Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Icebergerz you say :pac:, nyom nyom .

Thought the z makes a good addition!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Thought the z makes a good addition!

It means you have more than one....

*puts hand out*

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Worked from home for 2nd half of day & had a mini snooze.. :D

tempted to head out & replenish Iceberger stocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭Poochie05

It means you have more than one....

*puts hand out*

:pac:

Help yourself, before I finish the pack!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

I have loads of Ice Creams in the Freezer but they're in there since last Summer I don't know if they'd be safe to eat them!

T.H. at all the beautiful music all the birds make when they are all trying to get their voice heard lol or whatever way you want to put it! It's nice to hear them all! :) May be going to T.A. about them in 2 hours time though if they still at it!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,383 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I met Margaret Atwood tonight and she signed two of my very well-loved (read: tatty and dog-eared) copies of her books.

I did my undergrad thesis on her work and star-struck doesn't quite cover it. Best day ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Had a good "call home". The sheer miracle of phone lines.. Gets me too to see the warning poles here re the power lines under the restless uncontrollable ocean.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

TH Saw a puppy like this,this morning, jumping around having a grand auld time in the green behind my house. He was like a little a teddy bear :3.

26b1b18bf2cc9bb0560107fdc74bba9a.jpg

When him and his owner were leaving the green a local cat passed and he started barking mad, well the cat was not impressed, gave him the evil eye and ran off :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I met Margaret Atwood tonight and she signed two of my very well-loved (read: tatty and dog-eared) copies of her books.

I did my undergrad thesis on her work and star-struck doesn't quite cover it. Best day ever!

Blessed day, praise be !!

I have loads of Ice Creams in the Freezer but they're in there since last Summer I don't know if they'd be safe to eat them!

T.H. at all the beautiful music all the birds make when they are all trying to get their voice heard lol or whatever way you want to put it! It's nice to hear them all! :) May be going to T.A. about them in 2 hours time though if they still at it!! :D

Happy to clear them and check them for you ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Having afternoon pints with my youngest son in my usual sports bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

The weather, I'm loving it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

This year's first batch of my home grown strawberries ripened today. Absolute yum.

First trailing nasturtium in bright flower as well as first poached egg plant flower.. Shopping in for a fortnight...Love when cupboards and freezer are well-stocked...

Went into crèche this evening to collect the 1-year-old. The Spaniard looking after him told me he had no fewer than five poos today. Hmmm, I thought, could have something to do with all those prunes I horsed into him late last night to ease the constipation (whoever imports prunes into Ireland most be rolling in it!), and that Kelkin prune juice...

Anyway, the Spanish lad continued, 'He is very, very red (his face is exploding with expression at the saying of it); you need to put cream on his ass hole'. hehehe. Feckin' American tv has a lot to answer for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I cut the lawn using the ride on mower. It's not a straight forward lawn, lots of shrubs planted in it, but only one casualty. I wish the suspension was a bit better! Himself was delighted, I took the opportunity of his absence today to try cutting the grass without all the "helpful" advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

madmaggie wrote: »
    I cut the lawn using the ride on mower. It's not a straight forward lawn, lots of shrubs planted in it, but only one casualty. I wish the suspension was a bit better! Himself was delighted, I took the opportunity of his absence today to try cutting the grass without all the "helpful" advice.

Respect ! I'd love to take the chance some day but I don't think I'd be able to start and set up the blade on the bloody thing. On my list of things to try I guess.

TH after going out last week-end, I will be going out again tomorrow for a show, I'm becoming quite the socialite !

Even THappier that we're making a night of it and staying in a hotel (hotels are the best)(soaps and biscoffs and sheet), and going for a nice dinner before it.

*happy dance !* (in my head, body sore)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Hearing about babies bowel movements

Anti histamines taking over makes me very happy just now. The midges have me under house arrest!
    Deeply peaceful morning. Bliss!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

We have had goldfinches on the feeder now for weeks and enjoying them .Today they arrived with two babies and fed them with sunflower seeds right in front of us as we sat near ., I think they were showing off and letting us know they appreciated the seeds !

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Not so trivial, but finally got a job in a not for profit organisation. It's been my aim since I started down my current career path, and I am over the moon. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Today was my last official day on work placement, and they got me a cake! It was so sweet, I wasn't expecting it at all :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

TG1 wrote:
    Not so trivial, but finally got a job in a not for profit organisation. It's been my aim since I started down my current career path, and I am over the moon.

Congrats and well done. Fair play to you.

My nephew is coming to visit tomorrow :D:3.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Watching Jurassic Park: Fallen world at the cinema this evening. I thought it was very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Making it through the first shave with a fresh razor with all my limbs intact

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Daisy78

Poochie05 wrote: »
    The ad with the babies dancing in their baby carriers. I know they're being manipulated by their adult handlers but their little faces leave you in no doubt they are enjoying it. Especially the last one who raises her arms too soon

I love this adtoo! My bf doesn't get it. I love the last guy/baby :)

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭The Infinite Fart

Mr Infinite Fart just discovered the equivalent of wibbly wobbly wonders in Aldi and came home with a box of them in the shopping. That jelly is so bloody good nyooooooom :)

• Advertisement

Mr Infinite Fart just discovered the equivalent of wibbly wobbly wonders in Aldi and came home with a box of them in the shopping. That jelly is so bloody good nyooooooom :)

What a guy! He must really love the bones of you! :pac:

*gets coat*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement