Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Gamestop Switch 1.1 Trade In Offer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Was onto Gamestop there. They said they run a deposit system. For example, I pay €50 today and they will reserve the new Switch due out in 2 days. I then have 2 days to collect it. I can then pay off the balance of €280 through any number of transactions between now and Christmas.
    This doesn't sound right to me.
    Does anyone have experience of this deposit scheme?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,550 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

gandalfio wrote: »
    Was onto Gamestop there. They said they run a deposit system. For example, I pay €50 today and they will reserve the new Switch due out in 2 days. I then have 2 days to collect it. I can then pay off the balance of €280 through any number of transactions between now and Christmas.
    Yeah, they have it a bit backwards though.

It's €50 to preorder, then you can pay off the rest of the balance in installments up to the release of the console.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,789 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Prob the guy had no clue but they might have started flexipay. I think Harvey Norman do a similar thing. It's interest free if you pay it off in 6 months.

Prob the guy had no clue but they might have started flexipay. I think Harvey Norman do a similar thing. It's interest free if you pay it off in 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

That's it, deposit down, trade in against 1.1 on Friday.

Threw up a few games for trade in quotes.

40c for starlink!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,473 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

40c! Wow. Normally they sell 2nd hand games for about double the trade in value. Doubt that it'll be going for 80c though.

They'll probably mark it up to €20. :pac:

For 40c I'd rather give it to a charity shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

How much is the extra seat on the bus to carry in all the plastic ship parts going to cost you???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

You'll get store credit instead.

I don't shop in Gamestop, rip off I'd want cash, I only go their to take advantage of their deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,902 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    I don't shop in Gamestop, rip off I'd want cash, I only go their to take advantage of their deals.

What you want and what you get are two different things. If you want cash for your Switch you can always go to CEX or sell on Adverts.

• Advertisement

probably would have jumped to 80c if I said I'd binned the toys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

So if you have Nintendo Online and no games that cannot be saved in the cloud it's only a case of factory resetting the old Switch on trade in and then login to the new one and download everything?

Tempted to pop into my nearest one tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭shanec1928

So if you have Nintendo Online and no games that cannot be saved in the cloud it's only a case of factory resetting the old Switch on trade in and then login to the new one and download everything?

It’s not out till Friday to save ya a trip tomorrow

shanec1928 wrote: »

That's something I'm wondering, is this deal only for pre-order and so should I order tomorrow for pickup on Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

shanec1928 wrote: »

That's something I'm wondering, is this deal only for pre-order and so should I order tomorrow for pickup on Friday?

I was told it's pre order only

Website just says it's the sept offer. Maybe to secure it you'll need a pre order as i think this will be popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

If I go in to GS tomorrow to preorder, am I right in thinking that I don't need my own switch with me until Friday?

sweetie wrote:
    If I go in to GS tomorrow to preorder, am I right in thinking that I don't need my own switch with me until Friday?

Yup. That's what I did today.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

sweetie wrote: »

I was told I had to have it with me in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

naughtb4 wrote: »
    I was told I had to have it with me in advance

balls, well I guess i'll see. Can try at least a couple of stores.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

I think you'll need to de-register any accounts you have from your old Switch also and then re-register them on the new console once you get it. Account can only be registered to one console at a time as far as I know.

Was in GameStop Parkway Limerick and told the updated Switch has been delayed and they won't get stock until Tuesday or Wednesday next week.

Stuck a deposit down for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

fixxxer wrote: »
    Same :(

Argos, Smyth and Gamestop don't seem to sell singles any more. CeX do sell singles, but for €50.

I think Hori do one for around €20

https://www.hagglezon.com/en/s/joy%20con

Sorry to bring up the GS offer again, but I'm a bit confused. Is it worth it - Do I only get store credit, or definitely get a switch preorder?

I bring my Switch (looks almost brand new, with box etc) to GS and give them €30.
    Then I will get a new version with better battery and (better joy-cons?) and different screen?
    And I can wipe my Switch and sign in on the new switch and get all of my games back?

Do I need to remember which country I purchased the games from?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Prices depends on colour and whether it's a right or left joy-con in CeX, oddly the rights seem to be more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Was in GameStop Parkway Limerick and told the updated Switch has been delayed and they won't get stock until Tuesday or Wednesday next week.

Stuck a deposit down for one.

Gamestop blanch saying the same thing - could turn up tomorrow but probably not.

Suckit wrote: »
    I think Hori do one for around €20

https://www.hagglezon.com/en/s/joy%20con

Sorry to bring up the GS offer again, but I'm a bit confused. Is it worth it - Do I only get store credit, or definitely get a switch preorder?

I bring my Switch (looks almost brand new, with box etc) to GS and give them €30.
    Then I will get a new version with better battery and (better joy-cons?) and different screen?
    And I can wipe my Switch and sign in on the new switch and get all of my games back?

Do I need to remember which country I purchased the games from?

You put 30 deposit on new switch - you trade in old switch for 300 credit, then use that against new switch. in reality its heres 30 plus my old switch and walk out the door with new one.

wipe switch in advance, remove device as primary console before you go in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Gamestop blanch saying the same thing - could turn up tomorrow but probably not.

Definitely won't be turning up tomorrow.

They are expecting them in next Tuesday at the earliest and they will ring any one with pre order as soon as they have a definitive delivery date.

Also, pre orders will be assigned in the order the pre order was placed so people who pre ordered earlier, will have a better chance of getting the first ones in unless there are cancelations

That's pretty fair.

Lads, don't go wiping your console for tomorrow because they definitely won't have the delivery.

Also, make sure you have a decent charge on your console as it will save time testing it as one of the main tests is to see if it's holding a charge. :D

Grassey wrote: »
    wipe switch in advance, remove device as primary console before you go in.

FYI in case some don't realise but from my reading the Switch needs to be connected to the internet in order to deregister it from your account as part of initialising it. Makes complete sense but something to watch out for.

I reckon I'll wipe when I get the call and setup a test account for them not linked to mine so they can test it out for themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Cdkeys selling Nintendo online subscription for €16.50 for anyone in the market.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

amadablam wrote: »
    Definitely won't be turning up tomorrow.

They are expecting them in next Tuesday at the earliest and they will ring any one with pre order as soon as they have a definitive delivery date.

Also, pre orders will be assigned in the order the pre order was placed so people who pre ordered earlier, will have a better chance of getting the first ones in unless there are cancelations

That's pretty fair.

Lads, don't go wiping your console for tomorrow because they definitely won't have the delivery.

Also, make sure you have a decent charge on your console as it will save time testing it as one of the main tests is to see if it's holding a charge. :D

Update Pre order delivery date now listed as 13/09/19 for Gamestop so looks like next Friday the 13th :D

JtjmuxV.jpg

Advertisement