Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Snap,Frost,Ice,Snow Showers - Saturday December 14th -16th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,500 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Tell your boss you are snowed in :)

Say it's life and death and you'll have to let some of the children go ;)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,159 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Nothing in Castlebar, apparently Achill got a bit of a dusting though going by pics I saw from last night

Is no one awake in Limerick at 9 in the morning? It's snowing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭73bc61lyohr0mu

I'm looking out the window here near the Dock Road in Limerick city and I don't see any snow..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,765 ✭✭✭Comhrá

It's raining - as usual.

• Advertisement

Snooze you lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Strangegravy

Rain in Limerick unfortunately - east of the city

:(

Is it like Angela's Ashes?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Just reading through the posts and Kermie, go to bed, youv'e had a long night ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Strangegravy

:(

Is it like Angela's Ashes?

Even more depressing...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Nothing outside the dwelling - then I went to the gate and the whole horizon is ringed with white mountains. Very atmospheric.. alas my camera has lost battery power and cannot get it to recharge..... Ah well...there are times when having no money....

Right so, i'm taking Rock Lesnar's advice and taking my leave now.

Ah well, plenty of opportunities ahead :)

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Leonita

I'm looking out the window here near the Dock Road in Limerick city and I don't see any snow..

Same here not a flake of snow or drop of rain in sight. Near city centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Currently 0.4c in Arklow
    Dew point -2c
    A lot of ice
    Sugar coated nearby hills
    Lugnaquilla and Croghan moira plastered

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭ltdslipdiff

Rain in Waterford County unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

I think it's clear that the coloured radar that Kermit showed is not that useful in pinpointing snow. It's very elevation-dependent, with reports from low levels all saying rain when the radar said snow.

Kerry Airport is reporting light rain from that blob on the radar, temp/dp 2/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Important to remember unfortunately with the rise iof automatic weather stations, and the marginal type snow we get in this country- rain will often be observe when is infact a wintry mix.

Scanning through roadside webcams, a scattered dusting on the grass is apparent in the west and north of country .
    Snow looks thickest around Knock.

The northern portion of this precip moving north could turn to snow later today.

I think it's clear that the coloured radar that Kermit showed is not that useful in pinpointing snow. It's very elevation-dependent, with reports from low levels all saying rain when the radar said snow.

Kerry Airport is reporting light rain from that blob on the radar, temp/dp 2/1.

I never used the radar :eek: I used current obs for the region. If you look at the time of my post containing the radar image...

:cool:

I never used the radar :eek: I used current obs for the region. If you look at the time of my post containing the radar image...

:cool:

But which obs? People in Limerick said it was raining. I've not seen any snow reports from that area for that time.

Important to remember unfortunately with the rise iof automatic weather stations, and the marginal type snow we get in this country- rain will often be observe when is infact a wintry mix.

Scanning through roadside webcams, a scattered dusting on the grass is apparent in the west and north of country .
    Snow looks thickest around Knock.

The northern portion of this precip moving north could turn to snow later today.

Aye
    Ballyvourney just outside macroom on the Cork Killarney road has had snow

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Heavy showers of sleet /rain here near Tralee overnight and this morning with 6.2mm recorded so far.

2.5C

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Snizzle in Durrow. 1.4c/-0.1cDP

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Rain in Galway typical after all the forecasts of snow temp 5.6 degrees

• Registered Users Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Light shower of Snow at knock @11am. Temp 0,dew point -1

• Registered Users Posts: 19,768 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

No, what would you want to get out of a warm bed for, it's chilly?

East Clare, after the coffee sorted. One of the most desperate snow photos I have ever lowered myself to take, but 4 pages of photoless pages calls for desperate measures.

desp-snow-2019.jpg

Happy, now I'm finally up?

Moderate sleety rain in Arklow despite an air temp of 1 Celsius and a few point of almost minus 2 Celsius

Davis console attached

Dp of -1.7c rounded up to -1c

As I type,a lot of flakes in it

Light shower of Snow at knock @11am. Temp 0,dew point -1

An even 1-cm covering of lying snow being reported there. Exact temp/dp -0.3/-0.6 °C, station pressure 962 hPa.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭pnpweirdo

Also east clare and not a single snow flake

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭anacc

Heavy rain/sleet falling here near Kinsale now. Just saw a very faint flash in the sky to the south as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Hoodie88

Rain in Cork city, Wilton at the moment...

Advertisement