Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Live & Let Dial

Options
  • 15-04-2021 8:58pm

This has been voted as the most popular new thread title by Liveline thread Boardsies on the Liveline Thread Title Suggestions, and was suggested by poster Losty. Seeing that the post count of last thread is close to reaching its limit I propose this as next thread, pending Mod approval. Until then I would, as an ordinary poster, suggest we refrain from posting further here. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Serious question now and although it wasnt discussed recently I have always wondered why, when it comes to topics of suicide or self harm he'll always cut the caller mid sentence or interject if he feels they're coming close to mentioning the particular act of suicide or self harm. In fact, even goes so far as to tell them not to give particulars. I mean there does be some shocking stories at times about abuse, assault etc at times so I cant see why someone saying 'he/she hung themselves' etc as something to get flustered about?! Its not as if its going to give someone an idea is it?

Curiously curious about why this is?

SpitfireIV wrote: »
    Serious question now and although it wasnt discussed recently I have always wondered why, when it comes to topics of suicide or self harm he'll always cut the caller mid sentence or interject if he feels they're coming close to mentioning the particular act of suicide or self harm. In fact, even goes so far as to tell them not to give particulars. I mean there does be some shocking stories at times about abuse, assault etc at times so I cant see why someone saying 'he/she hung themselves' etc as something to get flustered about?! Its not as if its going to give someone an idea is it?

Straight into suicide. Done like a pro Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

SpitfireIV wrote: »

I've noticed the very same thing. Any other gruesome detail is no bother to him.

I mentioned on the previous thread that I was looking for a rechargable portable radio. I took delivery of this the other day.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08DKK4MZN/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=AUSAUEQDHOZ63&psc=1

Delighted with it. It takes Bluetooth, micro SD Aux and works as a radio as well. Thinly disguised copy of an old nokia phone and will fit into any pocket. Best 18 quid I ever spent.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,406 ✭✭✭✭zell12

I for one am delighted that you are delighted with your new tranny

• Advertisement

zell12 wrote: »
    I for one am delighted that you are delighted with your new tranny

You can't say that.

Ze tranny.

It's gender neutral.

Roll up! Roll up! Wind down! Allegedly on twodaze show...
    • full page ad... clergy caught in lewd act
    • scrabble banning wurds, from yesterda
    • what bored games have got you through pandemic and can you explain it to listeners?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭Red Fred

Today

People sick of Church bashing after a priest was caught bashing the bishop so to speak.

More scramble rubbish
    What board games got you through the pandemic?

Something about an anagram of Wash yizzer hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

De original and still de bestest Lahv Lahv Bingo Buzzwurd Card got many of us through many a crap show Joe.....

• Advertisement

Red Fred wrote: »
    Today

People sick of Church bashing after a priest was caught bashing the bishop so to speak.

More scramble rubbish
    What board games got you through the pandemic?

Something about an anagram of Wash yisser hands.

Sandy Shaw Hour

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,186 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Can't see the lewd act ad?

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

Two days talking...about...scrabble.
    How the f does he get away with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

De original and still de bestest Lahv Lahv Bingo Buzzwurd Card got many of us through many a crap show Joe.....

de limitations of boards.ie played havoc with my visionary dream. bout time i did another one lol baby cretin teething great craic..

Needs an update, caller.

Now which of yizzers is going to fone in about yer favourite pandemic bored game and describe it with wurds?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,972 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

It is Friday and what joyful subject have we got on De Liveline today?
    • A full page ad of headloines does be in da papers, and dey do be bashing the poor priests in them. We speak to a priest fan.

• More wurds on de bored gameses and banning rude words and culchies from playing.

• More on wurd games. Christine does play den on the eye pad with the daugha chiselur in Canada Dry.

• More on wurd games and can you name some and Go Chinese.

Yeah, wurd games got three mentions. Do not pass go at 1:45...

tumblr_inline_oah6lxYprM1tx2h2y_1280.jpg

Bored games..,

Lewdo

Screudo

Chest

Now which of yizzers is going to fone in about yer favourite pandemic bored game and describe it with wurds?

Pretty sure Im black listed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Dooobalin wurking class accents getting a mention.

• Advertisement

A balls of pronunciation from Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,849 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Tik tok and dat....not in promo

• Registered Users Posts: 15,282 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Why is joe promoting this crap?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Toe doe ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,441 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

here bud, wheres the social welfare office?

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,665 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Disgraceful. Nigerians mocking the country that took them in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭Red Fred

A balls of pronunciation from Joe.

Nothing new there

• Registered Users Posts: 8,505 ✭✭✭shearforce

"deese difficult toimes"

• Registered Users Posts: 15,282 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Would joe be ok with Irish ppl of Irish heritage taking the p1ss out of Nigerian accents?

• Advertisement

Imagine the reaction to this from the #wokefolk if it was 4 white chislers imitating Nigerian accents?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement