Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

blade1 wrote: »
    Pineapple on pizza definitely!
    I remember going to a chipper with a friend and he'd asked if he could have pineapple on his quarter pounder.
    The guy behind the counter goes " are you out of your mind?". :pac:

There was a chipper here that used put pineapple on its burger and call it a "Ringo Burger"....this was 20-25 years ago... thanks for reviving the nightmare :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,066 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I sometimes ask for tuna mayo and pineapple in a brown bread sandwich at delis.
    Haven't got a funny look yet.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Autosport wrote: »
    :eek: I have never thought of that

Adds to list :)

Pineapple on pizza
    Pineapple on burger :)

Somebody on here puts it on their chicken fillet roll.

dubstarr wrote: »
    Somebody on here puts it on their chicken fillet roll.

It's no wonder people are leaving boards with all these satanic practises afoot

• Registered Users Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭Be right back

While on a walk, I spotted a bee struggling to fly on the road. Fished it up with a twig and put it on wild flowers in the hedge. Checked it a little while later to see it head first inside the flower. It's the little things!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Don't forget pineapple jam on toast.
    Pineapple,low in fat and cholesterol and good source of vitamin C.
    What's not to love :)

Can you still get pineapple jam? I used to love it as as kid but I can't say I see it around.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,182 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Seamai wrote: »
    Can you still get pineapple jam? I used to love it as as kid but I can't say I see it around.

Easily made. :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

My TH is when you take a sip from your cuppa and what you're drinking is at the perfect temperature for you, warm enough to feel it heat up your stomach, but not too hot to the point where you hurt yourself drinking it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I bought a 2.99 book in Aldi for my neighbour's little girl. The squeals of delight when she saw it was priceless. She's only three.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I sometimes ask for tuna mayo and pineapple in a brown bread sandwich at delis. Haven't got a funny look yet.

Just a case of don't make unnecessary contact & get this mad one out of here ASAP.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Th seeing a black and white cat on the shed roof this morning :3

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

While on a walk, I spotted a bee struggling to fly on the road. Fished it up with a twig and put it on wild flowers in the hedge. Checked it a little while later to see it head first inside the flower. It's the little things!

I find I'm intrigued by nature these times, as the pace of life has changed so much. And some creatures like squirrels and birds seem to have become much braver about being near people.

Someone is cutting grass here, in the estate, the smell of fresh cut grass is a TH of mine.

First cup of coffee in the morning.Always the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,298 ✭✭✭✭branie2

A cheeseburger for dinner later on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Been in a really bad place for over a week. Feeling "ok" now. Not great, just ok but it's good.

Been in a really bad place for over a week. Feeling "ok" now. Not great, just ok but it's good.

Good for you, hang on in there (sincerely)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I sometimes ask for tuna mayo and pineapple in a brown bread sandwich at delis.
    Haven't got a funny look yet.

I used to go to Spar and get a deli roll with prawn cocktail and pineapple cubes

Salad roll of the gods!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Gorgeous day. Sat in the garden for 3 hours reading.

Then later, I sat out with my boyfriend, we had pizza and some drinks and we watched the cat and the puppy kill each other for fun. Lovely evening :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,228 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

in dunnes this morning the checkout operator asked if i had any vouchers. when i said no she told me she had one i could use. I was expecting a euro or 2 off. A tenner off my shopping was a nice bonus.

in dunnes this morning the checkout operator asked if i had any vouchers. when i said no she told me she had one i could use. I was expecting a euro or 2 off. A tenner off my shopping was a nice bonus.

This is common practice in my local Dunnes
    Spend a few quid.. do you have a voucher?
    no..I don't
    I have aVoucher here...€10 off.
    Leave them keep your receipt... esp if your shop was over €40 as the receipt has a tenner off on it...and they can pass it onto the next customer, and so on and so forth....it's a very nice gesture

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Using Spotify for the first time and creating a new series of Forgotten '80s playlists. Am pleasantly surprised that a sizeable percentage of the radio edits and single versions I need are present and correct.

mikemac2 wrote: »
    I used to go to Spar and get a deli roll with prawn cocktail and pineapple cubes

Salad roll of the gods!

I like your style!

I say this every year but when my lilac tree flowers, it's heaven for me. Currently they are opening here.
    The lilac flower is the nicest smell in the world for me especially if it's wet with rain.
    Pity they only last less than a month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Easily made. :)

You're right, I should, Aldi have pineapples on offer at the moment, what's stopping me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Oliver! On TV today. Love this musical. First one I performed in too (15 years ago ahhh).

Baking chorizo and apple sausage rolls for the first time, over stuffing them with the sausage mixture, so they’re “not quite up to standard” expected, and having to eat them all by myself.....

Over a few days, honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,481 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I got a slice of bread. I broke it up a bit. I sprinkled it at the far end of my garden.

Then I sat on the seat I have in my garden to watch. Sparrows, starlings (loads of them!), crows and jackdaws. I was impressed by the starlings....:D

Watching Chris Hemsworth as Thor.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

1. I knew I had a large can of WD40 somewhere in the house, I couldn't remember where I put it, but thankfully it didn't take me long to find it.
    2. I dismantled all the squeaky door handles in the house, I liberally applied WD40 to the springs, and now... no more squeaks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 dolly darling

TH that old things can lead to new adventures

Gave one of my neighbours an old kids bike two weeks ago. She has been telling me that her little one has been practicing every day at home. Today, he wobbled by my house with his happy Mum shouting "Look at me dolly"! He looked beyond adorable with his/my old bike and new helmet.

Advertisement