Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Comments

• RasTa wrote: »
    You still haven't answered if you've played the original games?
    Classic Rasta

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Your post is irrelevant; This is not being marketed as souls game, so it's not a souls game. Ask the developers.

Marketing doesn't matter, it's a spiritual successor and everyone knows it.

Plus, learn to use the multiquote button.

• Marketing doesn't matter, it's a spiritual successor and everyone knows it.

Plus, learn to use the multiquote button.

Get over it, free country.

So who exactly is everyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Getting annoyed cause a company who makes games you like are making another game you like, with a lot of similarities to the games you liked by them before, but has a different setting is ridiculous.

• Cormac... wrote: »
    Getting annoyed cause a company who makes games you like are making another game you like, with a lot of similarities to the games you liked by them before, but has a different setting is ridiculous.
    Voicing my opinion on what I have watched in the trailer which has possibly upset others. It's a forum, just because I don't agree with others doesn't mean I'm annoyed.

Get over it, free country.

So who exactly is everyone?

Free country, but not a free forum ;)

Everyone on this thread other than you?

• Free country, but not a free forum ;)

Everyone on this thread other than you?

Yea that's it really, you answered the question. It's not marketed as a souls game. But you are taking it as a spiritual sequel.

As is stated free country ;)

Also have a read of this;

http://www.vg247.com/2014/06/13/bloodborne-is-not-a-successor-to-demons-souls-yoshida-insists/

Yea that's it really, you answered the question. It's not marketed as a souls game. But you are taking it as a spiritual sequel.

As is stated free country ;)

Also have a read of this;

http://www.vg247.com/2014/06/13/bloodborne-is-not-a-successor-to-demons-souls-yoshida-insists/

Spiritual successor, does not mean successor. I don't know why shu would want to distance themselves from the souls brand, but just looking at the gameplay it's clear that the souls game is what was in mind when it was being created. And that's not a bad thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,224 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

So is bloodborne a re skin of another game then? Getting confused now :

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

The game looks fantastic from a design point of view, while the style is distinctively From Soft I think it looks like it will be unique in its own way, the gathering of the people reminded me of the village from Resi 4, if they capture that spooky cult-like ambience it'll be great.

It was very nice to see the lighting mechanic. I think Dark Souls 2 would have been a hell of a better game if they'd implemented it so that's something to look forward to.

The health regeneration system looks a little bit broken but hopefully it was just balanced like that to make progression in the demo a bit easier.

I'm not sure why people are objecting to it being like Dark Souls, it's nuts. If it's like Dark Souls then it'll be great! Miyazaki is directing it too so it shouldn't suffer from some of the problems Dark Souls 2 had, which were in most part its direction and world setting wasn't nearly as tight as in Dark Souls. I have utmost faith in this project.

• Advertisement

• Spiritual successor, does not mean successor. I don't know why shu would want to distance themselves from the souls brand, but just looking at the gameplay it's clear that the souls game is what was in mind when it was being created. And that's not a bad thing.
    For you it's not a bad thing, for me it is. But your struggling to except that.

And I never said it was a successor. You brought this up in the first place.

It's a new IP by the same developer that is re-using assets and has very similar game play mechanics to the souls games. That's what is evident in the video. And that's my opinion.

For you it's not a bad thing, for me it is. But your struggling to except that.

And I never said it was a successor. You brought this up in the first place.

It's a new IP by the same developer that is re-using assets and has very similar game play mechanics to the souls games. That's what is evident in the video. And that's my opinion.

Re-using basic animations isn't a crime, most developers do it.

Looks amazing, cannot wait. I though the level design in Dark Souls was some of the best I've ever seen so hoping that level of quality is there in Bloodborn too.

There's one scene with a huge monster on the rooftops off in the distance, love details like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Yeah.... I think i'll be happy enough to play another "Souls" styled game, if your not a fan of the series... fair enough, don't see how someone that is could be disappointed or surprised by the similarities. Its one of those game series that i'm more than happy to play another few with the same mechanics.
    2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    I agree, the souls games are brilliant and id welcome a souls game ever 2 years no problem unlike other games that have outstayed their welcome, if this game was not exclusive id say it would make a **** ton more money then been on the one console. Sony definity know how too make exclusives.

Would it really though ? Unless we're talking about last gen, i'd imagine the bulk of the Souls fanbase is on PS. With it probably making more money with a PC release than an XB1 one imo. Would have liked a PC release, but at least this will be something else I can play on the PS.

Magill wrote: »
    Yeah.... I think i'll be happy enough to play another "Souls" styled game, if your not a fan of the series... fair enough, don't see how someone that is could be disappointed or surprised by the similarities. Its one of those game series that i'm more than happy to play another few with the same mechanics.

I broadly agree with your post but for seasoned Souls players there are some fairly huge changes in mechanics in this game to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

After Kadokawas takeover of From Software they really do not need to worry about money anymore and the majority of games Kadokawa have put out have been exclusive to Sony platforms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Magill wrote: »

Would it really though ? Unless we're talking about last gen, i'd imagine the bulk of the Souls fanbase is on PS. With it probably making more money with a PC release than an XB1 one imo. Would have liked a PC release, but at least this will be something else I can play on the PS.

