Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Live & Let Dial

Options

Comments

sligojoek wrote: »
    I have it recording.

We rely on you... if it's edited out ya can send me the link later for my TikTok. I'm getting followers.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,278 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I shared a bathroom in an apartment with two girls.

Girls can be equally if not more filthy.
    The amount of makeup and fake tan...the walls were like fecking cave paintings!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,705 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

gmisk wrote: »
    Come for the toilets stay for the lollipops!

With a bit of cáca milis dealing on the quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Educating young people not to giggle.

Wont work.

I'm 60 and I still giggle like a 16 year old.

I'm in the same age bracket and I still enjoy lavatorial humour. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

De blood and de p1ss intermingling.

Sounds like a movie you'd pay to see on Only Fans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,005 ✭✭✭✭walshb

World is fooking mad. Really is..

Young 12/13 year old girls sharing toilets with 17/18 year old males..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

gmisk wrote: »
    I shared a bathroom in an apartment with two girls.

Girls can be equally if not more filthy.
    The amount of makeup and fake tan...the walls were like fecking cave paintings!

Similar experience here. Lads can be messy but I found the girls left it more 'dirty'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭leath_dub

Joe:"Boys leave the toilets filthy".

Any ex-barmen on this thread?

I had a Summer job in a pub/night club in Connemara years ago. First thing Sunday morning was cleaning the jacks from the night before. The gents was bad, but the ladies - mudderajaysus!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭golondrinas

Trans exclusionary Radical Feminists.

Basically they agree that gender is a construct, but argue that only women (born as women) with that experience understand female oppression, and therefore need extra protection.

They make some very valid points but are generally dicks to trans people, unfortunately.

Sorry , I was being facetious as is my wont.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

PieOhMy wrote: »
    Tyfys

I've the satellite box set to record from 1.40 till 3.05 on saorview every day. Delete them after a month if there's nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭signostic

zell12 wrote: »
    They be piddlin, Joe
    De blood and de p1ss intermingling.

Really all down to whether the toilet is left up or down...always up in my gaff..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Joe on the way to D4bes for a stiff drink after that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,777 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I'm still in shock over his rant :D

PieOhMy wrote: »
    Not to be that type of poster but if someone.said that girls leave the toilets filthy joe would have checked them

My comment above was similar, I worked in a few bars and part of my duty was cleaning the jacks. One place I worked, we'd flip a coin on who got the mens and the womens, everyone wanted the mens.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

I've the satellite box set to record from 1.40 till 3.05 on saorview every day. Delete them after a month if there's nothing.

You are doing God's work. That outburst was one for the record books.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

leath_dub wrote: »
    I had a Summer job in a pub/night club in Connemara years ago. First thing Sunday morning was cleaning the jacks from the night before. The gents was bad, but the ladies - mudderajaysus!

Many hotel chambermaids can vouch for you on this when it comes to dressing the rooms, especially after weddings.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Joe on the way to D4bes for a stiff drink after that :)

Are we allowed to say stiff in the context of what we have just been listening to? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

I have it recording.

lash it up on youtube

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭crispsandwiches

I call you ****e in the bucket

Many hotel chambermaids can vouch for you on this when it comes to dressing the rooms, especially after weddings.
    Towels and bedsheets looking like the Turin shrowd with the fake tan and makeup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭crispsandwiches

I call you ****e in the bucket.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

leath_dub wrote: »
    This woman should be presenting the show
    I think she has been on before.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

I have it recording.

Please please please make a WAV. Plans for it to be my new ring tone.

In all honesty, recalling my teens when periods were a particularly bothersome event in the developing body, I would not want to have been closely sharing toilet facilities with lads, didn't want to be sharing too closely with women either for that matter. Privacy should be afforded to all. The toilet could be an escape for particularly painful moments, without lads giggling in the background.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

In all honesty, recalling my teens when periods were a particularly bothersome event in the developing body, I would not want to have been closely sharing toilet facilities with lads, didn't want to be sharing too closely with women either for that matter. Privacy should be afforded to all. The toilet could be an escape for particularly painful moments, without lads giggling in the background.

The fact that this isn't plain old common sense is nuts

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

That was pure GOLD today!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭deravarra

withless wrote: »
    I think she has been on before.

She has - and also on the Adrian Kennedy phoneshow on FM104 a good while back if memory serves me right.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Good god I just had flashbacks to working with a Vegan, the gents toilet was beside the ladies, he used to stink up the entire corridor! It was vile, was delighted (as were many when he retired).

I can honestly see where you are coming from
    But looking at the pic on this, I think boys and girls would be happy enough.
    There is a boy side and a girl side.
    https://twitter.com/rteliveline/status/1385215890774503429?s=19

I personally have no issues with unisex bathrooms.
    But if there are boys and girls toilets I would have no issue either with the tiny tiny proportion of trans people using whichever genders bathroom they identify as. I see how demonised trans people can be and it isn't a pretty sight, it's not an easy life

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,451 ✭✭✭touts

That’s actually not what is wanted. It’s access for trans youth to their identified gender. So male and female toilets still stay.

Not according to a spokesperson for Trans people on News talk headlines. They want their own unisex toilets

So now we need

Toilets for junior girls
    Toilets for TY girls
    Toilets for senior girls
    Toilets for Trans junior girls
    Toilets for Trans TY girls
    Toilets for Trans senior girls
    Toilets for junior boys
    Toilets for TY boys
    Toilets for senior boys
    Toilets for Trans junior boys
    Toilets for Trans TY boys
    Toilets for Trans senior boys
    Toilets for female staff
    Toilets for Trans female staff
    Toilets for Male staff
    Toilets for Trans male staff.
    Toilets for junior bi girls
    Toilets for TY bi girls
    Toilets for senior bi girls
    Toilets for junior bi boys
    Toilets for TY bi boys
    Toilets for senior bi boys
    Toilets for junior trans girls who want to use girls toilets but which non-trans girls do not want to use
    Toilets for TY trans girls who want to use girls toilets but which non-trans girls do not want to use
    Toilets for senior trans girls who want to use girls toilets but which non-trans girls do not want to use
    Toilets for junior trans boys who want to use boys toilets but which non-trans boys do not want to use
    Toilets for TY trans boys who want to use gboys toilets but which non-trans boys do not want to use
    Toilets for senior trans boys who want to use boys toilets but which non-trans boys do not want to use
    Toilets for trans female staff who want to use female toilets but which non-trans female staff do not want to use
    Toilets for trans male staff who want to use male toilets but which non-trans male staff do not want to use.

Classrooms are long gone. Now we're stacking portaloos out on the sports pitches.

We should line up a rep from each group to demand a slot on tomorrow's Liveline just to completely mess with Joe s head

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement