Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New York Jets Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

With pretty much all of our top talent dropping like flies, anyone think it increases the chance of Robby and Leo being traded before W8? we're almost certainly going to be out of wildcard contention, they were both doubts anyway. Could be a chance for the new mgmt to get closer to a clear house...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,810 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

latest headling is Sam's out indefinitely.

Mono. Crap. Kissing the wrong women. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

The Jets are just plain cursed. Any good free agent exorcists available?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭phatkev

Hell of an injury report right there, Monday could get real ugly!

https://twitter.com/nyjets/status/1172966633595449351

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Your QB, best LB and top 5 rookie DL out.
    Your star RB and starting LT potentially out.

Nightmare stuff.

Your QB, best LB and top 5 rookie DL out.
    Your star RB and starting LT potentially out.

Nightmare stuff.

Meh, normal week in the life of a Jets fan:(

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭corner back 2

phatkev wrote: »
    Meh, normal week in the life of a Jets fan:(

Unfortunately that's true but for the season to appear all but over by week 2 is unusual even for the Jets!

Have game recorded from last night but not sure if I want to watch it after reading reports of the game. Another QB down and a few more injuries is something this team can't afford. Gase is getting a lot of criticism again for his game plan and you can sense his relationship with the New York media already getting a little testy. I think I will pretend the NFL doesn't exist for a few weeks and maybe return after the 2nd Patriots game!!

Have game recorded from last night but not sure if I want to watch it after reading reports of the game. Another QB down and a few more injuries is something this team can't afford. Gase is getting a lot of criticism again for his game plan and you can sense his relationship with the New York media already getting a little testy. I think I will pretend the NFL doesn't exist for a few weeks and maybe return after the 2nd Patriots game!!

I like your ideas. Jets/Dolphins games ought to be amusing, battles for the overall #1.

Sort of feels like a bomb's been dropped, season over after the first week, one that started with good expectations what a full year of Darnold, Bell in the backfield, intriguing #3 pick. Now, 11 warm bodies a week on both sides. Memories of the Rich Kotite era.

• Advertisement

Pleasantly surprised by the defense, I thought they played pretty well given the circumstances. Naiston is an instant upgrade over Johnson, delighted Williams had no issues dropping him after his performance last week.

The offense was absolutely putrid, and the commentators had the check to call Gase an offensive guru!! Not double teaming Garrett was probably a bad idea in hindsight :rolleyes:
    Penalties are still a huge issue for this team

Are the NY Jets the team where lousy head coaches go to end their careers?

Job Opportunity
    Employer: NY Jets
    Position: Quarterback
    Experience: No NFL experience necessary
    Timeframe: Immediate start

J-E-T-S… Just End The Season

:(

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

No injury report on Siemian today but the Jets will likely have to sign another QB. There is every possibility that by the end of week 3 the Jets will have used 4 QBs and 2 kickers in the regular season!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭I says

No injury report on Siemian today but the Jets will likely have to sign another QB. There is every possibility that by the end of week 3 the Jets will have used 4 QBs and 2 kickers in the regular season!

Kaepernick might be available

I says wrote: »
    It won’t be Kaepernick. They’re not searching for a long-term backup and only need someone over the next few games… and then be able to cut him.

There’s Brock Osweiler and even David Fales – who has some history working with Gase and knows his playbook, and would require minimal adjustment. Also, Brandon Silvers and Paxton Lynch. The problem with going after some QB on a team's practice squad would mean the Jets would have to add him to their 53 man roster.

I says wrote: »

If theres one team he definitely wont be ending up on its the Jets as Woody Johnson is Trumps ambassador to England

• Advertisement

According to the NY Post the Jets will be signing David Fales to back up Luke Falk before the match-up against the Patriots.

Also, Sam Darnold said Tuesday that team doctors are estimating a Week 5 return against the Eagles after the bye week.

Unsurprisingly very quiet here at the moment. Very hard to have much hope as a jets fan at the moment. Poor players, poor coaching and poor effort seem to be the order of the day. Hopefully Sam might be back after the bye and Mosely as well. This should give both sides of the ball a lift. I know Gase deserves some slack due to injuries but his play calling will have to improve.

Unsurprisingly very quiet here at the moment. Very hard to have much hope as a jets fan at the moment. Poor players, poor coaching and poor effort seem to be the order of the day. Hopefully Sam might be back after the bye and Mosely as well. This should give both sides of the ball a lift. I know Gase deserves some slack due to injuries but his play calling will have to improve.
    We’re just settling into our old familiar routine and grateful there’s a fourth week bye.

notobtuse wrote: »
    We’re just settling into our old familiar routine and grateful there’s a fourth week bye.

Tried not to care about the game yesterday and didn't watch it or even the red zone. However I couldn't help myself and I did keep track of the game on twitter!!

Tried not to care about the game yesterday and didn't watch it or even the red zone. However I couldn't help myself and I did keep track of the game on twitter!!

It was painful!!
    And as you said every part of their game was dog sh1te , but there are alot to come back from injury so the early bye week might not be all that bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭franglan

Jamal Adams just comes across as annoying, you are getting whipped. Stop with the stupid pick six celebration with Roberts who isint good enough to start for an NFL team at CB. Was it the 3rd ever throw by a rookie QB - run it back and move on.

An absolute shambles of a first twenty minutes here. A defensive end lined up on a wide reciever, shambles of a 54 yard field goal with the line lined up completely skewed. Burn a time out, bad snap and it's missed anyway to highlight a few points.

Shocking! How the fook did Tru Johnson get back in the lineup?

A couple of changes on the o-line have somehow made it worse!

CBS showed some peewee football prior to coming back from a break... those guys could take this Jet team. Hard to call them a professional team.

Ugly. Just ugly.

They gave up 10 sacks today, TEN!!!

It's not getting any prettier, not sure you want Sam taking such a hammering next week. The O-line is horrendous. Tried to watch as much of Leonard Williams play today - energy not there, no quick step, think you'd have to question the effort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,543 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Haven't watched a Jets game in years but their record recently is horrendous. Any hope for this year?

I was in Princeton, NJ on Saturday. I had two Jets/Eagles game tickets in the car. My car was broken into and the burglar left me two more tickets.

Darnold cleared to play Sunday vs. Dallas. I wonder if she should be on a short leash - team's already 0-4 and don't have a viable O-line. Why risk Darnold?

I could actually attend a game in December as I'll be in NJ. Have yet to attend a home game since they left the Meadowlands, might do it just to see the stadium.

• Advertisement

If he's clear to play he plays is the logic I'd say. Would love to have a bye week to get to work on that O-line...

franglan wrote: »
    If he's clear to play he plays is the logic I'd say. Would love to have a bye week to get to work on that O-line...

I guess if Darnold has been cleared to play his spleen is good to go and normal hits shouldnt really effect it
    I got a look at the all 22 angle today and while the oline was ****e, Falk accounted for 4 or 5 of the sacks because he just held onto the ball for to long. Anderson was also wide open multiply times and Falk never looked at him.

Be interesting to see how Gase play calling goes now that Darnold is back? I'd say he's on a fairly short leash

Igotadose wrote: »
    Darnold cleared to play Sunday vs. Dallas. I wonder if she should be on a short leash - team's already 0-4 and don't have a viable O-line. Why risk Darnold?

I could actually attend a game in December as I'll be in NJ. Have yet to attend a home game since they left the Meadowlands, might do it just to see the stadium.

If your going just to see the stadium get ready to be massively disappointed

Yeah phatkev - Falk doesn't see pressure. Minimal movement in the pocket from what I've seen.

phatkev wrote: »
    If your going just to see the stadium get ready to be massively disappointed

Ahh o.k.. maybe if we get free tickets then:)

Igotadose wrote: »
    Ahh o.k.. maybe if we get free tickets then:)

They'll be close to it based on this form. When I was there in the Geno era I paid $20 :rolleyes:

hots wrote: »
    They'll be close to it based on this form. When I was there in the Geno era I paid $20 :rolleyes:
    I paid $90 in the Tebow almost-era to see them. :rolleyes:

Well that first half was refreshing

Great to get the win! How many times have we seen the Jets lose that game! Darnold looked on fire in the first half, not as good in the second but still seemed to moved the chains when really needed
    :D

• Advertisement

1 in a row. And yes, as always trying to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Luck on the onsides kick at the end of the game!

Still, winning beats losing. I wonder if Darnold's having stamina issues with his 2d half performance.

Well I did not see that coming... I would love to see an O Line comparison from the week before, Sam certainly moved around the pocket better and released quickly but I'd love to know did the O Line actually get any better?

Well I did not see that coming... I would love to see an O Line comparison from the week before, Sam certainly moved around the pocket better and released quickly but I'd love to know did the O Line actually get any better?

80% better - 2 sacks vs. 10 :D:D

NFL.jpg

Optimism of Dallas win well and truly smashed. I know we have some bad teams coming up but we are well capable of losing to them. 5 win season at max I think. Saw an interesting tweet about Gase. Out of 55 games coaches he has lost 24 by double digits and only won 24 games. 21 wins are between 1-9 points and only 3 by double digits. Doesn't inspire confidence for the future. One comment mentioned that Macc was equally as bad picking coaches as he was picking players. Hopefully Joe Douglas can be the GM to take us out of this losing cycle.

Optimism of Dallas win well and truly smashed. I know we have some bad teams coming up but we are well capable of losing to them. 5 win season at max I think. Saw an interesting tweet about Gase. Out of 55 games coaches he has lost 24 by double digits and only won 24 games. 21 wins are between 1-9 points and only 3 by double digits. Doesn't inspire confidence for the future. One comment mentioned that Macc was equally as bad picking coaches as he was picking players. Hopefully Joe Douglas can be the GM to take us out of this losing cycle.

I still believe the Gase criticism is too early, we've now seen 3 games of Gase imo, and even then missing some key pieces, one unexpected win against a dangerous enough Cowboys team, edged out by the Bills in his first competitive game and spanked by a very strong Pats D.

I'm not sure what playcalling changes in yesterdays game tbh, the line crumbled, Sam made some very poor passes (50% because of pressure and 50% poor play imo) and on defense we have abysmal corners. I think you still have to judge him at the end of the season (or close to it). If you consider it a 13 game season and we finish with a "winning" % (7 wins) you'd have to call it a successful year. I reckon there's 8 winnable games left, we need to take 6 of them I reckon.

Last night was fcking awful though.

• Advertisement

Yesterday's embarrassment has ensured I'm skipping the game in NJ on Thanksgiving weekend. Probably will watch it on local TV and drown my sorrows.

I still believe the Gase criticism is too early, we've now seen 3 games of Gase imo, and even then missing some key pieces, one unexpected win against a dangerous enough Cowboys team, edged out by the Bills in his first competitive game and spanked by a very strong Pats D.

I'm not sure what playcalling changes in yesterdays game tbh, the line crumbled, Sam made some very poor passes (50% because of pressure and 50% poor play imo) and on defense we have abysmal corners. I think you still have to judge him at the end of the season (or close to it). If you consider it a 13 game season and we finish with a "winning" % (7 wins) you'd have to call it a successful year. I reckon there's 8 winnable games left, we need to take 6 of them I reckon.

Last night was fcking awful though.

I see your point be if he only has to win "winnable" games then the bar is set very low. Coaches will have to take some responsibility for bad O line play and the schemes that are being run. It just looked like they weren't prepared at all. Last week the Cowboys really focused on stopping the run and Darnold gashed them. Did Gase and co really believe the Bellicheck wouldn't come after Darnold and gameplan accordingly. Jets have 4 games left against teams actively trying to lose (Dolphins Bengals Redskins). Then possible winnable games versus Jarguars, Giants, Raiders and Steelers. Maybe we can pick up 6 wins from that. 7 wins might look ok on paper to some but if you take into account how far we are away against good teams I can't have any confidence in Gase.

I see your point be if he only has to win "winnable" games then the bar is set very low. Coaches will have to take some responsibility for bad O line play and the schemes that are being run. It just looked like they weren't prepared at all. Last week the Cowboys really focused on stopping the run and Darnold gashed them. Did Gase and co really believe the Bellicheck wouldn't come after Darnold and gameplan accordingly. Jets have 4 games left against teams actively trying to lose (Dolphins Bengals Redskins). Then possible winnable games versus Jarguars, Giants, Raiders and Steelers. Maybe we can pick up 6 wins from that. 7 wins might look ok on paper to some but if you take into account how far we are away against good teams I can't have any confidence in Gase.

I think 7 wins out of 13 (removing non-Sam games) is pretty solid mind, in a normal season that's wildcard contention and that's about right for our level of talent imo... meaning in my eyes Gase would have got about the 'right' level of performance out of the team (while missing 2 massive defensive pieces too).

The OLine I agree entirely, I cannot see much improvement if any (at least Edoga is getting blooded in at both tackle spots I suppose). What frustrates me more is the lack of scheming to help it... maybe you can say Gase hasn't got a FB and has had mixed TEs but surely there's a way to give that line some more help. Wesco has hardly seen the field and was drafted as a blocking TE, he must be awful in practise. No Enunwa either for dropping into the H Back spot.... I'm not sure what the answer is but surely there's some extra help that could be given.

Oh and the Osemele situation is very concerning.

Oh and the Osemele situation is very concerning.

Such a strange situation and the way both sides are handling are bizarre! The fact that Osemele only decided he wanted shoulder surgery after he was dropped for Lewis (who has been preforming much better) makes me a little bit suspicious considering he needed to start x amount of games to get around 9 million, but if he goes on IR he gets it regardless.

Yup very dodgy, and will only get worse imo, I assumed he was pulling the stunt looking for a trade?

• Advertisement
Advertisement