I believe it would, plenty of people crying out for a next gen souls game on pc and xbox one (well pc is already next gen, you get my drift) its well wanted, and it would only make more money from been on multiple platforms rather then the one platform
    but like I said Sony know how to make/get/buy exclusives, the game will earn alot of profit I have no doubt, but this been purely an exclusive will gain sales of ps4's but lets face it the game itself or the company would make alot more money if it was out for every console but in turn this would downsize the amount of sales of ps4 (ps4 sales arnt slowing down, but I mean if the game was not an exclusive, well then it wouldn't be a system seller) tried to rephrase it as it came out abit wrong their :pac:

Feel bad for people who love the souls series or menchanics and have already made their next gen decision, as this would be a system seller at least for me anyway, I already own a ps4, but if I didnt I sure as hell would buy one for this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,497 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Souls May Cry

Devil May Souls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Well said and I understand your opinion here. But 'according to' his still hearsay. Also, asset re-usage to the extreme here though from what I'm witnessing.
    Apologies, when I said "according to" I was paraphrasing interviews I'd read previously, one of which you actually ended up linking to. :)

I don't really want to get into the whole subjective area of what's a spiritual successor and what's not though. What I will say is this, the game has Souls DNA all over it, not just the currently shared assets, but the general look and feel of the game. What they have changed, and it should be rather evident to those who have played the Souls series, is that there appears to be a very obvious shift towards a more offensively-focused combat system. It's not just about the removal of the shields in favour of greater emphasis on countering and dodging but also the use of close-range firearms, heavier, more visceral melee attacks, the ability to switch weapon handedness mid-combat with relative easy and what appears to be pretty significant changes to the health system.

When Miyazaki talks of the gameplay mechanics being "brand new, pretty much", I'm rather confident these are the changes he's referring to.
    Xenji wrote: »
    After Kadokawas takeover of From Software they really do not need to worry about money anymore and the majority of games Kadokawa have put out have been exclusive to Sony platforms.
    This is very much a Sony published game though and I'd wager this agreement was in place before the Kadokawa acquisition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭_Puma_

Looks very nice! I must admit I was a bit jaded after DS2 and haven't picked up the expansion yet, but I have finished Demon Souls, Dark Souls 1 & 2 and I have no doubt I will be picking this up if I get a PS4.

When I first read about this I was sure it will be Demon Souls 2 or something but looks quiet the departure. I was a bit sceptical at first but reading a bit more into it and team that is behind this has me rather excited and the more I think about it the more it makes sense for them to move on from the Souls series.

I do remember reading on neogaf the time of the reveal that a lot of the Assets in there were placeholders. Would love to see some more fluid movesets or combos to compliment the more offensive playstyle.

Some more pics, and a little more information on enemies/regain system.
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=879779

Really, really like the sound of the regain system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Looks awesome. Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

Anyone get the alpha test email? Only gives you a chance at being in the alpha but I'll take it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,951 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Tommy_NDX wrote: »
    Anyone get the alpha test email? Only gives you a chance at being in the alpha but I'll take it.

Ya, just seen it there and applied.

Applied.. don't even own a PS4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Ya just applied for the beta. No dates mentioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I didn't get any email from Sony :(

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

I didn't get any email from Sony :(

You can apply here https://psnbeta.eu.playstation.com/Bloodborne/enroll.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Applied ....no we wait

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Confirmed at TGS for Feb 6th 2015

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

February 6?!?!?!?!!?!?!??!!?!?! I though it will be the usual bull**** holiday season! AWESOME!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

It looks incredible. Some of the effects on show during the fights just look gorgeous. If it can maintain a solid framerate I'll be delighted.

Delighted it's getting the usual "Souls" treatment regarding the edition coming in a special case/steelbook. I'll be all over it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Yeah, I really, really hope they get the framerate under control.
    Game looks so good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

As the video title says...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

This game is looking fantastic so far. It looks like the first real reason to own a PS4.

Never played a Souls game but I'm looking forward to this (need to justify my PS4 purchase :pac: )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,951 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Cormac... wrote: »
    Never played a Souls game but I'm looking forward to this (need to justify my PS4 purchase :pac: )

:eek:

if you have a ps3 or xbox or pc go and get yourself a copy of dark souls , with the downloadable content included. it should be fairly cheap now.

2smiggy wrote: »
    :eek:

if you have a ps3 or xbox or pc go and get yourself a copy of dark souls , with the downloadable content included. it should be fairly cheap now.

I've too much of a backlog to justify it. I can't cope with buying any more last gen games just right now :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

February 6?!?!?!?!!?!?!??!!?!?! I though it will be the usual bull**** holiday season! AWESOME!

Looks like Feb 6th is the day I pick up a ps4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Stupid Leaving Cert and stupid stupid souls stupid....I'd nearly buy it for one of my mates and spin over to his to play it to save myself the cost of the PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭hadoken13

Looks like I will be moving from an Xbox to a PS4 so. I was still on the fence as to which console to get (still love Halo and Gears of War though) but since I love the souls games, I'll have to get a PS4 to play this.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,756 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Preordered on amazon......its out two weeks before the witcher 3 though :-/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,831 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I've too much of a backlog to justify it. I can't cope with buying any more last gen games just right now :o

Do yourself a favour and dro everything else and play the souls games. Whatever you have in your backlog is no where near as good.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,756 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Do yourself a favour and dro everything else and play the souls games. Whatever you have in your backlog is no where near as good.

what if he has legend of dragoon in his backlog? :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,831 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

what if he has legend of dragoon in his backlog? :pac:

Nuke it from orbit.

Nuke it from orbit.

:p :pac:

So drop everything else and play Dark Souls first, its in my top 10 games of all time. The Souls thread is nearly 3 years running now and rarely every off the front page, I was a late comer to it and loved every minute.

play it play it play it.

krudler wrote: »
    So drop everything else and play Dark Souls first, its in my top 10 games of all time. The Souls thread is nearly 3 years running now and rarely every off the front page, I was a late comer to it and loved every minute.

play it play it play it.

They're not as good as krudler makes them out to be. They're better.

• Advertisement

They're not as good as krudler makes them out to be. They're better.

The lore of the games alone is worth playing them for, then you have the variety of combat, the weapons and armour, the magic, the stats..ahh I miss my ps3 so much I wanna start DS1 over :(

Advertisement