Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Went to the local park over the weekend. Was nice as it was cool but not quite at the point where it was uncomfortable. Sat at my usual spot and cracked my book (well, Kindle out). Ironically enough, I was reading about the exact same thing in the exact same place as I was when lockdown started in March 2020.

The subject was Henry VII trying to negotiate the marriage of his son to Catherine or Aragon if anyone's interested.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Kivaro wrote: »
    The thing, which is certainly not a trivial thing, that made me happy today was hearing the news of our elderly citizens getting vaccination appointments all around the country for Thursday and Friday of this week. These are the people in complete lockdown for the last year and finally getting an opportunity to start dreaming of a real life again. These are the people who also laid the groundwork for the transformation of Ireland into a first world country, so they should be cherished and protected.

I completely agree.
    But as a healthy retiree in my late sixties I am happy to wait for my vaccine until all the special needs teachers and SNAs are brought up the list. Schools would be so much safer if all staff were vaccinated.
    I am lucky that I can enjoy the 5 kms around me and shop very carefully or online. I can keep apart from people and talk to my family from a distance.

Retail people, parents of vunerable children, carers are welcome to be ahead of me in the list.
    There are probably thousands of older healthy like me who can survive another few months and allow more needy people get on with their lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,446 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Listening to the NI women's soccer team bluffing his way after a 6--0 loss to England.
    We played against Norway and lost 6-0, had a great reaction in the return game which we also lost 6-0 . ?
    Bluffer !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭barbara anne

My online dating messaging is bombarded with twenty something neckbeard gamers lol.

One of them is smitten with me. Thinks he's in love after two messages even though I told him at forty eight I'm not interested and old enough to be his mother. Amusing lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I have two and a half deadlines on the go currently, the overdue one was accepted without the most time-consuming edits having to be done,
    the one due midweek has been pushed out for a week!!!

I know it's kicking the can down the road but I feel so liberated now.

A long long shower and walk my immediate future.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement

Stupidly gave myself a break from my no sugar diet while I was in the midlands in the summer, was giving out to myself about it as I have to start again now.

It was really really bothered me, as my blood due soon and I hate those with the endless doom and gloom (tho my sugars have always been normal tg)

Had a peep and found that I have months and months longer than I thought to my blood tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Hearing my cat's little snores. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭barbara anne

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Hearing my cat's little snores. :D

Oh how lovely. Mammy would never allow us pets and I never got round to getting one later on but I always wanted a kitten. Never thought of them having little snores : )

• Registered Users Posts: 40,179 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Oh how lovely. Mammy would never allow us pets and I never got round to getting one later on but I always wanted a kitten. Never thought of them having little snores : )

• Registered Users Posts: 21,837 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

The sun is shining , it's a beautiful day plus I got to see two of my grandaughters earlier this morning :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

It's even funnier if you get a microphone!

:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭No again Danni

Yellow Roses and a trip to Dealz :p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,028 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

It's Friday. This has been one of my busiest weeks at work and I'm off today after a meeting was cancelled and I have switched off now for the weekend.
    Enjoying some February sun.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Baby (and by default, me) slept until 10am :D

Had a lovely walk just now and met so many peoole out walking with their dogs, kids, babies, some picking up rubbish etc. Stopped and had socially distanced chats. Was so lovely to just reconnect with human beings and have a random chat with strangers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Week one done in school! Such a lovely week with my little kiddies :D but I am very glad for the weekend, I forgot how tiring it is.

KatW4 wrote: »
    Week one done in school! Such a lovely week with my little kiddies :D but I am very glad for the weekend, I forgot how tiring it is.

A gin and tonic is the perfect start to a weekend.....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Archeron

For the first time in probably about a year, I opened the home page on boards and not a single one of the most recent posts were in the corona forum. Small moments :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Watching a rerun of Still Game. Love the characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,961 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I don't drive, so I have to carry everything I buy at the shops, and that means I rarely buy alcohol. I treated myself to a bottle of whiskey over the holidays, but I hadn't had a beer for at least a year ... until this weekend, when I relented and got four cans of reasonably decent Pilsner in. Very nice after a bit of house work.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭4Ad

Did a run in my sleveless running vest, and I was too hot !!
    Beautiful day in East Clare..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,246 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Birdsong, sunshine, dog sleeping in the sunshine and just enjoying this beautiful weather :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,351 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I decided to try duck breasts for the first time ever, currently sitting in the oven after a quick pan fry. Smells delicious, here's hoping it tastes delicious!

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Night owl gal

Being a mod on a Facebook group :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I heard a Russian poet/short story writer (Daniil Kharms) mentioned on the podcast I was listening to recently so I checked him out, and reading his quirky, absurd little stories has been putting a smile of my face. Look!! --> :D

Here's an example:

Symphony no. 2
    Anton Mikhailovich spat, said "yuck", spat again, said "yuck" again, spat again, said "yuck" again and left. To Hell with him. Instead, let me tell about Ilya Pavlovich.

Ilya Pavlovich was born in 1893 in Constantinople. When he was still a boy, they moved to St. Petersburg, and there he graduated from the German School on Kirchnaya Street. Then he worked in some shop; then he did something else; and when the Revolution began, he emigrated. Well, to Hell with him. Instead, let me tell about Anna Ignatievna.

But it is not so easy to tell about Anna Ignatievna. Firstly, I know almost nothing about her, and secondly, I have just fallen of my chair, and have forgotten what I was about to say. So let me instead tell about myself.

I am tall, fairly intelligent; I dress prudently and tastefully; I don't drink, I don't bet on horses, but I like ladies. And ladies don't mind me. They like when I go out with them. Serafima Izmaylovna have invited me home several times, and Zinaida Yakovlevna also said that she was always glad to see me. But I was involved in a funny incident with Marina Petrovna, which I would like to tell about. A quite ordinary thing, but rather amusing. Because of me, Marina Petrovna lost all her hair - got bald like a baby's bottom. It happened like this: Once I went over to visit Marina Petrovna, and bang! she lost all her hair. And that was that.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭No again Danni

They were interviewing kids on the radio asking them what they are most excited about going back to school today and two of them said 'ehhh maths.' Yea right :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I overheard two men meeting each other on the street. How are you doing? one said. ****ing ****e says yer man. Well I had to admire his honesty :D

My neighbour's dog slipped his lead in a park close to a busy road, she was in a state and spent all morning running between the house and the park.
    when she got back, the dog had already let himself in through the dog flap and was had eaten his breakfast. Needless to say, they were both thrilled.

Dog had to cross at least three roads and walk unmolested across two green stretches and that doesn't even count the potential dangers on the paths.

TH they both ok and its still a safe area for dogs who get out on their own.

That weather is just gorgeous.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

Waking up every morning makes me happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Teaching my 11 year old kid to play poker on an online app and seeing him scorch some adult with pocket rockets, with a straight.

Advertisement