Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Live & Let Dial

Options

Comments

No way I’d unload a solid buttery discharge, accompanied by the wind ensemble, in a booth beside a little hottie from Leaving Cert. and then exit to a common wash area.

Who thought of this stupid set up.

Surely won’t get any traction.

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,502 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

how de fk can i put up my audiomix i love it a rough draft 4 now...
    i have no clue wat to do

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

I thought the most idiotic part of the new proposals about unisex toilets was the idea of getting rid of the urinals for the lads. The urinal is amongst the cleverest things ever invented.
    There must be an agenda amongst the ‘woke’ people in the DOE to make things as inconvenient for the boys as possible in order to punish them for having a penis.
    Are urinals going to be outlawed altogether in the interests of wokeness?

Roger_007 wrote: »
    I thought the most idiotic part of the new proposals about unisex toilets was the idea of getting rid of the urinals for the lads. The urinal is amongst the cleverest things ever invented.
    There must be an agenda amongst the ‘woke’ people in the DOE to make things as inconvenient for the boys as possible in order to punish them for having a penis.
    Are urinals going to be outlawed altogether in the interests of wokeness?

As a very young chiseler I used to run into men's toilets (particularly at RDS shows) and go over and stare at the men at the urinals. Fortunately I never encountered anything adverse, so to speak, and wondered why they all tried to cover themselves immediately. I did it because I was told not to, so my mother learned very quickly not to tell me NOT to do something. Was always envious that they had such a convenient appendage.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

avfc1874 wrote: »
    Just listened to it. That was brilliant

God that's scary even for RTE. He sounded like one of those judges at a show trial, where in sentencing the judge sensationally and dramatically castigates the "guilty" man (in spite of the person being guilty of nothing at all).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭Expunge

No way I’d unload a solid buttery discharge, accompanied by the wind ensemble, in a booth beside a little hottie from Leaving Cert. and then exit to a common wash area.

Thank you Brendan for so gently articulating what many of us are most concerned about with this proposal. ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Beatty69

gmisk wrote: »
    Trans people can be seriously demonised.
    I know a couple of trans people all lovely they just want to live their lives.
    They get a seriously tough time in life in general, who gives a toss where they want to go to the loo.

Couldn't agree more.

Why oh why do so many people get wound up about this.

It's a total non issue in my world. Couldn't care less what gender anyone wants to identify as or where anyone goes to the toilet.

And yet, as soon as it's ever brought up it's on every radio station going.

My honest opinion on it is people who hated on gay people before and aren't allowed do it anymore have moved on to trans people.

There's one guy in particular who has almost been arrested for this harassment of trans people and yet still carries on constantly.

What a hill to die on like. :rolleyes:

I'm writing to the BAI if they cut that out of the podcast later.

This is why we pay the licence fee.

Even down to the trembling intake of breath, pure GOLD!

Totally cut out so you may write that complaint.

Beatty69 wrote: »
    Totally cut out so you may write that complaint.

You're kidding?

I am going to complain either way. The other caller was allowed to say whatever transphobic nonsense she liked, and Duffy was only too happy to accommodate that. It was only when she was called-out that Duffy lost the rag. If I said what I really think about him, I'd have to ban myself.

• Advertisement

You're kidding?

I am going to complain either way. The other caller was allowed to say whatever transphobic nonsense she liked, and Duffy was only too happy to accommodate that. It was only when she was called-out that Duffy lost the rag. If I said what I really think about him, I'd have to ban myself.

Couldn't believe it either. Only listened because there was actually a news article about him losing the rag today. Totally cut out altogether.

I later on heard him on here from some kind poster that posted it from Twitter.

Jesus, I've never heard a radio host lose it like that. Never!

My only guess is that he knows the TERF has good legal backing and was terrified of a lawsuit but he genuinely sounded distressed!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Duffy was slow out of the blocks with his fake outrage. He suddenly realised the financial implications of her remarks and went on a rant to head off the lawyers at the pass.

You got it in one.
    padd b1975 wrote: »
    Joe 'Hold me back" Duffy.

New thread title
    i have no clue wat to do

Jeff2 is your man OR WOMAN #woke

By the way, I work in a place where there's only 2 staff toilets for 80 staff, no gender assigned to either of them.

It's a pain simply because you can't have a **** in peace without someone shaking the handle but feck it, you have to deal with it.

My thinking is getting kids used to this in school is not a bad idea. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,899 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

TYFYS callers for recording and sharing. Bloody brilliant!

The one downside I would say to gender neutral toilets will be the lack of urinals.

Imagine the O2 without urinals, the toilet queue would never end!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,999 ✭✭✭Jeff2

i have no clue wat to do

Soundcloud is good.
    You may have to check/change the format before uploading but it's worth the time it takes. :)

By the way, I work in a place where there's only 2 staff toilets for 80 staff, no gender assigned to either of them.
    if you're a member of a union, get them to sort that out. Unions are pretty good with this kinda thing.

I'm going to say this again at the risk of being tedious. An increasing number of people are having stoma operations, which offer the most fantastic life imaginable available to those who need them, and a positive advantage in certain respects, all toilet facilities should offer the basics of a simple shelf, disposal unit and small wash basin. Suitable for the hygiene of every person. A stall just wide enough for somebody to assist another.

I have been in a position to come to the assistance of total standers in certain situations. A person travelling with a broken leg leg was desperate to use the bathroom, and seeing as I had my mother in a wheelchair and seemed the best bet, came to ask me in their urgency. I utterly gladly and discreetly assisted the person, using disabled toilet which enabled me to do so. Disabled type toilet facilities are generally called for, but only one or two would need to be wide enough to accommodate a wheelchair.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

The one downside I would say to gender neutral toilets will be the lack of urinals.

Imagine the O2 without urinals, the toilet queue would never end!

Why not have urinals in the gender neutral toilet for both men and women. I think there's a women's urinal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭applehunter

Strangest thing was Joe getting upset that underage teens having sex in the school toilets got suspended/expelled.

"lovemaking"

I think I may refresh this quote for the next 3 months.

Subversive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,621 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Indo - Joe Duffy apologises after caller uses string of slurs against another during discussion on gender neutral toilets in schools
    Laoise was called a number of names by another caller who didn’t agree with her stance.
    Duffy interrupted the insults by shouting; "No, no! None of that language on this show! No, no!", before cutting the caller off and the show cut to an ad break.
    Duffy apologised to his caller for cutting her off, saying he doesn’t have the ability to do this, but his producer does and he asked them to do so.
    The presenter then apologised to Laoise for the insults that she was called by the other caller, and asked her if she would like a right of reply

• Registered Users Posts: 23,621 ✭✭✭✭zell12

"Duffy doesn’t have the ability to cut caller off, but his producer does and he asked them to do so"
    LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

RTÉ liveline podcast is up.
    Snip snip snip around 45:15
    Hope they swept the cutting room floor and brought it down to cash for gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,903 ✭✭✭furiousox

Joe has guzzled a bottle for breakfast and is good to go now.

551073.jpg

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

zell12 wrote: »

I seem to recall a few more "BUOY BUOYs" and a "STOP IT" that they haven't quoted there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

minikin wrote: »
    RTÉ liveline podcast is up.
    Snip snip snip around 45:15 Hope they swept the cutting room floor and brought it down to cash for gold.

And remember people, be careful where you get your news from.

The truth matters at RTÉ
    https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0916/1165543-rte-truth-matters-campaign/

RTE, bringing you the TRUTH....... (when it suits them)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

you put it more eloquently than I ever could. What's wrong with a bit of privacy ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

You're kidding?

I doubt Joe understood the underlying point that she had or doesn't have a notion of what the organisation she is in is about. She was quite careful how she phrased things untill she said the phrase trans identified male.

Joe wouldn't have a clue why that was insulting but the other two women picked up on it and that's why they got angry.

She shouldn't have used that term to describe people but Joe wouldn't have a notion.

The solution as I see it would be to let trans people use the toilet they want rather then everyone having to share with the other gender. But if you're not going to consider that you are not really trying to solve the issue. The fact she wasn't going to agree with that is telling.

The trans people need to go to the toilet too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,529 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Sounds like yesterday was WILD :pac::pac::pac:

Joe:"Boys leave the toilets filthy".

Any ex-barmen on this thread?

*Puts up hand*

"Ill clean the mens all day and night before I go near the ladies"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement