Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Britain ever just piss off and get on with Brexit? -mod warning in OP (21/12)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

road_high wrote: »
    After spending 800 years getting away from these loons and reducing reducing our dependence on them you really think the Irish people are going to go rushing hack?
    Why not, it didn't even take 100 years to for the Irish to jump from their British masters to the German/French masters.

Maybe one day the Irish will be strong enough to stand on their own.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

The bots are at it again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭declanflynn

Blueshoe wrote: »
    I didn't say they don't have the right to comment brendan

Dig up not down silly
    It britian that is going down a hole

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Hopefully. And hopefully a knock on effect EU wide

• Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭road_high

biko wrote: »
    Why not, it didn't even take 100 years to for the Irish to jump from their British masters to the German/French masters.

In the world we live in economies and trade is all soninterlinked- you don’t “stand on your own” ala Dev’s vision of Irish economic independence.
    Very silly and informed rhetoric to be talking about “German French” masters- it’s exactly the kind of infantile headlines I’d expect to see in The Sun aimed at the semi literate dregs of English society

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67,030 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

The bitterness is high in that one Biko.

is_that_so wrote: »
    Lost three years of our lives waiting for them to leave but otherwise who really cares.

People worrying about things that may or may not happen. Things they have no control over.

The question is . Will worrying help the situation?
    The answer . No

Wait and see and deal with what comes. No power to change anything so adapt and overcome .

Applies to all of life's situations
    Well that sorts everything out!

Well that sorts everything out!

You have no say, no control and no power to change anything.

Cry into your pillow if you want. Let us know if it helps

I predict 6-8 months of gnashing of teeth from the remainers after brexit and then things will settle.
    Then other countries will look at leaving too.

Maybe we can have the monolith disbanded in 10 years.

The massive fear the EU have is that the UK will make a success of leaving the EU (I expect they will but it will be 2 years or so of hard graft) and others will follow. If I was a betting man I'd say Italy will look at their own exit vote within the next 5 years. The EU at it's most basic inception was a good idea and worked well for it's citizens but alas those days are well gone now unfortunately.
    Maybe that's depaffell's plan, if we wait long enough there wont be an EU to leave.

You have no say, no control and no power to change anything.

Cry into your pillow if you want. Let us know if it helps

But will of the people!! You just said people called for change

Oh I give up haha

• Advertisement

You think the UK will have recovered in 5 years?

Didn't the architects of Brexit mention much much longer?

2 years not 5.
    3 weeks

But will of the people!! You just said people called for change

Oh I give up haha

You need to run that one again. You are posting on too many threads at once around the clock and seem to be mixing them up.

Although you "giving up" sounds good. So il go with that

is_that_so wrote: »
    The EU have no fear of anything the UK will get up to. They are the big market and its up to the UK to get a trade deal done. You'd lose on Italy BTW, one of the best examples of how a dysfunctional country can keep running into perpetuity. Italians don't want to leave but they do want their country fixed by the people who broke it. Some of those politicians have blamed the EU but it's really homegrown.

It's pie in the sky stuff if you think no deal isn't going to massively effect Europe. Personally I think within 12 months the effects will be so massive on Ireland in particular the conversation on leaving and hitching our trailer to the UK will be openly talked about.

Pride will come well down the list before having people in work and keeping the lights on.
    That will never happen bren look at how our exports to the uk are trending over the last 40 years, 9% of our exports go to britian, so ye are not that important to us and after Brexit even if ye want our goods ye wint be able to afford them

janfebmar wrote: »
    The EU is going to shaft us the same as they did in the bank bailout. Wait and see.

Please explain that one.

Ill get the tea on.
    We had been shafting ourselves for the previous 8 years and it caught up on us

After spending 800 years getting away from these loons and reducing reducing our dependence on them you really think the Irish people are going to go rushing hack?

We have ye over a barrel and the EU are right with us, think it's time for britian to pull down its pants

Why would you want that to happen? Are you so bitter and full of bile towards Europe that you wish failure on theirs? What a sad way to view the world

I'm laughing

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Seemingly Andrew "the British are entitled to an Irish passport" Bridgen was talking to Marian Finucane about our shared history and even referred to Cromwell.
    No audio available yet.

Why would you want that to happen? Are you so bitter and full of bile towards Europe that you wish failure on theirs? What a sad way to view the world

I have duel Canadian citizenship. I'd like to see Europe collapse

Seemingly Andrew "the British are entitled to an Irish passport" Bridgen was talking to Marian Finucane about our shared history and even referred to Cromwell.
    No audio available yet.

I heard him. It was like talking to a brick wall. Would take nothing on board at all.
    It was Brendan O'Connor interviewing not Marian.

• Advertisement

Europe?

What advantage would that be to you?

I'm laughing

I thought you might be. Words are funny.

The same person that told me to go home and called me a tan numerous times. I was laughing when I saw you back peddling and sweating when confronted by someone actually from Britain

Europe?

What advantage would that be to you?

I'm not a fan of the EU. It's collapse is the best way forward

I'm not a fan of the EU. It's collapse is the best way forward

'Forward' to what?

I'm laughing

I thought you might be. Words are funny.

The same person that told me to go home and called me a tan numerous times. I was laughing when I saw you back peddling and sweating when confronted by someone actually from Britain
    Go home mate

I couldn’t care less if you had worldwide citizenship- you’re just a very bitter vindictive horrible person

You need to run that one again. You are posting on too many threads at once around the clock and seem to be mixing them up.

Although you "giving up" sounds good. So il go with that

You can’t remember your own posts. It’s gas

I know they sound the same, but it's "dual". And no, I hope Europe survives, just EU doesn't

No audio available yet.

Cromwell trending all day on twitter as a result.

• Advertisement

We have ye over a barrel and the EU are right with us, think it's time for britian to pull down its pants
    You already have the west-brits, won't that suffice?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement