Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread V2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

ED E wrote: »
    Courier?
    Dcully wrote: »
    Same story for me last week with my black friday hardware orders, an post the culprits.
    WHat monitor did you go for? enjoy!

Im still impressed every time i use my Dell 1440 144hz gsync monitor.

MSI Optix MAG27CQ

Curved VA Panel which should hopefully not ghost too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

The 1070's installed! Doom runs without breaking a sweat maxed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

Quick fyi, if anyone is ordering the 550w refurb PSU on Scan.co.uk, it doesn't come with a power lead. Got on to customer service and they are posting one out but it's a bit of a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

will56 wrote: »
    Quick fyi, if anyone is ordering the 550w refurb PSU on Scan.co.uk, it doesn't come with a power lead. Got on to customer service and they are posting one out but it's a bit of a pain.

Just a generic plug anyway, Do you have any laying around?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

Just a generic plug anyway, Do you have any laying around?

Had to "borrow" one to get it up and running

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Starting to lose faith in Logitech. Nearly all my peripherals are logitech and out of the 7 ive bought 2 have broken while in warranty and replaced and now a 3rd,G910 Orion Spectrum,broke 2 weeks before end of warranty.

I reported it to logitech 3 days after the warranty ended due to being manic in work and they are giving me the run around,twice telling me to use their site resources ie a community forum where theres barely any responses to any problems people are having. Thread upon thread with people getting no help.

Not sure i want to keep buying from a company whose products keep dying so quickly. Gonna put the foot down in the morning to force the issue. If they dont offer some better help that will be me done with them. Shame as i love their gear,just not its reliability.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

EoinHef wrote: »
    Starting to lose faith in Logitech. Nearly all my peripherals are logitech and out of the 7 ive bought 2 have broken while in warranty and replaced and now a 3rd,G910 Orion Spectrum,broke 2 weeks before end of warranty.

I reported it to logitech 3 days after the warranty ended due to being manic in work and they are giving me the run around,twice telling me to use their site resources ie a community forum where theres barely any responses to any problems people are having. Thread upon thread with people getting no help.

Not sure i want to keep buying from a company whose products keep dying so quickly. Gonna put the foot down in the morning to force the issue. If they dont offer some better help that will be me done with them. Shame as i love their gear,just not its reliability.

I had a problem years back with a Logitech mouse. I couldn't remember when I bought it and I lost the receipt so I just said it was 18 months old to support. They sent me out a new one.

Only issue I had was the feet on the keyboard breaking. Only Logitech piece of kit I have also. Great keyboard though K270. Batteries last forever literally have never needed to changed it in 2 years, actually think the battery might last longer than the keyboard. Emailed support and got 0 response.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Ah here, I just spent €200 on a G29! :o

Ah here, I just spent €200 on a G29! :o

Think Amazon warehouse have or had them for half that price. Minor cosmetic marks, But other than that good as new. Return?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Any time I've had an issue with Logitech they've sorted me out without having to even supply a receipt.

Reported a high pitch whine in my G930, and said they'd send out a new one.
    Then rang them up a week later to confirm that my G700 mouse was also causing me an issue and to confirm that the headset has been replaced.

Ended up getting a G700 and 2 x G930 headsets in the post!
    I'm pretty much using only Logitech peripherals.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,902 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Guys are software for finding missing drivers such as driver booster reliable?
    https://www.lifewire.com/free-driver-updater-tools-2619206

Headshot wrote: »
    Guys are software for finding missing drivers such as driver booster reliable?
    https://www.lifewire.com/free-driver-updater-tools-2619206

Just bloatware. Most if not all drivers can be downloaded by windows update. If not then the driver can be downloaded manually or through its own update facility. The likes of Nvidia cards will download drivers periodically, which can be turned off to manual also. Most printers have a driver update facility.

A web search on the driver and manually download from a secure source where you can see if it is genuine is better imo, more work less headaches.

Will have to be getting a new mouse soon. DPI button stopped working and left clicking is double left clicking instead, just out of warranty. Not sure if its just dirt underneath the button, anyone ever had this happen on a mouse and come across a fix?

Was thinking if there is a freeware program that can intercept the fast double click and output just the one click, that'd be great. Tide me over till I can get a new mouse.

Most times I click a window to drag it maximises, that's how fast it will double click. The windows setting is for a slower threshold, still allows the fast click through.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Will have to be getting a new mouse soon. DPI button stopped working and left clicking is double left clicking instead, just out of warranty. Not sure if its just dirt underneath the button, anyone ever had this happen on a mouse and come across a fix?

Was thinking if there is a freeware program that can intercept the fast double click and output just the one click, that'd be great. Tide me over till I can get a new mouse.

Most times I click a window to drag it maximises, that's how fast it will double click. The windows setting is for a slower threshold, still allows the fast click through.
    Nah just replace it. Software won't fix that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Next time someone looks for help with a new build I found the perfect RAM for then really cheap too.

b53d3bcb-07eb-49ea-9f84-09e91d36d759.jpg

https://hexus.net/tech/reviews/ram/125192-gskill-trident-z-royal-16gb-ddr4-3200-f4-3200c16d-16gtrg/

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I like it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I like it

Are you a Saudi Prince by any chance?

To be fair it looks better in the in case shots when lit up than it does out of the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Cant remember where but i recently saw a set of dummy sticks for sale that were just the heat spreader with rgb,no actual ram modules.

There made for slots 2 and 4 if you plan to only fill 1 and 3 with actaul ram.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭super_sweeney

Next time someone looks for help with a new build I found the perfect RAM for then really cheap too.

b53d3bcb-07eb-49ea-9f84-09e91d36d759.jpg

https://hexus.net/tech/reviews/ram/125192-gskill-trident-z-royal-16gb-ddr4-3200-f4-3200c16d-16gtrg/

My eyes!!!!! it burns!!! lol!

just imagine that with rgb :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭yoshiktk

EoinHef wrote: »
    Cant remember where but i recently saw a set of dummy sticks for sale that were just the heat spreader with rgb,no actual ram modules.

There made for slots 2 and 4 if you plan to only fill 1 and 3 with actaul ram.

Corsair RGB Light Kit
    For someone with OCD not a bad idea. The gold one on the other hand.... For me it looks like a "plastic" tracksuit from 80's

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

Noticed today that a lot of pc monitors on Amazon, majority won't dispatch to Ireland? And they are sold and dispatched by amazon

Edit: just checked some more stuff, echo dot also now showing won't dispatch to Ireland, it seems a big change has occurred, all sorts of tech stuff sold and dispatched by Amazon show won't deliver to Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

Scratch that, somebody must of pressed a wrong button, seems reverted now

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭L

Intel's new Ryzen competitor has been announced.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

L wrote: »
    Intel's new Ryzen competitor has been announced.

Looks like it's primarily aimed at laptops. Interesting all the same.
    The 10nm part will contain both a Sunny Cove high power core, and four Atom cores, in a style that is familiar from modern ARM processors: light workloads will be able to use the low power Atom cores, but the Sunny Cove can be powered up for more computationally expensive tasks. This chip will be aimed at ultra-mobile systems with the processor measuring 12×12×1mm and having a standby power of 2mW.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭yoshiktk

Is there a PC store in Dublin with normal prices which have stock on the spot? A friend of mine is looking for a last minute gift, a RX580.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Nibs05

Seen a i7 3770k going for €120, is there much of performance difference from a 2500k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Nibs05 wrote: »
    Seen a i7 3770k going for €120, is there much of performance difference from a 2500k

In the latest games, massive.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Looks like it's primarily aimed at laptops. Interesting all the same.

Can windows scheduler even do anything with that? At the moment, Windows just picks a free thread for the task and the firmware/board ramps up the core as needed right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Irishder

yoshiktk wrote: »
    Is there a PC store in Dublin with normal prices which have stock on the spot? A friend of mine is looking for a last minute gift, a RX580.
    Bought one off of overclockers last week delivered in 3 days. Got two free games as well for 184 sterling delivered

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement