Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xiaomi Mi 9T

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭massy086

I have a mi 8 and was considering upgrading to a Mi9t but looking at the spec of kimovil, it doesn't seem like that much of an "upgrade" (except for the camera) or maybe im missing something?
    Ye it wouldn't be an upgrade at all.maybe wait and see if they bring out a 9t-pro with the 855 Snapdragon.

I have a mi 8 and was considering upgrading to a Mi9t but looking at the spec of kimovil, it doesn't seem like that much of an "upgrade" (except for the camera) or maybe im missing something?

camera and bigger battery.

in-screen fingerprint reader if that is an upgrade also.

no notch due to pop-up camera.

730 is very similar to the 845 in real-world perf but more efficient

but not a big upgrade for sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭webels

decent price.

works out about 330 euro delivered vs 308 euro on eglobal (chepest) for 128gb

375 delivered on amazon spain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Good price from Aliexpress from Mi Global store
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33026068560.html?spm=a2g0s.8937518.0.0.3c2c2e0eAoHXMP
    Works out at around €273 with DHL delivery

Edit with 6gb and 64gb...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭biebiebie

This info is for the Mi 9T PRO.
    The Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro official EU release is imminent.
    Said to start at €429 for the base version.

(I also posted this info in the K20 thread. Potentially the K20 Pro might never be officially launched in Europe under that name, only as Mi 9T Pro).

I suppose keep an eye out on Amazon.es and Honorbuy EU for availablity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭digitaldr

My niece got a Mi 9t 128gb on my recommendation - she always had iPhones before this :eek:
    She's very pleased with it but for some reason the RTE player app refuses to play in fullscreen - any help appreciated.

I had a play around with it - very impressed but I reckon it would take me a while to get used to miui. I'm a longterm oneplus user so used to near stock android. There's an annoying amount of xiaomi apps that can't be uninstalled/disabled so have to be hidden in a folder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭Harika

Bought the 9T at the end from honorbuy.
    Battery is a beast, acceptable fast and nice gimmick with the camera and no notch or hole in the screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

digitaldr wrote: »
    My niece got a Mi 9t 128gb on my recommendation - she always had iPhones before this :eek:
    She's very pleased with it but for some reason the RTE player app refuses to play in fullscreen - any help appreciated.

I had a play around with it - very impressed but I reckon it would take me a while to get used to miui. I'm a longterm oneplus user so used to near stock android. There's an annoying amount of xiaomi apps that can't be uninstalled/disabled so have to be hidden in a folder.

Coming from a oneplus 3T im thinking of pulling the trigger on the mi9T. Looks like a decent upgrade for me. Is it just a bit of bloatware? I recently updated my 3T to Android Pie so i take it this phone runs that.

• Advertisement

What Charger are you using? The one from the box? I see the socket won't work in Ireland. Will a converter work OK or can you recommend a charger?

As in the two prong? But if you use an adapter will it work?

Ive been using a ONEPLUS Dash Charger the past couple years with an adapter and it hasnt bothered me at all. I take it the same will work

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Lads for those of you that are worried about the bloatware on the Mi9t...... Just flash the phone with the ROM from Xiaomi.eu (if you want to keep MIUI) or pixel experience (for completely stock android)

This will remove the bloat

I'm running pixel experience on my Mi 8 and there is 0 bloat on the phone

When I first got it, it had all the bloatware on it

Lads for those of you that are worried about the bloatware on the Mi9t...... Just flash the phone with the ROM from Xiaomi.eu (if you want to keep MIUI) or pixel experience (for completely stock android)

This will remove the bloat

I'm running pixel experience on my Mi 8 and there is 0 bloat on the phone

When I first got it, it had all the bloatware on it

is it much? as in im thinking back to Samsung and all the apps the load up on it

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

BKWDR wrote: »
    is it much? as in im thinking back to Samsung and all the apps the load up on it

Is what much? Sorry your reply makes no sense to me

Is what much? Sorry your reply makes no sense to me

The Bloatware. Like is it much? Only i saw it mentioned above and anything else iv read about online doesnt mention it. But someone else mentioned that the user interface needs a bit of getting used to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

The Bloatware. Like is it much? Only i saw it mentioned above and anything else iv read about online doesnt mention it. But someone else mentioned that the user interface needs a bit of getting used to

I have the mi9, stick nova launcher on it and that sorts the UI. There's a couple of preinstalled apps you can't get rid of unless you hook it up to a computer and use adb to remove them. I wasn't bothered to do that though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭droidman123

CSSE09 wrote: »
    I have the mi9, stick nova launcher on it and that sorts the UI. There's a couple of preinstalled apps you can't get rid of unless you hook it up to a computer and use adb to remove them. I wasn't bothered to do that though.

Is there much pop up ads,also does the bloatware have much of a drain on the battery? I have never had a xiaomi so i,m not sure if the pop up ads are done away with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

Is there much pop up ads,also does the bloatware have much of a drain on the battery? I have never had a xiaomi so i,m not sure if the pop up ads are done away with

No ads, no battery drain that I can see either. Very impressed with the battery in the mi 9 and the 9t is even bigger.

Actually only 288 on eglobal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭Harika

Am i missing something here? €299 for the 128 gb,supports band 20,ships from holland

Loads of negative reviews and seems to ship also from Asia while stating otherwise.

Edit: Also the issue if something goes wrong and you need support in warranty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I've ordered the 64GB model from HonourBuy. Came to €320 (including a flip leather case).

EDIT: Just got a text from DHL to say it will be delivered by close of play tomorrow.

Harika wrote: »
    Loads of negative reviews and seems to ship also from Asia while stating otherwise.

Pity about that,unreal price for the 128gb.its crazy the way they can get away with saying it ships from the netherlands

I've ordered the 64GB model from HonourBuy. Came to €320 (including a flip leather case).

EDIT: Just got a text from DHL to say it will be delivered by close of play tomorrow.

How did you get the flipcase? Does it just automatically ship with the phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Add it to the cart, same as other sites.

No, it's extra. The phone comes with a soft plastic case though.

No, it's extra. The phone comes with a soft plastic case though.

Thanks,i wasnt sure if it came free with a code or something

That's quick and i think the way i will go so.

The DHL didnt mention any potential liable for customs?

That's quick and i think the way i will go so.

The DHL didnt mention any potential liable for customs?

I got a phone from them last month for my father and it was delivered in less than 48 hours.
    No customs as I chose a phone from an EU warehouse.

I ordered the 64gb,works out about €320,same as heebusjebus,got a quote for € 171 for my oneplus 5 in cex.hopefully i will have my mi 9t by friday

• Advertisement

Pity about that,unreal price for the 128gb.its crazy the way they can get away with saying it ships from the netherlands

eglobal has the 128gb for 292.

no customs but wait 10 to 12 days usually

definitely not as good as amazon on returns but with modern QC stds very unlikely to have an issue.

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/xiaomi-mi-9t-6gb-128gb-dual-sim-redmi-k20-with-tempered-glass-screen-protector-carbon-black-1.html

Just setting up my 9T now. Took less than 24 hours to be delivered from HonourBuy. That's ridiculously fast!
    Initial thoughts as the phone is still being setup;
    It's nice and fast.
    Feels great in the hand. Heavier than my "old" Nokia 7 Plus.
    The full screen looks amazing. I've enabled gestures so the apps are completely full screen.

I'm going to try Miui for now but I plan to use Nova launcher to get the stock feel.
    In time I'll unlock the bootloader and try some ROMS assuming I can still use NFC.

Just setting up my 9T now. Took less than 24 hours to be delivered from HonourBuy. That's ridiculously fast!
    Initial thoughts as the phone is still being setup;
    It's nice and fast.
    Feels great in the hand. Heavier than my "old" Nokia 7 Plus.
    The full screen looks amazing. I've enabled gestures so the apps are completely full screen.

I'm going to try Miui for now but I plan to use Nova launcher to get the stock feel.
    In time I'll unlock the bootloader and try some ROMS assuming I can still use NFC.

That's great that you got it so quick , will defo go wiht honorbuy when i pull the trigger

That's great that you got it so quick , will defo go wiht honorbuy when i pull the trigger

I ordered yesterday afternoon and got a message from dhl today that it would be delivered tomorrow

Just be aware that this delivery will likely cost about 30 quid.
    It is insanely fast though.

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Just be aware that this delivery will likely cost about 30 quid.
    It is insanely fast though.

Total products: €318.49
    Total shipping: €23.00

Total: €341.49

Thats what its giving me for the 128GB in Black

Just ordered this minute so will keep ye posted on delivery! Thanks for all the info lads n lassies

Never realised this when I bought it but it has dual sims!

I use google keep all the time,but on the mi 9t i get the notifications on the top of the screen for reminders as per usual,but i cant for the life of me get the notification sound,i have tried everything settings.any have any suggestions?

• Advertisement

Just ordered this minute so will keep ye posted on delivery! Thanks for all the info lads n lassies

2019-08-15 04:38:18 Preparation in EU Warehouse

Nothing updated on my order since above.
    I ordered the 128Gb and a screen protector

Email from Honorbuy to say it's shipped with a tracking number that doesnt load on DHL's site yet. Probably be a couple days

Updated at 2pm and appeared on DHL tracking as being in ITALY.

Got a text just now saying delivery by tomorrow evening.

Arrived first thing this morning, delivered to DHL box and handy enough pick up. I think the delay (if you'd call it a delay) was i used Paypal and it probably took a day or two to clear funds.

Would defo order off honorbuy again!

Initial impressions of phone, i like it !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭biebiebie

https://twitter.com/rquandt/status/1163771044714426370?s=19

Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro just officialley went on sale in Germany. First 3000 units selling for 399,90 Euro on Amazon, 449 after that: https://t.co/Orz6fIUNdV

I think this will be a Christmas phone for me. Should have come down a bit in price by then hopefully.
    If not, I'll just get the 9T

• Advertisement

Anyone able to tap & pay with Google Pay?
    I've been refused in all tills I've tried. Google Pay worked fine in my last phone.
    Is there anything I need to setup?
    I've NFC turned on & my default card is setup in the Google Pay app.

I've been refused in all tills I've tried. Google Pay worked fine in my last phone.

Oddly enough i tried to use it in the canteen at lunch and didnt beep. I hadn't google pay open, maybe im missing a setting or something.

I've installed Nova Launcher as the set up out the box was a bit meh with the multi screens and no app drawer

Great phone, fast and lovely screen on the apps using full screen, camera is great quality

https://c.mi.com/thread-2123080-1-0.html

ive done this...

Nice one. Just set it. Will try it again tonight or tomorrow.

That's fixed my issue. Tried it in Tesco and worked perfectly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement