Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread V2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Irishder

Actually if anyone wants a steam code for devil may cry 5 and resident evil 2 make me an offer. Think you need to have an rx570 or 580 in your system

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭yoshiktk

Irishder wrote: »
    Bought one off of overclockers last week delivered in 3 days. Got two free games as well for 184 sterling delivered

Unfortunately he needs the card for tomorrow. Ebay seller messed up the order, card went to wrong address in different country...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

yoshiktk wrote: »
    Is there a PC store in Dublin with normal prices which have stock on the spot? A friend of mine is looking for a last minute gift, a RX580.
    yoshiktk wrote: »
    Unfortunately he needs the card for tomorrow. Ebay seller messed up the order, card went to wrong address in different country...

Your only way of finding one in Ireland will be on Adverts.ie
    https://www.adverts.ie/for-sale/computers/desktop-hardware/494/q_rx+580/county-Dublin/

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭yoshiktk

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Your only way of finding one in Ireland will be on Adverts.ie
    https://www.adverts.ie/for-sale/computers/desktop-hardware/494/q_rx+580/county-Dublin/

Good luck!

Thanks. He won't be to happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭L

Looks like it's primarily aimed at laptops. Interesting all the same.

My suspicion is that that'll just be the start. Mobile devices are the low hanging fruit when it comes to mixing and matching. Long-term, I expect this to show up in desktop architectures from Intel as a direct 'our package is better' answer to Ryzen's design.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Anyone seen 8700k's going anyway cheap recently?

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Anyone seen 8700k's going anyway cheap recently?

As per Geizhals price history, they've only been going up in price since August/September
    https://geizhals.eu/intel-core-i7-8700k-bx80684i78700k-a1685281.html
    https://geizhals.eu/intel-core-i7-8700k-cm8068403358220-a1699932.html

If you're looking to upgrade, check with your motherboard vendor if it supports i5-9600K / i7-9700K

K.O.Kiki wrote:
    If you're looking to upgrade, check with your motherboard vendor if it supports i5-9600K / i7-9700K

I'll be getting a new motherboard and ram too. I'll probably just splash out on the current price on either 8700k or 9700k. I'm upgrading from a 3570k and hope for it to last me another 5 years like my faithful 3570k did :)

I'll be getting a new motherboard and ram too. I'll probably just splash out on the current price on either 8700k or 9700k. I'm upgrading from a 3570k and hope for it to last me another 5 years like my faithful 3570k did :)

Why not get a Ryzen 2600/2700 instead?

That socket is good for another 2 years at least (i.e. Ryzen 3000-series will slot right in) and tbh you're better off spending on a good GPU than worrying about your CPU these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,907 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I got a 300 euro One4All voucher. I fecking hate them

You use to beable to convert them to use on Amazon but I think that's gone now

argggg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I shop in supervalu for groceries. They take one4all. I just put away the value in the voucher in cash and use the voucher for the weekly shopping.

We get them in work to be tax efficent so there great in that sense but yeah,it was handy when you could convert to amazon.

K.O.Kiki wrote:
    That socket is good for another 2 years at least (i.e. Ryzen 3000-series will slot right in) and tbh you're better off spending on a good GPU than worrying about your CPU these days.

I'm still undecided really, but am a little bit of an Intel fanboy.

I have a 1080Ti so I'm good in the gpu department but the 3570k is currently bottlenecking me hence why I'm currently looking to upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 DarkPassenger

Headshot wrote: »
    I got a 300 euro One4All voucher. I fecking hate them

You use to beable to convert them to use on Amazon but I think that's gone now

argggg

Vplusprepaid let's you convert it to MasterCard, they take a few quid of course

Vplusprepaid let's you convert it to MasterCard, they take a few quid of course

ohhhh that is interesting. Ill have to investigate that

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

EoinHef wrote: »
    I shop in supervalu for groceries. They take one4all. I just put away the value in the voucher in cash and use the voucher for the weekly shopping.

We get them in work to be tax efficent so there great in that sense but yeah,it was handy when you could convert to amazon.

Agreed, use them for the weekly shop, and spend the cash saved on tech goodness, that's what I do. Shame they are capped at €500 a year tax free :( It used to be soo much better many moons ago.

Guys what's the last day of an post delivering post?

I'm still undecided really, but am a little bit of an Intel fanboy.

I have a 1080Ti so I'm good in the gpu department but the 3570k is currently bottlenecking me hence why I'm currently looking to upgrade.
    What screen you got/going to get?

https://www.anpost.com/Post-Parcels/Sending/Christmas-2018/christmas-2018-postal-dates

Up until Monday December 24th, then again on 28th;

https://www.anpost.com/Post-Parcels/Sending/Christmas-2018/christmas-2018-delivery-collection-dates

Ah ok, Intel seems like it's for you then.

Unless you want to wait it out until CES (January 8th-12th) to see what metrics/release date AMD 3000 brings.

• Advertisement

Just ordered the 9700k, Asus ROG Strix Z390 & Corsair Vengeance DD4 using my Christmas mun :D Was up 'till 5am this morning trying to decide what to go for, was nearly gone nuts :pac:

Seriously can't wait for it to arrive now. Going to be a massive jump from my 2013 3570k DDR3 setup :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭tadcan

The 1% of gaming rigs from LTT, well an attempt at least. And a Russian competes for bad jokes with Linus. https://youtu.be/sCfmM71NOTo

tadcan wrote: »
    The 1% of gaming rigs from LTT, well an attempt at least. And a Russian competes for bad jokes with Linus.

It ended up ONLY being a 2%-er :rolleyes: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭SickBoy

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    It ended up ONLY being a 2%-er :rolleyes: :pac:

Jeeessseeee!
    Spoiler alert!!!!!

:)

Anyone try Nvidia OC scanner for pascal cards yet? MSI Afterburner's latest beta includes it.

Have a decent OC on my 1080 already but id be interested to see what sort of clocks,voltage,temps the OC scanner would push. Gonna try it next time i can get on the PC

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Just tried it on my Gaming X 1080, average OC its said was 97Mhz and the dominant limiter is power. I've had 100Mhz manually applied to mine with no issues since I bought it. Never bothered going higher.

Testing it added 113Mhz with temps around mid 70s.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭SickBoy

EoinHef wrote: »
    Anyone try Nvidia OC scanner for pascal cards yet? MSI Afterburner's latest beta includes it.

Have a decent OC on my 1080 already but id be interested to see what sort of clocks,voltage,temps the OC scanner would push. Gonna try it next time i can get on the PC

I haven't looked into this yet but wondering does this work well with 1070ti cards.
    Something to do with clocks locked on 1070ti cards to 1070 card levels unless you run something from the manufacturer to unlock...

SickBoy wrote: »
    I haven't looked into this yet but wondering does this work well with 1070ti cards.
    Something to do with clocks locked on 1070ti cards to 1070 card levels unless you run something from the manufacturer to unlock...

Dont know. Didnt hear anything about that happening.

It is still in beta though so maybe just avoid it till full release.

I'm a spanner who's been running his CPU/RAM at stock for the past month lol

• Advertisement

steam store must be getting hammered at the moment

Trying to buy a game and getting:

'There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance.'

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement