Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tassimo UK fidelia bundle £53..incl free machine

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭bromley52

You can avoid using Parcel Motel by changing the DPD delivery from PM to a pickup point in Dublin! (Before the parcel reaches the PM Depot in Antrim, go online and change delivery address to a local pickup depot).

Is it a DPD pickup point you were referring to and if so where in the website were you able to do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,781 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Thank God I still had a voucher for the UK store.

£6.99 for a Disc Caddy there, versus €14.95 on Irish store

Plus a free Costa Latte pack with every order on UK store, yet not on Irish store.

Irish store won't be getting any of my business!

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Irish store is shockingly expensive! It also doesn't have as big a selection as the UK one.

Toots wrote: »
    Irish store is shockingly expensive! It also doesn't have as big a selection as the UK one.
    If it wasn't for the vouchers, I probably wouldn't shop on either as pods are cheaper on Amazon with free shipping anyways.

But got that cool disc caddy that attaches to side of machine, 2 packs of Carte Noire Caramel Lattes (better reviewed than Costa), 4 packs of Costa Americano and 1 free pack of Costa Latte for just under £26 (excluding PW charge). Probably €35 all in so not bad.

But Amazon will be my first port of call for pods from now on.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Yeah we got a spare t disc and de-scaling tablets on amazon and they were way cheaper than ordering them from the tassimo site. I've my second voucher to use yet, so I must give the carte noir caramel lattes a try. The suchard hot chocolate is amazing, and the L'or latte macchiato is also gorgeous. I've drunk more coffee since the machine arrived than I have in my whole life :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭bromley52

Finally my Tassimo was delivered via PW to a local shop but when I went to collect it,
    1. I had no 4 digit code from PW.
    2. The box was opened. This was my fear of getting it delivered to a shop.

The manager of the shop was probably the worst iv ever come across. He couldn't care less and said DPD must have delivered it open. I had a car full of kids when I came out and it took some effort to keep my anger bottled up.

PW are due to get back to me on Monday to investigate this mess but I'm probably never going to use them again.

I was so looking forward to my coffee:(

I stopped using Parcel Wizard when they started delivering literally anything contracted by DPD to the shop. I ordered blinds from Harry Corry and never put my PW address anywhere on them (obviously, because they're massive feckin blinds to go on a 7ft window I don't want to have to carry them out of a shop, I want them dropped to my door) Well lo and behold I got a text saying my parcel was in my local shop. I had ordered knitting needles and was expecting that it was them. I got some land when I got to the shop and had to carry 4 massive boxes out to my car. The poor girls in the shop had no idea what they were.

Contacted Parcel Wizard and they were useless. I think once DPD scanned anything that had my name on it they just fecked it into the shop cos it was easier than finding my apartment. Also I wasn't happy with how the parcels were basically just left in the back room of the shop - anyone could get at them. Parcel Motel has it's faults too, but at least once your parcel is in the locker only you can get it out.

Careful all... had one of the infamous exploding T-Discs this morning.

Left the room which it happened and counter and practically the entire machine was coated in coffee and coffee grounds!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭dawnied

Basq wrote: »

Left the room which it happened and counter and practically the entire machine was coated in coffee and coffee grounds!

Whaaaat? I've never heard of that happening, hope you are alright, that's crazy!

dawnied wrote: »
    Whaaaat? I've never heard of that happening, hope you are alright, that's crazy!
    They had a big recall a few years ago (Daily Mail - it is the Daily Mail so take it with a pinch of salt!).

To be honest, the T Disc is covered so it's not going to spurt out and burn your face like that article seems to suggest. Worst happened would be if your arm was under it.

Essentially, it left coffee all over the counter top and coffee ground were all over where the T-Disc sits. It wouldn't read a T-Disc for a good 5 minutes after it - ran a cycle with the service disc - and seems fine then.

I'd say it's far less likely nowadays though there are still reports of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭dawnied

They had a big recall a few years ago (Daily Mail - it is the Daily Mail so take it with a pinch of salt!).

To be honest, the T Disc is covered so it's not going to spurt out and burn your face like that article seems to suggest. Worst happened would be if your arm was under it.

Essentially, it left coffee all over the counter top and coffee ground were all over where the T-Disc sits. It wouldn't read a T-Disc for a good 5 minutes after it - ran a cycle with the service disc - and seems fine then.

I'd say it's far less likely nowadays though there are still reports of it.

That is pretty scary tho, I have a small fella and dread the thought if he had been near now! Glad you were not near it.
    The disk probly wouldn't read if there was still coffee on the barcode reader, maybe check that's still ok or clean later.

dawnied wrote: »
    That is pretty scary tho, I have a small fella and dread the thought if he had been near now! Glad you were not near it.
    The disk probly wouldn't read if there was still coffee on the barcode reader, maybe check that's still ok or clean later.
    I honestly don't think it'll do much damage provided the coffee machine is out of reach from the young lad... I didn't see it happening but it looks more like the coffee pod exploded and coffee/grounds seeped down the back of where the cup sits and onto the counter from there, rather than spewing out the front.

Yeah, gave the barcode reader a clean but the two lights are the bottom of the display just stayed solid red (as below) once I put in a T-Disc. But tried the service disc for a quick run, and seemed to be fine after that. 

Maybe the service discs helps recalibrate it or something if an error occurs.

T65-b.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

This happens if you put the disc in the wrong way. You end up with two punctures in the disc and mess ensues.

This happens if you put the disc in the wrong way.  You end up with two punctures in the disc and mess ensues.
    Yeah, that makes more sense... while I didn't put it in the wrong way entirely, I did initially put it in slightly out of alignment. Thought once corrected, it'd be OK but guess not! :o

Advertisement