Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

232 days

• 23-07-2019 5:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭

232 Days
    19 Hours
    45 Minutes
    21 Seconds to Cheltenham

Just sayin...........................;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭WicklowBrave

232 Days
    19 Hours
    45 Minutes
    21 Seconds to Cheltenham

Just sayin...........................;)

I agree with you tbh Roger. This flat season has been atrocious. The July Cup, the Eclipse, the Irish Derby and Irish Oaks the only races I’ve watched since Royal Ascot and the Oaks I can barely even remember and it was 3 days ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

I agree with you tbh Roger. This flat season has been atrocious. The July Cup, the Eclipse, the Irish Derby and Irish Oaks the only races I’ve watched since Royal Ascot and the Oaks I can barely even remember and it was 3 days ago.

Roll on Bristol de Mai hacking up at Haydock and talk of the triple crown :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Seriously the flat is so dull.

Roll on September when Mark Howards book One Jump Ahead lands through my door.

Be interesting full season without Ruby also.

Can't wait to see what they do with Gypsy Island
    Have a feeling this one could be something very special

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

What are you backing next week Roger?

Do you fancy anything in the plate?

I am looking at Plate - Poker Party https://www.irishracing.com/card?race=Galway_Wed_31st_Jul_2019_7_20&prc=089&prd=201907311920

I reckon the hurdle - Play the Game https://www.irishracing.com/card?race=Galway_Thu_1st_Aug_2019_4_55&prc=089&prd=201908011655

• Advertisement

Ive backed Three Musketeers for the Plate in a hope Gordon can exploit his chase mark like he did over hurdles at Aintree on his first run for the yard.

20/1 ew

madmoose wrote: »
    Ive backed Three Musketeers for the Plate in a hope Gordon can exploit his chase mark like he did over hurdles at Aintree on his first run for the yard.

20/1 ew

Great shout. The fact remains you don't have to be a good chaser to win around Galway. There is still 2-3 furlongs to catch up after the last fence.

The race has thrown up some useful winners though, RTR and Balco de Flo, both good horses. Carlingford lough.

IAMAMORON wrote: »

I am looking at Plate - Poker Party https://www.irishracing.com/card?race=Galway_Wed_31st_Jul_2019_7_20&prc=089&prd=201907311920

I reckon the hurdle - Play the Game https://www.irishracing.com/card?race=Galway_Thu_1st_Aug_2019_4_55&prc=089&prd=201908011655

Way too early yet buddy
    Be interested to see how peregrine is treated
    Be Sunday before I will have a proper look

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Gardens of Babylon I reckon Roger. Good prep run there at killarney the last day and a nice price

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Gardens of Babylon I reckon Roger. Good prep run there at killarney the last day and a nice price

Classy type too
    Was rated similar to Sir Erec this time last year

• Advertisement

Sole Pretender in the hurdle worth a look Moron.
    Aimed at this i am told all year, Galway trainer etc.
    This is the race they want

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Hurdle looks a poor race, plate, im going to try not to assume Coney Island will sleuce up. Ill fail and go for him for sure as a class apart from these.

Will Peregrine run in the plate? Entered in both, it's Fahy's only entry in the hurdle I think

219 Days, 2 hours, 50 minutes, 32 seconds to cheltenham

Getting closer lads!!!

Nearly there now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Must be getting close enough, as im booking by flights accom and tickets to the November meeting htis week (first time going)

211 days
    3 hours
    25 minutes

#justsayin' :D

204 days lads!

Hey picachu, if you are reading this and rolling your eyes.......bite me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

125 days until Christmas.

Cant wait!!

197 Days
    19 hours
    52 minutes
    39 seconds to Cheltenham 2020

Getting there lads! Must buy a winter coat.........

An aul tweed jacket and flat cap with skinny pants up above the ankle #rightjob

• Advertisement

Andrew00 wrote: »
    An aul tweed jacket and flat cap with skinny pants up above the ankle #rightjob

No socks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

I think you need to get out a little more Roger :pac:

BumperD wrote: »
    I think you need to get out a little more Roger :pac:

I need to stay in more Bumper!

190 days
    18 hours
    39 minutes
    15 seconds till Gypsy Island sets off for its first run at Cheltenham.......

Up ya boy ya

184 Days
    0 hours
    24 minutes
    45 seconds to the best roar in world sport BAR NONE

:)

176 days
    19 hours
    43 minutes
    44 seconds
    to HEAVEN ON TURF!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

aidankkk wrote: »
    Must be getting close enough, as im booking by flights accom and tickets to the November meeting htis week (first time going)

Im heading to my tenth November meeting. Just going the Saturday this year. Fly to Birmingham Friday night, train to Cheltenham Saturday morning (50mins). Probably get dinner in town after racing before the train home. Ryanair flight back Sunday morning. Flights, hotel x 2nights and racecourse ticket for €250 a head. I even forked out for my Dad for Fathers Day ;)

Im heading to my tenth November meeting. Just going the Saturday this year. Fly to Birmingham Friday night, train to Cheltenham Saturday morning (50mins). Probably get dinner in town after racing before the train home. Ryanair flight back Sunday morning. Flights, hotel x 2nights and racecourse ticket for €250 a head. I even forked out for my Dad for Fathers Day ;)

Everyone came back from November meeting last year lumping on Lalor for the arkle........and Elixier da nutz for the supreme!
    Don't get sucked in again lads :D

• Advertisement

169 Days
    0 hours
    14 minutes
    31 seconds
    to The beginning of the best week in sport

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

169 Days
    0 hours
    14 minutes
    31 seconds
    to The beginning of the best week in sport

What pub do you watch it in Roger?

I want to go there in March and and watch you bounce around like a duracell bunny on speed as the roar goes up for the Supreme :D

Earendil wrote: »
    What pub do you watch it in Roger?

I want to go there in March and and watch you bounce around like a duracell bunny on speed as the roar goes up for the Supreme :D

Halfway House in Walkinstown buddy :)
    I have on occasion been known to venture further afield, and even went as far as Crumlin village on one occasion!

I was flat as a pancake for the supreme last year as i had loaded on Elixier da Nutz for 2 months before hand.....
    On the day I backed Fekir and that went out like a light early
    Didn't help that i had been all over Le Richbourg too for the Arkle ffs !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

Halfway House in Walkinstown buddy :)
    I have on occasion been known to venture further afield, and even went as far as Crumlin village on one occasion!

I was flat as a pancake for the supreme last year as i had loaded on Elixier da Nutz for 2 months before hand.....
    On the day I backed Fekir and that went out like a light early
    Didn't help that i had been all over Le Richbourg too for the Arkle ffs !!

AL Dancer for me. Up to the eyeballs. Also had €20 ew on Apples Jade for the CH @ 25/1 that I was a bit smug about.

Didn't help that I was at the festival for the first time, it pissed rain and there was at least one false start for the supreme if memory serves...which kind of ruined the roar I'd been dreaming about for years!!

155 Days
    2 Hours
    49 Minutes
    57 Seconds to Ed Chamberlain welcoming us to "the best week of the year" with a cheesy grin while Francesca Cumani stands next to him pretending to have some clue what the difference between a hurdle and a fence is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Second year in a row I won't be going :( will have to perch up on a barstool again this year :D

• Advertisement

When I started this it was nearly 240 days....
    we are the right side of 155 now......
    Time flies lads!

121 days, 3 hours, 40 minutes, 17 second............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

Nearly time to book the accommodation

Soon as Jan 2nd comes , straight into the boss.....look her in the eyes, show no sign of weakness and request, nay DEMAND that week off......
    Get it in writing and straight to Heatons for a piggybank!

We've a deadline in work.... my supervisor told me she included Christmas leave.... I nodded "What about March?" :D She knew!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

Soon as Jan 2nd comes , straight into the boss.....look her in the eyes, show no sign of weakness and request, nay DEMAND that week off......
    Get it in writing and straight to Heatons for a piggybank!

Don't you mean a wheelbarrow??

Anyone any interest in the Upping the Ante podcast? Always think they're a good listen if a bit cringe!

Anyone any interest in the Upping the Ante podcast? Always think they're a good listen if a bit cringe!

I saw an link for it on you tube. Antepost Cheltenham bets at this point are crazy. The only people who should be backing horses Ante Post for Cheltenham are direct connections to the horse who know for sure where it is running and what the plan is. You are just feeding the bookies dead money otherwise. The amount of shight talk that is going to happen in the next the 4 months, the last thing you need is to be listening to some overpaid chunt of an ex-radio DJ waffle on about a potential overpriced fancy for the Arkle. That is a phuckfest wrapped up in a total wafflefest = the biggest clusterphuckfest ever created. Most trainers don't even know themselves at this stage. You are basically feeding the bookies with free money. Don't do it.

Maybe, just maybe, you might get lucky having a wild stab at a handicapper on Betfair for one of the handicaps at 936.3/1. I am delighted for ya if that gets through. But without having direct knowledge of where the horse is being targeted you may as well give the money away. There is simply no value in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

I do listen to them but think anyone backing AP without nrnb is wasting money the prices don’t contract that much best wait for nrnb. I used to have stabs in dark ap years ago mostly on flat for following year classics, any that ran the prices were no lower, most never made it ie not profitable.

They pulled a few winners last year and a few near misses. The lad on the left ( quieter dude) forget his name does a bit too much after timing at times last year, this year at least he conceded a few holes in the wallet from 2019 :)

Personally never back AP without NRNB, I just like the listens, get some ideas and also their fancies for the weekend coming.

If a fair price i only mainly back the any race market eachway with Hills, tend to only be 14/1 plus at this stage for a few stabs.

Rog, is this going to be the " General Cheltenham rumours, waffles and bullshightfest" that occurs every year, or is there going to be another one opened for that sooner or later?

Just in case there isn't one, I am saying now that I really fancy Ex Patriot for one of the big handicaps. If anyone has Ellmarie Holden's mobile would you send it on to me in a PM? I would just like to see where she is thinking about entering him at the moment, or if she is waiting for Fairyhouse or Punchestown.

Thanks.

Loads of value to be had ap.

Sire Du Berlais. The Storyteller. Rathvinden. Don Cossack. Jezki. Presenting Percy (Pertemps) just some of mine I can think of off the top of my head while I'm on the bus.

Dallas Des Pictons was another of mine from last year. Went off 7/2 when backed at double figures, finished second.

Some risks involved but never think there's no value. Foolish.

Penhill no doubt being plotted again for Cheltenham... hopefully he makes it this year.

If Paisley Park gets there again in the same form as last year he'll be hard to beat.

• Advertisement
Advertisement