Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 3 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Shirleysrumbler

Comerman wrote: »
      Comer lifestyle??? Do you know something about Murphy that I don't? Do tell

Apilogies to MMurphy.I probably meant temprament.The man is too relaxed to be an intercounty hurler. Fabulous stickman though.

1. Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Comerman

Apilogies to MMurphy.I probably meant temprament.The man is too relaxed to be an intercounty hurler. Fabulous stickman though.

Fair enough but I think relaxed is still a tough assessment, there has been plenty of "inter county" players over the last 10 years who wouldn't of been and still aren't a patch on Murphy who were kept on the panel for one reason or another

1. Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭kilkenny34

Any word on Colin Fennelly and the 2 Mullans injuries?

2. Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭brookville

kilkenny34 wrote: »
        Any word on Colin Fennelly and the 2 Mullans injuries?

Scanlon,leahy and Darren mullen are all out with hamstring I think.Colin fennelly didnt look right against tullaron and billy ryan has yet to feature for ballycallan.Alot of clubs missing a few through various injuries but hamstring seems the most common.

3. Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭brookville

I didnt see any hurling this weekend but the boro had a big win over a usually tight defence from comer.the boro took over in the second half and kept michael murphy quite.
        The bridge had a good win over tullaron.Blanchfiekd got a goal and a few points.the bridge seemed to have swapped the two Morrisseys with enda now in attack but they have a good spine and could be there abouts after dissapointing last year.
        Clara beat the rower who lost joyce with an eye injury and joe lyng with hamstring.Leahy seems to be in trouble and could be gone for a long time.
        The shamrocks got the job done and are up and running.
        Vegas got their first win over ballycallan who are struggling and badly missing billy ryan.John walsh the go to man for vegas
        A lot of high scores over the weekend and great weather for hurling.its a pity they cant let a few more spectators in.

4. Advertisement
      5. Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

By my reckoning the four 1st Round Knockout Games will be:

Bennettsbridge v Graigue Ballycallan
        Shamrocks v Inistioge
        Tullaroan v Comer
        Danesfort v Mullinavat

With the top two in both groups progressing to the Quarter Finals:
        O'Loughlins, James Stephens, Dicksboro and Clara.

6. Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭kilkenny34

Are these games next weekend or 2 weeks?Would expect big wins for Ballyhale and Bennetsbridge,Mullinavat should have enough for Danesfort.Tullaroan n Comer to me would be the most evenly balanced game but reckon Comer will do enough.

7. Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭brookville

kilkenny34 wrote: »
        Are these games next weekend or 2 weeks?Would expect big wins for Ballyhale and Bennetsbridge,Mullinavat should have enough for Danesfort.Tullaroan n Comer to me would be the most evenly balanced game but reckon Comer will do enough.

I think it's a break next weekend then its into knock out and relegation.Wexfords county final is next weekend.they ran it off fairly quickly.

8. Registered Users Posts: 4,717 ✭✭✭kksaints

brookville wrote: »
        I think it's a break next weekend then its into knock out and relegation.Wexfords county final is next weekend.they ran it off fairly quickly.

Their football championship starts the week after that, I don't expect too many of their inter county hurlers will be playing football after the first week or so. Although depending on the covid case numbers trend, it might have been a good idea to have run it off as quickly as possible.

9. Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭kilkennyboy

BoroMan32 wrote: »
        By my reckoning the four 1st Round Knockout Games will be:

Bennettsbridge v Graigue Ballycallan
        Shamrocks v Inistioge
        Tullaroan v Comer
        Danesfort v Mullinavat

With the top two in both groups progressing to the Quarter Finals:
        O'Loughlins, James Stephens, Dicksboro and Clara.

What format are you using. Are bottom 4 not in relegation simi

10. Advertisement
      11. Registered Users Posts: 19 ClubFirst

What format are you using. Are bottom 4 not in relegation simi

All teams bar the top two in each group are not safe from relagation . You loose First Rd you out of championship and into relagation semi final

12. Registered Users Posts: 3,868 ✭✭✭blackcard

What format are you using. Are bottom 4 not in relegation

13. Registered Users Posts: 19 ClubFirst

blackcard wrote: »
        What format are you using. Are bottom 4 not in relegation

3rd vrs 6th
        4th vrs 5th
        Both groups
        Open draw for losers for relagation Semi Finals

14. Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

St. Canice’s Credit Union Senior Hurling Championship 2020 &
        Michael Lyng Motors Hyundai Intermediate Hurling Championship
        1st Round Knockout Games
        • 3rd in Group A v 6th in Group B
        • 4th in Group A v 5th in Group B
        • 5th in Group A v 4th in Group B
        • 6th in Group A v 3rd in Group B

• Four 1st Round losers drawn and play relegation Semi Finals
        • Quarter Final Draws - 1st and 2nd placed teams from Groups A & B are
        seeded and joined by 1st round winners.
        • Semi Finals Open Draw

15. Registered Users Posts: 4,717 ✭✭✭kksaints

Watching the St Patrick's vs John Lockes stream which is a good quality stream and have had no problems with.

Match is poor, neither side is impressing. Lockes don't really have any forward doing anything.
        Their keeper dropping the sliother when pucking it out was a particular low point. Scriven is getting a lot of possession but is wasting most of it. Pat's are better but can't say anyone is standing out for them. Is there any reason why Kevin Kelly is in midfield? Hope 2nd half is better.

16. Registered Users Posts: 4,717 ✭✭✭kksaints

St Patrick's win by 14 in the end. Bad match although Ballyragget could only really beat what was but in front of them and that was a woeful John Lockes side. Its hard to see them staying up with a poor attack and a backline which conceded 4 goals which really should have been 6.

17. Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Cornerback1

brookville wrote: »
        I didnt see any hurling this weekend but the boro had a big win over a usually tight defence from comer.the boro took over in the second half and kept michael murphy quite.
        The bridge had a good win over tullaron.Blanchfiekd got a goal and a few points.the bridge seemed to have swapped the two Morrisseys with enda now in attack but they have a good spine and could be there abouts after dissapointing last year.
        Clara beat the rower who lost joyce with an eye injury and joe lyng with hamstring.Leahy seems to be in trouble and could be gone for a long time.
        The shamrocks got the job done and are up and running.
        Vegas got their first win over ballycallan who are struggling and badly missing billy ryan.John walsh the go to man for vegas
        A lot of high scores over the weekend and great weather for hurling.its a pity they cant let a few more spectators in.

Will Blanchfield be the new Colin Fennelly for KK i.e. same role at full forward? - bustling target man who wins frees and scores goals.

I remember the goal he got in PP V Dublin a few years ago that won the game plus I saw him for Carlow IT in the Fitzgibbon Final this year: he scored a goal was was a real handful until he went off injured with the hamstring.

18. Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Fred Daly

Would people ever think of players lives at the moment before they post on face book thinking they are perfect as they feel its there duty to be judge jury on players. An incident happened with a north kilkenny club last saturday week after a live stream of a match a so called man flittered players managment etc he was suppose to be a hurling person as he reckoned, this incident had a bad effect on players one of them had to take sick leave so lads lassies out there think before you talk because you do not know the effect things at the moment are having on people.

19. Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Cornerback1

Anybody solve a query?

Has T.J. 4 or 5 NHL medals and if so, what years?

20. Registered Users Posts: 10,274 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Anybody solve a query?

Has T.J. 4 or 5 NHL medals and if so, what years?

National Hurling League (4): 2009, 2012, 2014, 2018

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

21. Advertisement
      22. Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Cornerback1

greenspurs wrote: »
        National Hurling League (4): 2009, 2012, 2014, 2018[/quote

Must have been injured in '13.]

23. Registered Users Posts: 10,274 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

National Hurling League (4): 2009, 2012, 2014, 2018[/quote

Must have been injured in '13.]

He broke his knee cap in 2012, so I think he came back after the Lge in 2013 (I think)

24. Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭kilkennyboy

Are we hanging by a thread to get club fixtures finished
        Few reports of cases in clubs.this break could be longer than planned

25. Registered Users Posts: 10,274 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

yes...
        more and more now ! :rolleyes:

26. Registered Users Posts: 13,319 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

He broke his knee cap in 2012, so I think he came back after the Lge in 2013 (I think)

Yep he missed the 2013 League because of a broken kneecap (from a dirty pull by Iarlaith Tannion in the 2012 AI Final Replay)

27. Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭bamayang

Which end of the county are they?

28. Registered Users Posts: 10,274 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

bamayang wrote: »
        Which end of the county are they?

North and South

29. Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭kilkennyboy

Won't mention anyone by name for obvious reasons.
        But a club played players who had parents confirmed positive on Friday. Let sons play the game and then contacted county board on Sunday. Both clubs are now stood down awaiting players tests that were done this morning. We may just call it all off. if clubs can't be trusted

30. Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Village87

Won't mention anyone by name for obvious reasons.
        But a club played players who had parents confirmed positive on Friday. Let sons play the game and then contacted county board on Sunday. Both clubs are now stood down awaiting players tests that were done this morning. We may just call it all off. if clubs can't be trusted

That club should be thrown out of all competition as a result of negligence.

31. Advertisement
      32. Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭bamayang

Hypothetical question: Say a club has to 'stand down' activities for a week due to a case or two in the middle of championship Would there be a walk-over or delay the match?

This discussion has been closed.
      Advertisement