Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tassimo UK fidelia bundle £53..incl free machine

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,927 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

MBSnr wrote: »
    Odd. I ordered about 4pm on the 17th but got an email over 24 hrs later. Looks like I won't get it until Mon though as I doubt it'll make it to NI today....

I got a reply to my query today saying they were experiencing huge demand for them :pac: and then about 20 mins later got my shipping notification.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,927 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

It's "in transit" according to Parcel Motel. Bet it gets to my locker at like 1am. I'm gonna wait up and see :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

Toots wrote: »
    It's "in transit" according to Parcel Motel. Bet it gets to my locker at like 1am. I'm gonna wait up and see :pac:

Arrived in Parcel Wizard NI today so Monday for me....:(

Do they not do weekends?

Arrived in my locker an hour ago, so I (or rather my husband) went straight out to get it :D Just tried the Costa Caramel Latte and was very pleased with it. Now I'm too wired to sleep....

200.webp#36-grid1

Do they not do weekends?

Nope unfortunately not. But they deliver to an address and as I'm over 40km from a PM location it's easier.

Looking forward to it!

If anyone is bothered, The Bosch descaling tablets for it are available in Amazon for about 7 pounds. Was doing an order so thought I'd add them.... Better value than the Tsssimo own ones on the Irish and UK Tassimo sites.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-Original-Tassimo-Descaling-Tablets/dp/B00D8AQVZ2/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1492851328&sr=8-4&keywords=bosch+descaling+tablets

(Ignore the description about washing machines as it's wrong)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭mad m

Nope unfortunately not. But they deliver to an address and as I'm over 40km from a PM location it's easier.

Looking forward to it!

If anyone is bothered, The Bosch descaling tablets for it are available in Amazon for about 7 pounds. Was doing an order so thought I'd add them.... Better value than the Tsssimo own ones on the Irish and UK Tassimo sites.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-Original-Tassimo-Descaling-Tablets/dp/B00D8AQVZ2/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1492851328&sr=8-4&keywords=bosch+descaling+tablets

(Ignore the description about washing machines as it's wrong)

http://shay.la/descaling-your-tassimo-on-the-cheap/

Think I seen descaling tablets in dealz for 1.50.....

mad m wrote: »

You're sorted then...!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 761 ✭✭✭GSBellew

Thanks OP, ordered last Thursday & it arrived today via parcel motel, already have a Tassimo at home,
    But the Coffee alone was worth the money & my wife is taking the machine to work to save making a
    latte at home to take in with her!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭bromley52

mad m wrote: »

The original tablets contain;

• Sodium Carbonate which descales. Washing soda is the same thing, or if you don't have any simply heat some baking soda at 200C for 1hr when you are cooking in the oven.
      You may need to dissolve it in hot water before using it.
    • Sodium Sulphate is a basically a filler so you don't need this.
    • Potassium Monopersulphate is a chlorine alternative.
    • Citric Acid is a good general cleaning agent.
    • PEG-180 lubricates the insides.
    The 2 in bold are easily obtainable. Anyone with a pool should have access to Potassium Monopersulphate. Don't be tempted to use chlorine as it will rust any stainless steel parts, then again the fluorine in the mains water will eventually do that.

Leaving the PEG-180 out could be detrimental to the pump in the long run.

You can get them on Amazon UK - some are sold by Bosch directly on Amazon and there's a pack that has the descaling tabs and also a spare T Disc.

Have to say I'm very impressed with it so far. My favourites (of the ones we've tried) are the L'or Latte Macchiato and the Twinings English Breakfast, which I was surprised about, because I'm fussy about tea, but the machine made a good strong cup. If you're making the tea after you've made a coffee, I'd recommend running the rinse cycle (hot water with the yellow disc) twice just to make sure you don't get any coffee taste in the tea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Got my second order today which was for the parents. This time PM told me it was an oversized package and had to collect from their depot in Dublin. Luckily I was a couple of miles away over the weekend.

Mine arrived in my locker, but my hubby said he'd great difficulty getting it out - it just about fit in and no more, he said there wasn't even enough room for him to get his fingers down the sides of the box to pull it out. :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Lucky my local PM doesn't have lockers, it's just in-store collection so no problems with the oversize. Got the machine a few days ago but just got my first coffee from it now and have to say I'm pretty impressed by how it all works. Thanks again OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

What are people putting in for the Postcode on the Invoice Address on the Checkout screen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭dawnied

johnnykilo wrote: »
    What are people putting in for the Postcode on the Invoice Address on the Checkout screen?

You have to use a mail forwarding service like parcel motel or parcel wizard, the cost isn't much , they get delivered to a northern Ireland postcode, sorted and forwarded to your location

dawnied wrote: »
    You have to use a mail forwarding service like parcel motel or parcel wizard, the cost isn't much , they get delivered to a northern Ireland postcode, sorted and forwarded to your location

Yeah I know that, but for the Billing Address. It has Postcode as a required field with the message "Please enter a valid UK ZIP Code (including the whitespace)" and entering "Ireland" comes up as Red.

Like I've put in my Parcel Motel address in this field and didn't specify a different Shipping Address, paid with my Revolut Card and the order has been cancelled. Twice!!! Been trying to order this ****ing thing for nearly a week at this stage! :p

Yeah I know that, but for the Billing Address. It has Postcode as a required field with the message "Please enter a valid UK ZIP Code (including the whitespace)" and entering "Ireland" comes up as Red.

Like I've put in my Parcel Motel address in this field and didn't specify a different Shipping Address, paid with my Revolut Card and the order has been cancelled. Twice!!! Been trying to order this ****ing thing for nearly a week at this stage!

Sorry, I've looked again. This does appear to be where you enter the Parcel Motel address.

I've had 2 orders placed, money taken from my Revolut card only to go back again 2 days later. I thought it may have been because I was entering my PM address in the billing address but as I you this just appears to be where you enter your delivery address.

Anyone else have any problems with this?

Sorry, I've looked again. This does appear to be where you enter the Parcel Motel address.

I've had 2 orders placed, money taken from my Revolut card only to go back again 2 days later. I thought it may have been because I was entering my PM address in the billing address but as I you this just appears to be where you enter your delivery address.

Anyone else have any problems with this?

Have you tried your real billing address just adding the delivery address zip code at the end?

Have you tried your real billing address just adding the delivery address zip code at the end?

That's what I did and it worked grand.

You need to use paypal to check out if you're using an Irish card, because it'll automatically reject the order otherwise and you don't get notified (this happened me)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Like I've put in my Parcel Motel address in this field and didn't specify a different Shipping Address, paid with my Revolut Card and the order has been cancelled. Twice!!! Been trying to order this ****ing thing for nearly a week at this stage! :p

you put the parcel motel address in full as delivery and shipping address and add your PM123456 into the address or business name. The postcode is the postcode for parcel motel in Newtownabbey. BTxx 1xx or whatever it is not your own ireland one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

So what's everyone's favourite now that we have it a few weeks ...in the morning I like the kenco XL a decent cup of coffee...the costa cappuccino is nice but it doesn't fill my mug...I have saved over ?10 last week by not buying coffee in my local garage...travel mug filled with a kenco XL ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭loki7777

L'or Latte Macchiato is my fav but didn't try all of them:)

^^^
    I dunno - I have to say I'm not as wow with it as I thought I'd be. Bought it to replace my ageing Krups machine. In fairness I haven't make all the drinks but I find some, like the cappuccino, are smaller than I expected. Even the XL one I tried didn't fill a standard mug fully. The tea is ok but I find it's not hot enough if you add milk.

No problems with the speed of use and taste of the coffee it makes though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭leex

^^^
    I dunno - I have to say I'm not as wow with it as I thought I'd be. Bought it to replace my ageing Krups machine. In fairness I haven't make all the drinks but I find some, like the cappuccino, are smaller than I expected. Even the XL one I tried didn't fill a standard mug fully. The tea is ok but I find it's not hot enough if you add milk.

No problems with the speed of use and taste of the coffee it makes though!

Keep the main button pressed before the end of the cycle and it will add extra water through the capsule.

Is anyone having trouble using the discount codes on the pods?? From either site UK or Ireland?

Is anyone having trouble using the discount codes on the pods?? From either site UK or Ireland?

Yes. They don't seem to work even on full price items.

bromley52 wrote: »
    Yes. They don't seem to work even on full price items.

Think I figured it out... have to sign in to the account you created, silly me tried to pay with my card instead of PayPal so they cancelled my order and that code wouldn't work again...so I used my 2nd code with PayPal and that seems to have worked for me

leex wrote: »
    Keep the main button pressed before the end of the cycle and it will add extra water through the capsule.

Thanks but did that already for the cappuccino and it turned out too watery.... Might work better with just standard coffee though. Didn't try yet.

Has anyone bought extra drinks with their ?10 vouchers? I'm going to do an order on Friday and planning to try the Chai Latte, Twinings Forest Fruits Herbal tea and the Suchard hot chocolate. I think there's a Jacob's chocolate cappuccino which seems to be the closest thing they've got to a mocha, so the hubby is keen to try that.

Also wish they did a de-caf latte, I'm dying for a coffee right now but I'll be bouncing off the walls at this hour.

• Advertisement

Has anyone bought extra drinks with their ?10 vouchers? I'm going to do an order on Friday and planning to try the Chai Latte, Twinings Forest Fruits Herbal tea and the Suchard hot chocolate. I think there's a Jacob's chocolate cappuccino which seems to be the closest thing they've got to a mocha, so the hubby is keen to try that.

Also wish they did a de-caf latte, I'm dying for a coffee right now but I'll be bouncing off the walls at this hour.

I've ordered the Chai latte and both suchard and milka hot chocolate

I've also ordered the cafe au lait, the Barcelona cafe con leche some creamer and a couple of others..we still have loads of the coffee left in just am loving the variety haha

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Areas

Thanks OP, it got delivered yesterday, tried the Caramel Latte, it was amazing!

Well I put the order in yesterday, and it turns out the Suchard hot chocolate was the deal of the week, so I had to get tonnes of stuff to be able to use my coupon and also meet the minimum order value of ?25. I got:

1 x Chai Latte
    1 x Twinings Forest Fruits
    1 x L'Or Latte Macchiato
    1 x Cafe Hag de-caf
    2 x Jacobs Choco Cappuccino
    3 x Suchard Hot Chocolate

The whole lot came to ?27 something/€33 and delivery was free to Parcel Motel.

Picked up the Oreos one today....not great at all,was on offer so not a terrible waste of money...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

Would this still be a good deal if i already have a tassimo machine? I have one thats about 2 years old, suppose i can keep the new machine in reserve?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

phill106 wrote: »
    Would this still be a good deal if i already have a tassimo machine? I have one thats about 2 years old, suppose i can keep the new machine in reserve?
    I recon so...coffee alone worth the price..saying that you might not like all the flavours..sell old one maybe? Or keep new one and give it as a present to someone when needed..

zerks wrote: »
    No that's a smaller machine...

zerks wrote: »

No, that's not the one. The one in the offer is the T40 Fidelia. It is reduced on Argos, but it's reduced from €149.99 to €76.49 and there's no coffee included with it.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4230027/Trail/searchtext%3ETASSIMO.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Went on holidays just after I got the machine so only got to set it up yesterday.

Costa Caramel Latte is very nice if a bit sweet for me.. but having had one of these from Costa in the past, it's pretty damn close without the €4 price point!

Had a Kenco Smooth Americano just there which was nice and smooth but bitter towards end. Definitely will try again!

All in all - very impressed with this!

Just a reminder that cheapest place in bulk tends to be Amazon where you can get 80 discs (5 packs of 16 discs) for as little as £14.25.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?k=tassimo+pods+pack+of+5

(Choose Subscribe & Save for free delivery and then just cancel the S&S after shipment if you don't want them recurring!)

You can avoid using Parcel Motel by changing the DPD delivery from PM to a pickup point in Dublin! (Before the parcel reaches the PM Depot in Antrim, go online and change delivery address to a local pickup depot).

Is it a DPD pickup point you were referring to and if so where in the website were you able to do this?

Thank God I still had a voucher for the UK store.

£6.99 for a Disc Caddy there, versus €14.95 on Irish store

Plus a free Costa Latte pack with every order on UK store, yet not on Irish store.

Irish store won't be getting any of my business!

Irish store is shockingly expensive! It also doesn't have as big a selection as the UK one.

Irish store is shockingly expensive! It also doesn't have as big a selection as the UK one.
    If it wasn't for the vouchers, I probably wouldn't shop on either as pods are cheaper on Amazon with free shipping anyways.

But got that cool disc caddy that attaches to side of machine, 2 packs of Carte Noire Caramel Lattes (better reviewed than Costa), 4 packs of Costa Americano and 1 free pack of Costa Latte for just under £26 (excluding PW charge). Probably €35 all in so not bad.

But Amazon will be my first port of call for pods from now on.

Yeah we got a spare t disc and de-scaling tablets on amazon and they were way cheaper than ordering them from the tassimo site. I've my second voucher to use yet, so I must give the carte noir caramel lattes a try. The suchard hot chocolate is amazing, and the L'or latte macchiato is also gorgeous. I've drunk more coffee since the machine arrived than I have in my whole life :pac:

• Advertisement

Finally my Tassimo was delivered via PW to a local shop but when I went to collect it,
    1. I had no 4 digit code from PW.
    2. The box was opened. This was my fear of getting it delivered to a shop.

The manager of the shop was probably the worst iv ever come across. He couldn't care less and said DPD must have delivered it open. I had a car full of kids when I came out and it took some effort to keep my anger bottled up.

PW are due to get back to me on Monday to investigate this mess but I'm probably never going to use them again.

I was so looking forward to my coffee:(

I stopped using Parcel Wizard when they started delivering literally anything contracted by DPD to the shop. I ordered blinds from Harry Corry and never put my PW address anywhere on them (obviously, because they're massive feckin blinds to go on a 7ft window I don't want to have to carry them out of a shop, I want them dropped to my door) Well lo and behold I got a text saying my parcel was in my local shop. I had ordered knitting needles and was expecting that it was them. I got some land when I got to the shop and had to carry 4 massive boxes out to my car. The poor girls in the shop had no idea what they were.

Contacted Parcel Wizard and they were useless. I think once DPD scanned anything that had my name on it they just fecked it into the shop cos it was easier than finding my apartment. Also I wasn't happy with how the parcels were basically just left in the back room of the shop - anyone could get at them. Parcel Motel has it's faults too, but at least once your parcel is in the locker only you can get it out.

Careful all... had one of the infamous exploding T-Discs this morning.

Left the room which it happened and counter and practically the entire machine was coated in coffee and coffee grounds!

Basq wrote: »
    Careful all... had one of the infamous exploding T-Discs this morning.

Left the room which it happened and counter and practically the entire machine was coated in coffee and coffee grounds!

Whaaaat? I've never heard of that happening, hope you are alright, that's crazy!

Whaaaat? I've never heard of that happening, hope you are alright, that's crazy!
    They had a big recall a few years ago (Daily Mail - it is the Daily Mail so take it with a pinch of salt!).

To be honest, the T Disc is covered so it's not going to spurt out and burn your face like that article seems to suggest. Worst happened would be if your arm was under it.

Essentially, it left coffee all over the counter top and coffee ground were all over where the T-Disc sits. It wouldn't read a T-Disc for a good 5 minutes after it - ran a cycle with the service disc - and seems fine then.

I'd say it's far less likely nowadays though there are still reports of it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement