Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst/Best Radio Ads rerun edition!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

That Volkswagen ad, where yer man says "Valsewagen" several times.
    Do they not listen to the ad before they release it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

The guy thinking he is a local hero, doing the Electric Ireland GAA Minor Championships:

"T-H-I-S
    I-S
    M-A-J-O-R"

F**k off back to your Mammy.

"Staying focused, Staying Sharp"
    I just want to punch that young GAA guy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,868 ✭✭✭Dickie10

horrible GAA ad now on about the minor championships and getting the shift! christ sounds like Pure Mule from 2006, there was one on tv before for minor football about getting a lift with baggsy? how did he get a name like that? and he the only young minor footballer driving a car , putting 2 + 2 hes the local dealer

fricatus wrote: »
    Could be someone from Waterford doing the voiceover. After all, if you order a burger here in a pub or restaurant, it will usually be offered with chips and "SALIT" :D

It is Shay Byrne RTE Radio 1 voicing this Covid ad. Typical of him, he mentioned it on Rising Time!!.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,827 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

M&S sexy Percy Pig sweetie jar.
    FFS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

That covid ad with your wan Niamh from fair city see tries too hard to sound like a 14 year old. I have to turn the radio off every time it comes on, the more covid ads she makes the more childish she wants to sound, if it goes on any longer she’ll be sounding like a baby.

That other climate change with some woman with a very mournful voice moaning about saving the planet.

Some "diversity" ad at the moment. Can only make out one or two words in three as the voiceover races incoherently to finish her spiel in the allotted time.

Theres a woman who does voiceover ads that sounds like she belongs on Ros na Run, extreme Connamara accent. used to do ads for clonmel healthcare, also did an ad for phonewatch about a little girls piggy bank after comunion. sounds like she coughing up spit when she speaks, like Cuuuuuuunnnamawwwrrrrrraaaaa

Dickie10 wrote: »
    Theres a woman who does voiceover ads that sounds like she belongs on Ros na Run, extreme Connamara accent. used to do ads for clonmel healthcare, also did an ad for phonewatch about a little girls piggy bank after comunion. sounds like she coughing up spit when she speaks, like Cuuuuuuunnnamawwwrrrrrraaaaa

This is the woman. Ruth McCabe was in the film version of Roddy Doyle's The Snapper.
    https://www.voicebank.ie/artist/ruth-mccabe

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Dickie10 wrote: »

She does or at least used to do all of the TG4 ads, which I really liked. I like her work as Gaeilge, I'm not so much of a fan of her work as Béarla!

• Advertisement

The new Tesco ads with Britney Spears "Oops I did it again" underscore. I can't even imagine what the buyout fee for a Britney track would be...........

The new Tesco ads with Britney Spears "Oops I did it again" underscore. I can't even imagine what the buyout fee for a Britney track would be...........

Tesco are hardly impoverished. I'm sure they can well afford it, even now.

She does or at least used to do all of the TG4 ads, which I really liked. I like her work as Gaeilge, I'm not so much of a fan of her work as Béarla!

Jesus she has one serious strong galway accent

Tesco are hardly impoverished. I'm sure they can well afford it, even now.

I am aware of that.

Perhaps I should have elaborated - does the significantly extra money it would have cost to use Britney’s song over say a song by an unknown artist or a piece of stock music improve the ad at all? It’s not so intrinsically linked to the “action” that it was the only song they could have used either. Just seems a waste to me tbh.

I am aware of that.

Perhaps I should have elaborated - does the significantly extra money it would have cost to use Britney’s song over say a song by an unknown artist or a piece of stock music improve the ad at all? It’s not so intrinsically linked to the “action” that it was the only song they could have used either. Just seems a waste to me tbh.

I don't know what the track has to do with what's going on either, any old musak could have been shoved in there. It's their money anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Join our family at Home Instead. After all, family doesn't complain about being paid minimum wage, right?

Oh, and have a diabetes-inducing jingle as a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Heard one a while ago for something called Boss It, a load of annoying Brummie accented Brits talking shyte.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

Heard this morning on the radio - Peugeot cars: "Unboring the future". Sounds like some air-head in Peugeot's sales and marketing department is trying to sound hip and cool with another annoying ear-worm of a pointless slogan. Peugeot, do please fornicate yourself off.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,484 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Maynooth University - Best Decision Ever

**** off

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

All of those new ads for An Pust.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭RINO87

All of those new ads for An Pust.

She also calls in An Pust Muney.... Infuriating

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭The Mighty Quinn

I don't get it? It's pronounced "on pust", not "Ann Poe-st".
    Haven't heard the ads, does she say it weird?

dogmatix wrote: »
    Heard this morning on the radio - Peugeot cars: "Unboring the future". Sounds like some air-head in Peugeot's sales and marketing department is trying to sound hip and cool with another annoying ear-worm of a pointless slogan. Peugeot, do please fornicate yourself off.

Hyundai has a similar 'morketing' inspired slogan which thankfully escapes me now.

Hate the 'live well' and 'wellness' bullcrap of health industry ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,583 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I haven't heard "Would m'lady care to daaance" yet this year.

I blame Covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,042 ✭✭✭✭neris

Ol' Donie wrote: »

I blame Covid.

you know what youve just done now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

Hyundai has a similar 'morketing' inspired slogan which thankfully escapes me now.

Hyundai........on to better.

It turns out 'better' is great friends with 'brave' 'smart' and 'possible'

RINO87 wrote: »
    She also calls in An Pust Muney.... Infuriating

Angela Scanlon, who also features on the TV ads

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Can someone tell me what a "Christmas Mega" is? Not a "mega sale", "mega deal" or "mega promotion" etc., but just a "Christmas Mega", because Arnotts can't be arsed with proper grammar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭The Mighty Quinn

Ol' Donie wrote: »

I blame Covid.

Is that the a secret to behuuuld, a story to be toooold.
    Can't even remember what it's for, but that accent is so annoying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Is that the a secret to behuuuld, a story to be toooold.
    Can't even remember what it's for, but that accent is so annoying

Rhinestones Jewellers.

Advertisement