Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Ah now, you know walking through the porter held door of brown Thomas that you are not going to get change out of a €100 bill.

Sales advisors don't need to specify that something is expensive. At a very basic level they are failing their job description of making a sale. If she thought that the 800 thread count was too expensive, she could have still shown them, and shown the cheaper 400 thread count ones as an alternative.

There is no need to belittle someone.

Exactly this Princess. To be honest, it's actually really upset me, I guess I'm a pretty sensitive soul at the best of times. I could feel the judgement pouring off her. I was wearing ripped jeans and I have tattoos, that was enough for her to decide I can't afford luxury bedsheets.
    Why would I be asking about thread count if I didn't know what I was talking about, it's quite a specific thing.
    She could have at least shown me them and as you said, offered an alternative. She was horrible to me.
    It's Saturday evening and I'm going to have a beer and chill out but this is really playing on my mind.
    I wonder how differently she would have treated me if I was wearing a fur coat and mink scarf 🙄
    The manager lady was an equally obnoxious ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Ah now, you know walking through the porter held door of brown Thomas that you are not going to get change out of a €100 bill.

Sales advisors don't need to specify that something is expensive. At a very basic level they are failing their job description of making a sale. If she thought that the 800 thread count was too expensive, she could have still shown them, and shown the cheaper 400 thread count ones as an alternative.

Anytime I’ve shopped in Brown Thomas. I’ve spent no where near €100.
    Last time I think I spent €6. (Not all of us are princesses)

I was also just highlighting how customers act when they ask for a top of the range item that could cost a few hundred euro and they give out over the price of it. I never got one second said that she shouldn’t have shown them or got them or anything like that.

Anytime I’ve shopped in Brown Thomas. I’ve spent no where near €100.
    Last time I think I spent €6. (Not all of us are princesses)

I was also just highlighting how customers act when they ask for a top of the range item that could cost a few hundred euro and they give out over the price of it. I never got one second said that she shouldn’t have shown them or got them or anything like that.

Ah come on now popcorn, what did you buy, a cotton bud? On average BT is renowned and perhaps even revered for being expensive.
    Any customer who asks for a high end item and complains about the price is a moron. I'd like to think the majority of people are not that ignorant.

On topic, I haven't drank ina week and this made me crack. Ugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭I Am Nobody

Porklife wrote: »
    Exactly this Princess. To be honest, it's actually really upset me, I guess I'm a pretty sensitive soul at the best of times. I could feel the judgement pouring off her. I was wearing ripped jeans and I have tattoos, that was enough for her to decide I can't afford luxury bedsheets.
    Why would I be asking about thread count if I didn't know what I was talking about, it's quite a specific thing.
    She could have at least shown me them and as you said, offered an alternative. She was horrible to me.
    It's Saturday evening and I'm going to have a beer and chill out but this is really playing on my mind.
    I wonder how differently she would have treated me if I was wearing a fur coat and mink scarf ��
    The manager lady was an equally obnoxious ****.

I truly understand that,and it is just snobbery bull**** on their part.They are shallow people and not worth stressing over,I know that is easier said than done.You just have to remind yourself they are ignorant,an whatever they bring to the discussion will reflect that.

My point is don't let anyone make you think they are better than you.Because they are not.**** them.

I truly understand that,and it is just snobbery bull**** on their part.They are shallow people and not worth stressing over,I know that is easier said than done.You just have to remind yourself they are ignorant,an whatever they bring to the discussion will reflect that.

My point is don't let anyone make you think they are better than you.Because they are not.**** them.

You've really cheered me up:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Porklife,i keep singing Blur song in a mockney accent.And its all your fault:D:D

Ah come on now popcorn, what did you buy, a cotton bud? On average BT is renowned and perhaps even revered for being expensive.
    Any customer who asks for a high end item and complains about the price is a moron. I'd like to think the majority of people are not that ignorant.

On topic, I haven't drank ina week and this made me crack. Ugh.

We sell electrical goods. Some are expensive.
    The customer generally lands in and a they saw there friend with this and they want one.
    You go to stock and get it for them and scan it and then tell them the price and they can’t believe how expensive it is and have a go at you over it.
    It happens a lot snd can be rather annoying.

I think the €6 thing was a Shelligs chocolate letter.
    The time before that I spent €5 on a Christmas Bauble.
    There’s lots of cheap items for under €10 for fellas like me.

Just out of interest did I say somewhere that the sales assistant acted correctly?

We sell electrical goods. Some are expensive.
    The customer generally lands in and a they saw there friend with this and they want one.
    You go to stock and get it for them and scan it and then tell them the price and they can’t believe how expensive it is and have a go at you over it.
    It happens a lot snd can be rather annoying.

I think the €6 thing was a Shelligs chocolate letter.
    The time before that I spent €5 on a Christmas Bauble.
    There’s lots of cheap items for under €10 for fellas like me.

I think though BT is a different level though.You know its going to be expensive.And it does have sliding prices but if you usually go to BT you have some serious money to spend.

And i dont think its the salespersons place to be condencending.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

You've really cheered me up:)

Have you tried bamboo cotton?

I "invested" in egyptian cotton sheets from arnotts, not cheap at all, but they haven't really held up... The stitching has gathered from the tumble dryer.

I bought bamboo cotton in Homestore and more for the child's bed, slept one night in it and if you like cool sheets they were lovely.

I bought bamboo sheets for our bed the next time they were on offer, tbh, still in the packaging as I'm getting my monies worth out of the arnotts sheets.... Think I'll break them out for Christmas..... But a nice cheaper alternative.

