Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Live & Let Dial

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

PieOhMy wrote: »
    I have a theory that if there is a few different bathrooms in a school maybe eventually it will become custom that the one in the bottom floor is for boys and 2nd floor for girls etc. An unofficial policy so to speak

But they are trying to eradicate gender toilets.
    When there is absolutely no need to.

The VAST majority of young people identify as either male or female, simple as.

My own idea of what a toilet should be like is that it should offer privacy, a washbasin for hygiene, a shelf, disposal unit etc.... for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

My own idea of what a toilet should be like is that it should offer privacy, a washbasin for hygiene, a shelf, disposal unit etc.... for everyone.

And WIFI?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Honestly, the whole private industry is still shut down with no reason at this stage, and they discuss this as the "big issue of the day".

It's like you are having an argument over the door mirror being dirty, while all the time the engine wont start.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Still talking toilet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭signostic

"was yer hands" at the most inappropiate time...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,279 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Trans people can be seriously demonised.
    I know a couple of trans people all lovely they just want to live their lives.
    They get a seriously tough time in life in general, who gives a toss where they want to go to the loo.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

We don't care what you were doing Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,376 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I know it's a real issue, but the amount of media coverage it receives is totally disproportionate, relative to the amount of people affected by it, compared to other issues which often barely get an mention.

It's a handy one for the media - a bit of conflict on tap and people with diametrically opposed views to each other sent out to argue, never any attempts to find solutions or common ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,746 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

I deliberately drive through town...................to show off the jag and avoid the toll

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Not comparing like with like is it. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

NIMAN wrote: »
    But they are trying to eradicate gender toilets.
    When there is absolutely no need to.

The VAST majority of young people identify as either male or female, simple as.

What is wrong with making them gender neutral. The toilets in my primary and secondary school are unisex as are the toilets in my workplace.

Why are gendered toilets so important. It's a strange hill to die on.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Duffy making a drama out of nothing:)

I honestly don't get the big deal about this, he is right it is a drama about nothing tbh

What is wrong with making them gender neutral. The toilets in my primary and secondary school are unisex as are the toilets in my workplace.

Exactly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

This is obscene.

I don;t care what anyone says.

If your man changed to a woman why doesnt he just use the ladies?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

The Pod in de good old days Joe.

If toilets offer enough privacy there should be no issue at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,012 ✭✭✭✭walshb

The Church Mary Street does not have unisex toilets.

It’s right for men and left for ladies..

gmisk wrote: »
    I honestly don't get the big deal about this, he is right it is a drama about nothing tbh

That pretty much sums up the show. Last time I listened. There was a 80 year old woman trying to locate a one night stand from 60 years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

How about have a separate toilet for girls and a separate toilet for boys, in addition to the gender neutral ones, to cater for those not comfortable with the gender neutral toilets. (Queues might be around the corner, mind).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

A few girls I know have said that they never once used the toilets in their all girls school for anything other than a piss. If that's the attitude they had in a 'posh' all girls school they wudnt have a notion of using a mixed jacks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

BPKS wrote: »
    I deliberately drive through town...................to show off the jag and avoid the toll

Maybe Joe should set up a Jaguar dealership. Joe's Jags.

Maybe this is just me but having men and women use the same loos is an accident waiting to happen.

From a practical standpoint this just has to be a bad idea.

This is obscene.

I don;t care what anyone says.

If your man changed to a woman why doesnt he just use the ladies?
    A unisex bathroom is obscene?
    There are plenty of them already, in schools etc.

This countess woman would not be happy about that at all (trans person using woman's bathroom)....it is a TERF group.

Maybe this is just me but having men and women use the same loos is an accident waiting to happen.

From a practical standpoint this just has to be a bad idea.

Are you worried men will wet the seat and a man might see some period blood.

What exactly is the accident?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,746 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Somethings I get confused with the new signage on these fancy new toilets - trying to figure out which abstract drawing is the man and which is the women.

Brings me back to me being about 5 and going to a football match and seeing FIR and MNÁ signs on the toilets. I asked the brother which I should use and he said they had just spelt Man wrong and use that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭leath_dub

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Plus it may not be true anyway.

I believe noted republican Ruth Dudley Edwards is a big proponent of the tale of Countess Marcievicz shooting the RIC man in St Stephen's Green

Otherwise I think that story has been largely discredited

gmisk wrote: »
    A unisex bathroom is obscene?

This countess woman would not be happy about that at all (trans person using woman's bathroom)....it is a TERF group.

What is gender neutral?

What does it even mean?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

My god every single show on RTE is about identity at this stage. Do people ever wonder what is driving this because I don't think I have had one conversation that was identity centric in the last month?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement