Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst/Best Radio Ads rerun edition!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Is it not yer wan from The Young Offenders doing the voice?

Think it's yer wan that did the kiddies news on RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,046 ✭✭✭✭neris

wtf is the one about some lad spinning sausages?? ive heard bits of it a few times but have to turn it off

neris wrote: »
    wtf is the one about some lad spinning sausages?? ive heard bits of it a few times but have to turn it off

I came to this thread to post about that exact ad. It drives me INSANE!

Its too long by about 5 minutes.

My dad just turned to me and said "We should have crab meat sometime. Then maybe they'll stop playing that ad".

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Another one that has me reaching for a gun.

Avantcard - "stupid man" (there's a novelty) doing home DIY.

Harridan wife starts off with a shouty scouse accent "what are you doink?" before lapsing back to Irish accent. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,903 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Stupid man/nagging wife trope, he (Dermot) is knocking a hole in the wall for his home office. Is that the one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Test For Echo

Stupid man/nagging wife trope, he (Dermot) is knocking a hole in the wall for his home office. Is that the one?

Yeah, she's trying to stop Dermot before he does any more "Dermage" :rolleyes:

I nearly crashed the car the first time I heard the singing & dancing ad for TJ O'Mahony. Some fella singing off key. Christ :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭Dickie10

awful ad for GOMO mobile phones i think , horrible noisey ad music and voiced by a very strange accent on the girl i cant make it out at all, she sounds like she had something in her mouth while trying to speak, like some words are almost forced pigeon english, her accent is almost too strong to pronounce or speak english well, why on earth do they have these people doing radio ads, accent sounds Dutch/S.African english like very heavy and hard to get words out clearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,188 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Dickie10 wrote: »
    awful ad for GOMO mobile phones i think , horrible noisey ad music and voiced by a very strange accent on the girl i cant make it out at all, she sounds like she had something in her mouth while trying to speak, like some words are almost forced pigeon english, her accent is almost too strong to pronounce or speak english well, why on earth do they have these people doing radio ads, accent sounds Dutch/S.African english like very heavy and hard to get words out clearly.

Its called diversity.

And fear of casting a white Irish person doing the voiceover, for fear of 'the mob' calling you racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭Dickie10

NIMAN wrote: »
    Its called diversity.

And fear of casting a white Irish person doing the voiceover, for fear of 'the mob' calling you racist.

how do we know whos voicing the ad? are they irish or foregin? and why on earth would you be racist for getting an irish person to advertise a product on irish radio?

• Advertisement

I nearly crashed the car the first time I heard the singing & dancing ad for TJ O'Mahony. Some fella singing off key. Christ :mad:

That is one shıt ad. Someone was actually paid to come up with that.

National Lottery Ad. - just heard it again "you're in a kayak in the Midlands, how did you get talked into this, you would prefer not to venture west of Lucan, gondolier etc.etc. Accent all over the place and she sounds like she is so unfit that she has more chance of expiring than winning the lottery. Yet another knocking of stay at home holidaying. :rolleyes:

Del.Monte wrote: »
    National Lottery Ad. - just heard it again "you're in a kayak in the Midlands, how did you get talked into this, you would prefer not to venture west of Lucan, gondolier etc.etc. Accent all over the place and she sounds like she is so unfit that she has more chance of expiring than winning the lottery. Yet another knocking of stay at home holidaying. :rolleyes:

Deirdre O'Kane, but in a normal-ish speaking voice. i.e. not the exaggerated squawking of the Appliances Delivered ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭thejuggler

For the day that’s in it a few Halloween related adverts from yesteryear.
    Equip your witch at News at 10 Galway. Used to hear it a lot in 2fm in the 90s. I think Andy Ruane did the VO.
    Also Spooky Specials from Xtravision. Jonathan Ryan in his best scary voice.

Happy Halloween!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

The guy thinking he is a local hero, doing the Electric Ireland GAA Minor Championships:

"T-H-I-S
    I-S
    M-A-J-O-R"

F**k off back to your Mammy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Kalimah

I CANNOT stand Deirdre O'Kane's voice.
    And the latest govt covid ad does my head in - that flat accent ala Saoirse Ronan - makes my ears bleed.

Everytime I turn over to Newstalk that Virgin media ad about making sausages is on.

Now, I love sausages and I love high speed broadband, but for some reason I HATE this ad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

A new one for Virgin Broaband interviewing some yank pianist.

I swear it goes on at least 3 minutes. Will be straight switch over next time.

New Covid public announcement ad on this week

Didn't know it was also referred to as " COVIT "

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

New Covid public announcement ad on this week

Didn't know it was also referred to as " COVIT "

Could be someone from Waterford doing the voiceover. After all, if you order a burger here in a pub or restaurant, it will usually be offered with chips and "SALIT" :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,295 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

fricatus wrote: »
    Could be someone from Waterford doing the voiceover. After all, if you order a burger here in a pub or restaurant, it will usually be offered with chips and "SALIT" :D

I've a bigger problem with the condescending tone in one of the newer ads. Excerise is beneficial, "even a brief walk is good". Thanks for that.

The guy thinking he is a local hero, doing the Electric Ireland GAA Minor Championships:

"T-H-I-S
    I-S
    M-A-J-O-R"

F**k off back to your Mammy.

what 17 year old talks like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,574 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

**** off AIG will ya

the ad for radio advertising and the great bake off tosser

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

Those GAA ads are irritating - not hugely so but a little irritating. I don't like the patronising slogan at the end "GAA - where we all belong". It sounds a slogan for a cult or a far left/right political party. I have no interest in the GAA, never had and never will.

We ate plain food BUT GOOD FOOD.

(But now happy to eat frozen processed food)

dogmatix wrote: »
    Those GAA ads are irritating - not hugely so but a little irritating. I don't like the patronising slogan at the end "GAA - where we all belong". It sounds a slogan for a cult or a far left/right political party. I have no interest in the GAA, never had and never will.

It does sound like an Irish Hitlerjugend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,295 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

dogmatix wrote: »

I like the GAA and that slogan bugs me. I'll decide where I belong, thank you very much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Yeah that VM ad is just starting to take the piss, with every iteration it seems to get longer and more convoluted.

The infantile one with Sonia O'Sullivan and the GAA head about mental health where one says a sentence followed by the other and repeat ad nauseum - gives me mental health problems just listening to it. :mad:

• Advertisement

Less of an ad, more a running theme every Fri 13th. The tired old "are you superstitious" vox pop or phone in. Walking under ladders, yadda yadda...

Advertisement