• Advertisement

dubstarr wrote: »
    I think though BT is a different level though.You know its going to be expensive.And it does have sliding prices but if you usually go to BT you have some serious money to spend.

And i dont think its the salespersons place to be condencending.

I never said for a second that the sales assistant acted correctly or did I?

I just said it was annoying when people had a go at you over the price of an item.

Porklife,i keep singing Blur song in a mockney accent.And its all your fault:D:D

Aahhh my work here is done 😀🀪ðŸ™႒

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Aahhh my work here is done ����ðŸ™႒

That was your plan all along I bet, this was just one big elaborate plot to trick us all into singing it!

:pac:

Just out of interest did I say somewhere that the sales assistant acted correctly?

No, you didn't. However, you introduced a counter argument that customers can be equally obnoxious (which we all know they can) and by doing so, I personally read it (can't speak for anyone else) that you were siding with the shop assistant, as she had to put up with obnoxious customers. (if that makes sense)

That you can never find an ink pen that works.

No, you didn't. However, you introduced a counter argument that customers can be equally obnoxious (which we all know they can) and by doing so, I personally read it (can't speak for anyone else) that you were siding with the shop assistant, as she had to put up with obnoxious customers. (if that makes sense)

Yes, I understand that.
    I wasn’t standing up for the sales assistant.
    I was just saying what I found annoying.

They must know me coming at Brown Thomas anyway. I never got a man with a hat holding the door open for me!

Yes, I understand that.

Look we're all channeling our inner julia Roberts, so let's stay on that vibe :D

Yes, I understand that.

They must know me coming at Brown Thomas anyway. I never got a man with a hat holding the door open for me!

I worked in Tesco for years on the till.I know the cuntomers you mean.But BT you expect a better attitude from the sales assistants.

I think in this case the customer is definately right.I would complain through email.They could do with a bit of retraining.

Have you tried bamboo cotton?

I "invested" in egyptian cotton sheets from arnotts, not cheap at all, but they haven't really held up... The stitching has gathered from the tumble dryer.

I bought bamboo cotton in Homestore and more for the child's bed, slept one night in it and if you like cool sheets they were lovely.

I bought bamboo sheets for our bed the next time they were on offer, tbh, still in the packaging as I'm getting my monies worth out of the arnotts sheets.... Think I'll break them out for Christmas..... But a nice cheaper alternative.

Oh wow! I love cool sheets. I'm a pillow flipper, I turn my pillow constantly during the night for the cool side. I'm just short of keeping my pillow in the freezer! My poor boyfriend, don't know how he puts up with me. I have a white noise machine, black out blinds, silk nightdress, lavender oil. I hate having insomnia but it is what it is. I will definitely try bamboo sheets. I wish I was an Eskimo sometimes, sleeping in a dark cold igloo sounds awesome:)

I worked in Tesco for years on the till.I know the cuntomers you mean.But BT you expect a better attitude from the sales assistants.

I think in this case the customer is definately right.I would complain through email.They could do with a bit of retraining.

I know you expect better in Brown Thomas over other places.
    I never for one second said that pork was at fault.
    If I was them I’d just go somewhere else.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Ah come on now popcorn, what did you buy, a cotton bud?

Probably a small cup of plain black tea to take away. :D

^^^
    That doesn't count for you, does it? You're a nobody... :D:pac::D:pac:

Porklife, put it in writing to their Customer Service and on their Facebook or Twitter if you have accounts.

New Home wrote: »

^^^

Porklife, put it in writing to their Customer Service and on their Facebook or Twitter if you have accounts.

That is true!Most of what I post should be taken with a pinch of salt and a shot of vodka.

New Home wrote: »

^^^

Good idea New Home ..I'm not on Twitter and don't really use Facebook but what I'm thinking of doing is getting myself a town crier bell and sandwich board and parading down Grafton Street saying "hear ye...hear ye... Brown Thomas suck donkey balls!"
    That'll learn 'em!

TA that I drank beer this evening:/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭Be right back

Good idea New Home ..I'm not on Twitter and don't really use Facebook but what I'm thinking of doing is getting myself a town crier bell and sandwich board and parading down Grafton Street saying "hear ye...hear ye... Brown Thomas suck donkey balls!"
    That'll learn 'em!

TA that I drank beer this evening:/

That sounds good. Or Google reviews!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

TA my phobia of downward escalators,the ones with the steps. flat ones are fine.

ill usually go for the elevator or the stairs if they're available when faced with the downward steps.

ive no problem going up, but down i always think im gonna fall, they move so fast. especially the ones they have in dunnes for the upstairs departments, from a big height.

Robsweezie wrote: »
    TA my phobia of downward escalators,the ones with the steps. flat ones are fine.

ill usually go for the elevator or the stairs if they're available when faced with the downward steps.

ive no problem going up, but down i always think im gonna fall, they move so fast. especially the ones they have in dunnes for the upstairs departments, from a big height.

Have you been to Berlin? They don't start until you step on them. I almost toppled over so many times when I first moved there!

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

On the escalator topic, the handrail always is at a different speed setting to the steps/walkway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

I worked in Tesco for years on the till.I know the cuntomers you mean.

Whether deliberate or a typo, this is a work of genius! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

also TA those magnum ice creams that taste like coffee. rank.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,808 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Robsweezie wrote: »
    also TA those magnum ice creams that taste like coffee. rank.

Following from that, anything that tastes like coffee. Just no.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement