Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Gamestop Switch 1.1 Trade In Offer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,845 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

skerry wrote: »
    List of games that are not compatible with cloud save transfer in link below. Splatoon is only one that affects me but I've only about 10 or 15 hrs played so no big deal there. Dark Souls is on there too for anyone who has a good few hours logged. Only got my console in December but I'm happy to sacrifice my few hrs Splatoon progress for a brand new one with 40% more battery life and fresh warranty for 30 quid.

https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/41267/~/which-nintendo-switch-titles-are-compatible-with-save-data-cloud-backup%3F

It is a bit ridiculous for Nintendo not to have any alternative option for transferring saves for the games listed though.

Only FIFA 18 on that list for me and I don't play it anymore so I'm ok to trade up.

Main reason for me is there is a small amount of "wobble" between the console and JoyCon when playing in handheld mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

wong wrote: »
    When does the promotion start do ye know?

Starts Friday AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Aokay wrote: »
    Went into Gamestop again to enquire more about the Switch trade in deal and it turns out you wont get the €300 back in cash but in Gamestop credit meaning you will have to spend all that money in the store. So it's either have €300 Gamestop credit or get the new Switch without doing a system transfer and relying on the cloud saves.

Threw a bit of a spanner in the works for me, not sure if I'll do it now.

Jaysus - that's a game changer alright :/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

It's already up

https://www.gamestop.ie/monthly-deals

Get 50% extra trade credit when you trade against a switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I have a bad feeling I threw my Switch Box out as part of a recent attic clear out.

Is it definitely needed? dont think it was required going from my XB1 to XB1S

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,161 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Didn't think Gamestop need the boxes when trading in. The definitely said they don't need it when I traded up my OG Xbox a while back.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Didn't think Gamestop need the boxes when trading in. The definitely said they don't need it when I traded up my OG Xbox a while back.

I replaced my joycon shells with gold ones, will i need to undo that?

I replaced my joycon shells with gold ones, will i need to undo that?

If you want to keep them they'd probably swap them with the joycons off the new one.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    If you want to keep them they'd probably swap them with the joycons off the new one.

I'd prefer the new ones...

I'd prefer the new ones...

Then you'll most likely need to take off the gold casing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

What to do?

I don't really need the extra battery life as although I play in portable mode, I do it at home.

That said the extra battery life and fresh joycons etc. would be nice.

Would need to buy another Orzy screen protector which is about €10 and then €30 for the upgrade.

Not sure I could be bothered.

What are the chances of an updated "pro" Switch coming? Might be better to sit tight for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Do you arrange/book the deal now or wait until 20th?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

What to do?

I don't really need the extra battery life as although I play in portable mode, I do it at home.

That said the extra battery life and fresh joycons etc. would be nice.

Would need to buy another Orzy screen protector which is about €10 and then €30 for the upgrade.

Not sure I could be bothered.

What are the chances of an updated "pro" Switch coming? Might be better to sit tight for now.

Going to go with it, although I have just bought new joycons .....

Mostly play on the commute so the extra battery is invaluable

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I was away for the weekend, and only seeing this promo now.
    So if I bring in my Switch, They'll give me €300 credit or cash and I can buy the new version?
    I have around 20 smaller games I bought from eshop, I don't get the cloud vs system transfer.
    I am guessing if I bring my current switch in for the promotion, then I wouldn't be able to do a system transfer, is that correct? Or can I use a micro SD? :confused:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Suckit wrote: »
    I was away for the weekend, and only seeing this promo now.
    So if I bring in my Switch, They'll give me €300 credit or cash and I can buy the new version?
    I have around €20 smaller games I bought from eshop, I don't get the cloud vs system transfer.
    I am guessing if I bring my current switch in for the promotion, then I wouldn't be able to do a system transfer, is that correct? Or can I use a micro SD? :confused:

I think the digital games are tied to your account so if you de-register your Switch and then wipe it and then log-in on the new Switch, you'll be able to re-download the games. You'll lose the save data though.

Rhyme wrote: »
    I think the digital games are tied to your account so if you de-register your Switch and then wipe it and then log-in on the new Switch, you'll be able to re-download the games. You'll lose the save data though.

Ah great.. :)
    I don't mind losing the save data, It just means I'll have to play/start them again :)

Don't know why I said €20 smaller games, I meant 20 - Just counted them there, there is 43.. :eek: Very easy to build up a library of games.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,768 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Not fussed on Save Data I'm either not far enough into a game or finished it that it doesn't matter. But I have the free online from Twitch Prime so can transfer whatever will move.

Not fussed on Save Data I'm either not far enough into a game or finished it that it doesn't matter. But I have the free online from Twitch Prime so can transfer whatever will move.

I remember seeing an offer for that or something about it. What is it exactly?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Ah great.. :)
    I don't mind losing the save data, It just means I'll have to play/start them again :)

Don't know why I said €20 smaller games, I meant 20 - Just counted them there, there is 43.. :eek: Very easy to build up a library of games.

I did the same the other day, I wrote out the names of all my digital purchases in case any records are lost and I have to go through the eShop to find them all manually. Surprised that I had to go on to a second page when transcribing.

Some real quality games that I've not finished in the list and some real pieces of crap that I have.

I remember seeing an offer for that or something about it. What is it exactly?

I had Amazon Prime so got free Twitch Prime, there is an offer for 3 months free Nintendo Online as a Twitch prime Promo. After 3 months you can get another 9 months so it is 12 overall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Could I just go back in and get the 300 and not buy the new Switch or do you have to?

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Could I just go back in and get the 300 and not buy the new Switch or do you have to?

You'll get store credit instead.

SMC92Ian wrote: »

What do you mean?

You're only getting the 50% extra for trading for the switch

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

If you have an unwanted switch, or one you bought 5 minutes ago for 200, 300 smackers is a nice price.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Unless someone here is currently employed by GameStop everything said is hearsay, go into your local branch tomorrow and ask what is this deal and how does it work. Otherwise you're setting yourselves up to buy a black and white donkey rather than a Zebra, looks the same but it's just a plain old burro in a fancy suit.

It's on there website if you are buying the new switch from them you get a 50% boost on your trade in but it's in store credit. They currently give 200 for a switch so that boosts to 300 so the new one costs €30.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Unless someone here is currently employed by GameStop everything said is hearsay, go into your local branch tomorrow and ask what is this deal and how does it work. Otherwise you're setting yourselves up to buy a black and white donkey rather than a Zebra, looks the same but it's just a plain old burro in a fancy suit.

I don't work for GameStop, but that may all change when I go in tomorrow and show them my sterling work on this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

haha your tell them Banjo.

So the kicker for me is the new screen going to feel inferior, same or better than the original one. Cant get definitive answer on this part so far, seen videos. Seems like original one is still much brighter, nicer etc..

Also when must we preorder by if going for this deal? cutoff date.

Tempted for battery, hesitant due to screen

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Banjo wrote: »
    I don't work for GameStop, but that may all change when I go in tomorrow and show them my sterling work on this thread!

Sterling is taking a hammering tonight so let's hope your efforts are rewarded tomorrow Mr Nook you'll fit right in thanks much ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Banjo wrote: »

Trying to picture the sale clerk’s response when you ask them how much trade-in for a banjo...

Advertisement