Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,066 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Eating basil leaves straight off the plant.

To thine own self be true

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Warning!
    This is a VERY trivial TH

TH that I heard my tummy rumbling for the first time since Covid started ... let's just say I like my food!

Don't you mean your tummy was purring? seeing as you're a kitten and all ? you should change your name to happykitten :pac:

*gets coat*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Running my nail down the silver foil of a KitKat then snapping it perfectly in halve.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,021 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Dog School is reopening next week!
    Two bark/whine free days a week for the foreseeable!

Now that I think about it not a ta but a happy happy.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭gucci

Hearing the birds sing on a sunny morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Hearing Rescue 117 out on training most nights when I go up to bed. Not that I ever intend needing to be rescued but it's reassuring to know that if I did they are there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,846 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I bought solar string lights for the little picket fence in front of the hedge in the yard , lovely looking out through the kitchen window at them .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,021 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Feeling so much less suicidal/homicidal this am!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

My WiFi is back working. The cable had been eaten by a cow. I was out this afternoon trying to make my internet cow proof. Mad eejits have acres of grass, but ate the cable. Still, back in touch with the outside world. ������

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

madmaggie wrote: »
    My WiFi is back working. The cable had been eaten by a cow. I was out this afternoon trying to make my internet cow proof. Mad eejits have acres of grass, but ate the cable. Still, back in touch with the outside world. ������

Hmmm. I bet when you were in school your homework got regularly eaten by your dog, too. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,963 ✭✭✭✭bnt

While it's not nice when people get hurt, it helps if the injury is funny and the victim has a sense of humour about it. So it was with trepidation that I read about Queen guitarist Brian May getting injured in a bizarre gardening accident (!), but he's laughing about it: he's torn a muscle in his arse, essentially. :o

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

bnt wrote: »
    While it's not nice when people get hurt, it helps if the injury is funny and the victim has a sense of humour about it. So it was with trepidation that I read about Queen guitarist Brian May getting injured in a bizarre gardening accident (!), but he's laughing about it: he's torn a muscle in his arse, essentially. :o

So basically hes a pain in his hole:D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

dubstarr wrote: »
    So basically hes a pain in his hole:D

No, but a pain in the arse most definitely!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

New Home wrote: »
    Hmmm. I bet when you were in school your homework got regularly eaten by your dog, too. :pac:

How did you guess??

• Registered Users Posts: 24,562 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Brought the littl'uns out for a walk along a quiet route I knew we'd meet no one.

Was enjoying a rare moment of silence when the 5 year old says "why doesn't everyone just wash the world to get rid of the coronavirus?".

While I pondered that and how it might work...

"If everyone just brought their hose with them everywhere we could clean the coronavirus off everything"

Took a moment to think how I should be encouraging given that she was trying to find a solution...

"Well...it is a pretty genius idea".

A much-needed laugh was had

Brought the littl'uns out for a walk along a quiet route I knew we'd meet no one.

Was enjoying a rare moment of silence when the 5 year old says "why doesn't everyone just wash the world to get rid of the coronavirus?".

While I pondered that and how it might work...

"If everyone just brought their hose with them everywhere we could clean the coronavirus off everything"

Took a moment to think how I should be encouraging given that she was trying to find a solution...

"Well...it is a pretty genius idea".

A much-needed laugh was had

Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings..... who said that?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,562 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings..... who said that?

Hannibal from the A Team?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭lucalux

Lots of TH's today which is nice in itself

Bought a set of solar lights for the back yard to sit out when i can, and they were a bargain..as Mamof4 said above they're cheery to look at!

Bought a set of great value ceramic pots for potting up bedding plants and herbs and they're pretty to boot

Met new friends online who I spent all of last night chatting with on Zoom, very unlike me, but great for a change of pace from all the isolation of late

Also bought a garden hose thats gonna make my life a lot easier, and allow me to powerwash the driveway and paths.. there's something so very satisfying about seeing grime disappear in an instant

Plus my local greengrocer opened up and i was able to finally buy my Nan some of her favourite treats from there, including medjool dates, so she'll be TH when I drop them in to her tomorrow!

Lots spent but stuff I was planning for ages, and I am happy out:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I still go to the office each day. Out of 200 plus staff there are probably 10 of us in there so a ghost town.

I wouldn't say I am a "key worker", more a disposable worker :P All the top bosses work at home ha

Over the last 6 weeks we get to know more about each other, have the chats and have a croissant rota going. They are in departments I have no reason to ever email but have a bit of camaraderie going :) We will all be chatty long after this is over, well I think so anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 12,182 ✭✭✭✭blade1

A juicy ripe pineapple, yum!

And it wasn't a Keeling's :pac:

• Advertisement

To put your pineapple on a homemade pizza or not, that is the question

Wars have been started over this :eek:

For the record, I say yay & thumbs up. Pineapple on pizza is a TH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Pineapple on pizza should be punishable by a whipping

I'm about to have homemade pizza and it will most certainly have pineapple!!! Yum! Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,066 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Into the BDSM there Panda? :D

To thine own self be true

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

mikemac2 wrote: »
    To put your pineapple on a homemade pizza or not, that is the question

The answer is not :cool:

Pineapple on pizza definitely!
    I remember going to a chipper with a friend and he'd asked if he could have pineapple on his quarter pounder.
    The guy behind the counter goes " are you out of your mind?". :pac:

The answer is not :cool:

Booooooooo

The zero thanks says it all ;)

Pineapple on pizza is a TH

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Booooooooo

Ohhh boo yourself :-P

Th is seeing a video of my 2 year old niece out for a walk with her dad and she had little sun glasses on her and was all business running a bit ahead of him saying " come on daddy" she sounded really posh when she was saying it, I couldn't stop laughing, she's a little madam already and has her daddy wrapped around her little finger :3.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

blade1 wrote: »
    Pineapple on pizza definitely!
    I remember going to a chipper with a friend and he'd asked if he could have pineapple on his quarter pounder.
    The guy behind the counter goes " are you out of your mind?". :pac:

:eek: I have never thought of that

Adds to list :)

Pineapple on pizza
    Pineapple on burger :)

• Advertisement

Autosport wrote: »
    :eek: I have never thought of that

Adds to list :)

Pineapple on pizza
    Pineapple on burger :)

Don't forget pineapple jam on toast.
    Pineapple,low in fat and cholesterol and good source of vitamin C.
    What's not to love :)

Advertisement