Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Gamestop Switch 1.1 Trade In Offer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Yeah, the digital foundry review showed that and it was very off-putting to me. It has a redish/ pink tinge. In-game I didn't notice it, but in white menus, it is very noticeable.

Ohhh that's a game-changer. Would really put me off, especially as I play mostly undocked at home. Could end up being like the Vita where the launch version with the OLED screen was the one you wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,473 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Registered Users Posts: 7,789 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

A USB Type C power bank might be a better solution

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

A USB Type C power bank might be a better solution

Speaking of, anyone recommend a decent power bank?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B071JWNQ8Y/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A2PGPJL0BBLHLX&psc=1

Looking at the Anker PowerCore 20100 PD, seems to be getting good reviews.
    Will need to order through Address Pal though it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Watched the below YouTube video on the screen thing. He mentioned the change and had a guy in to test the screen who would be in the know about these things. The tests in this vid concluded that while the new screen is brighter and while it is also warmer, it is more accurate than the previous screen in portraying the game colours as the devs intended. Also seen videos on variation in screens even across the current model Switch.

Embedding didn't seem to work from my phone there. Link below
    https://youtu.be/dwHZ7Sz1-wY

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭shanec1928

wong wrote: »

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B071JWNQ8Y/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A2PGPJL0BBLHLX&psc=1

take a look on my memory.ie before you buy. i got my anker power bank from there at a good price and no messing with address forwarders.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,550 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

For embedding you only need the part of the url after the domain.

Cheers dude, tiny baby in one hand here and phone in the other :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,550 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

skerry wrote: »
    Cheers dude, tiny baby in one hand here and phone in the other :)

No problem, flummoxed me for a while too.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,183 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I ordered one through addresspal last week, no issues. Was roughly £15 cheaper then though!

• Advertisement

Did you order the same one yeah?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,183 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Did you order the same one yeah?

Actually no, now I look it was this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00VJSGT2A/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Yeah that one doesn't seem to come with the Power Delivery that I'm looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

I've been using this one since launch and have found it great (actually have two):
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B016DA61V2/

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭pedatron

Hoping to buy a new model switch in the coming weeks. Very hard to know where to look or go for the best deal. I'd consider myself OK to root out a decent deal but can't find anything that appeals to me with these! Wary about online as you aren't sure about which model they'll send you. I feel like the brick and mortar stores are lacking in any value at all then. Any tips or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

So no point in getting it if you never used handheld I guess.

ionapaul wrote: »
    Civilization 6 on sale in Argos right now, if anyone was waiting...

I couldn't wait and bought it a few weeks ago. Lots to learn as im new to civ games but i like it. Nice pace for a switch game.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Aokay

Went into Gamestop again to enquire more about the Switch trade in deal and it turns out you wont get the €300 back in cash but in Gamestop credit meaning you will have to spend all that money in the store. So it's either have €300 Gamestop credit or get the new Switch without doing a system transfer and relying on the cloud saves.

Threw a bit of a spanner in the works for me, not sure if I'll do it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,473 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

af9853e711654c613a774d1bfeeaa01b45549c37fa543fa36c3946481006b634.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

If you have Nintendo online most games upload your saves to cloud i for one will definitely getting the upgrade

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Aokay

It may depend on the discretion of the clerk in the store because I did go to two separate Gamestops and I'm pretty sure the first guy said cash but at that point the deal was very new so he might not have looked at the fine print. It did seem a little too good to be true, though.
    May be worth checking for yourselves.

It sounds like an awful lot of hassle. What would happen if your Switch just broke. Surely you can log in on a new one and get your purchased games.

Think I'll just grab a battery pack. Argos have one for around €36.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭shanec1928

sugarman wrote: »
    Bizzare. Cant see many / if any taking them up on that.
    it works for me perfect. only have my second switch two months and the two games i have so far all have cloud saves.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,903 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

It sounds like an awful lot of hassle. What would happen if your Switch just broke. Surely you can log in on a new one and get your purchased games.

Think I'll just grab a battery pack. Argos have one for around €36.

Its a cheap way of getting a brand new two year warranty for anyone who bought day one. I know our consumer rights protect us for longer than that but still handy.

What's the point of the cloud saves if you have to do all that faffing with a console transfer?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

You dont, unless you didn't subscribe to the online service in which case you don't have cloud saves and a system transfer is your only way to move data.

fixxxer wrote: »
    You dont, unless you didn't subscribe to the online service in which case you don't have cloud saves and a system transfer is your only way to move data.

Ah right, that's what I was asking pretty much. So if you have an online sub you don't have to worry about that aspect if you decide to trade up?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,903 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Ah right, that's what I was asking pretty much. So if you have an online sub you don't have to worry about that aspect if you decide to trade up?

Some games don't allow you to back up your save to the cloud. Splatoon is one, not sure what others though.

List of games that are not compatible with cloud save transfer in link below. Splatoon is only one that affects me but I've only about 10 or 15 hrs played so no big deal there. Dark Souls is on there too for anyone who has a good few hours logged. Only got my console in December but I'm happy to sacrifice my few hrs Splatoon progress for a brand new one with 40% more battery life and fresh warranty for 30 quid.

https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/41267/~/which-nintendo-switch-titles-are-compatible-with-save-data-cloud-backup%3F

It is a bit ridiculous for Nintendo not to have any alternative option for transferring saves for the games listed though.

• Advertisement

When does the promotion start do ye know?

Advertisement