Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Just spent my evening trying to make my family tree. I got it as far back as 1821 on one side of my family. Now to fill in the rest.

I also spent hours looking through old photos my mam has of my dad, who passed away when I was 11 and of my Granny. Love old photos!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    I forgot my shopping list today but surprisingly enough I remembered everything that was on it.

Did you remember the Barry's teabags?

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 dolly darling

TH that little moments can lead to lasting memories

I never thought I’d be spending a Saturday night organising a Zoom meeting where Granny demonstrated how to bake brown bread to her clutch of grandkiddies. Lots of giggles throughout as she doesn’t do measurements … everything is a fist of this, a pinch of that, etc. God only knows what the bread tasted like but it was a memorable (& messy) night.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

TH that little moments can lead to lasting memories

I never thought I’d be spending a Saturday night organising a Zoom meeting where Granny demonstrated how to bake brown bread to her clutch of grandkiddies. Lots of giggles throughout as she doesn’t do measurements … everything is a fist of this, a pinch of that, etc. God only knows what the bread tasted like but it was a memorable (& messy) night.

Im in awe of older women and the way they just measure by eye.

Im in awe of anyone who can make bread, come to think of it.

TH the sun is shining

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

The sun is shining and no threat of rain or wind.

• Advertisement

Two AIMS nominations for our Musical Society! Delighted because I was sure we wouldn't get anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,170 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

KatW4 wrote: »
    Two AIMS nominations for our Musical Society! Delighted because I was sure we wouldn't get anything!

*does jazzhands*

• Registered Users Posts: 13,020 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

That'll be online this year?

To thine own self be true

I was just described as "very bright but quarrelsome". As an optimist I just ignore the last bit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,020 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Stabbing the plastic film on a ready meal :)

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭A Consonant Please Carol

Listening to my daughter on the monitor. She's approaching three and absolutely hilarious :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭A Consonant Please Carol

When you find a new killer playlist on Spotify. :)

That'll be online this year?

Not too sure what's happening yet. I know the weekend in June was postponed to another date in September! It that can't go ahead, I think it'll be online :)

TH - candles. I just love them!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Walkies this morning brought lots of THs my way. Beautiful birdsong throughout and an unplanned cuppa & chat with my neighbour over his garden gate. He tells me that there is a possibility that the hairdressers could reopen earlier than planned. Rapunzel here is very TH to hear this!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

This thread and others for keeping my spirits up the last few days.I was feeling down.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,346 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I saw a video online from a local hairdresser demonstrating the correct way you should dry your hair. I know I should probably be embarrassed that I clearly didn't know how to correctly dry my hair up until this point but I'm so happy with how my hair turned out after giving it a go last night, that I don't care. I think the GHD may be made redundant, not a frizz in sight.

I saw a video online from a local hairdresser demonstrating the correct way you should dry your hair. I know I should probably be embarrassed that I clearly didn't know how to correctly dry my hair up until this point but I'm so happy with how my hair turned out after giving it a go last night, that I don't care. I think the GHD may be made redundant, not a frizz in sight.

By blowing along the hair shaft while pulling gently with the brush? Thats how they always dried mine but I found it hard to do.
    Woud like to see that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,720 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

I went for my usual walk this morning (quick 15 minutes around the estate) and about 5 minutes into it, felt a brushing against the bottom of my jeans. It was our cat who then walked beside me for the rest of it. When we got back to the front door of the house, the sun had come out so she started rolling around on her back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

By blowing along the hair shaft while pulling gently with the brush? Thats how they always dried mine but I found it hard to do.
    Woud like to see that!

Persevere. I used to wind myself in knots doing this, but sit in front of a mirror, section your hair, like they do in the hairdressers, use a round barrel brush. It's awkward doing the back, but practice!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

No deaths from COVID-19 reported today

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Much more trivial than that ^^^, but these make me happy. :)
    Saudades wrote: »
    The Director of Operations for Coillte Nature is called Karen Woods? - brilliant
    There are so many hilarious surnames, I once heard of a boat engine sales man called Flood and a solicitor called Lawless. Should have a thread of its own in AH
    whyulittle wrote: »
    Birdwatch Ireland PRO is called Niall Hatch.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Today I learnt my cat's "word" for "bird". :) He only makes that sound when a bird (be it a crow or a magpie or a robin) lands in the garden.

He has a different "word" for telling me that his favourite visiting kitty has arrived for her dinner, too. :)

New Home wrote:
    Today I learnt my cat's "word" for "bird". He only makes that sound when a bird (be it a crow or a magpie or a robin) lands in the garden.

My cat does this too. It's a really strange chattering sound reserved especially for birds! So cute :D

That's what he used to do when he saw them as prey (now he's not in a fit state any more), now he makes a flat mrew-meh sound that to me means something like "Look, a befeathered interloper, quick, get him off my lawn!". :D

My cat has a special meow to let me know he's off to do a big ol poop!

He struts down the length of the house towards his litter box basically roaring "Prepare yourselves, this is gonna be a big one"!

:D Least I can be ready with the scoop! :D

Yes, "Animals can't talk" my foot. You just need to listen and to interpret. :cool: I know, I KNOW my cat called me a bitch a while back. I lifted him out of a room where he was trying to get to food that he loved but was very bad for him. I picked him up, put him outside the room and closed the door. Less than a second later, he meowed in the exact tone and for the exact length of time it'd take for a human to say "Bitch!" with a sense of disgust, too. I was in stitches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

"Covid cat chats"

Nor sure if this is my TH...or TA
    :D

Choose your answer vvveeeeeeery carefully...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

New Home wrote: »
    Choose your answer vvveeeeeeery carefully...

:D

• Advertisement

My cat does this too. It's a really strange chattering sound reserved especially for birds! So cute :D
    New Home wrote: »
    That's what he used to do when he saw them as prey (now he's not in a fit state any more), now he makes a flat mrew-meh sound that to me means something like "Look, a befeathered interloper, quick, get him off my lawn!". :D

Like this ?

Advertisement