5 people at BOI and they saw no issue. Except for multiple 1c transactions. Payment remained at Pending, and after a couple of hours the basket emptied.

Not great.

Update: lost the tickets. Spoke to 5 people at BOI and they saw no issue. Except for multiple 1c transactions. Payment remained at Pending, and after a couple of hours the basket emptied.

Not great.

Same thing happened to me. Went back through the link there and I kept refreshing, Cat B tickets came up and I grabbed them, payment went through the second time and have them confirmed now! Keep trying!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Does anyone know if the general ticket sale on Friday night will have additional tickets added, or just whatever remains unsold after this window?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

Not great.

That's what happened to me the first time round. Second time, payment went through and everything was confirmed instantly. It seems if it goes to pending, with the tickets still in your basket, you're out of luck and have to wait for the 30 mins to be up for them to go back to inventory (or perhaps removing them from the basket yourself does the trick).

Advertisement