Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

KKV please don't kill the poor little rat :(

TA that I have loads of jobs to do around the flat and I have to do them but my back is in bits. Painkillers, ice or heat pack and deep heat before I get started I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,077 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

All this rat chat has me freaked out. Can’t stand them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Teeny bopper radio stations. How do people listen to nightclub music early in the morning?
    January, the longest month ever. Feels like Christmas was about 2 years ago.
    Text speak. It has got to a stage now where I just delete a message if I see it. It hurts my eyes trying to read it.

When you listen to dance music as much as me, it's not nightclub music anymore! I often listen to it in the mornings and it energises me. On these cold dark mornings it makes me hopeful for warmer days :)

+1 on the text speak. I can't bear to look at it and skip past any posts on Boards where someone is using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

When yer man Tony Connolly is on the news reporting from Brussels with very important stuff I should be listening to, all I think of is how much traffic there is on the road behind him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

When you listen to dance music as much as me, it's not nightclub music anymore! I often listen to it in the mornings and it energises me. On these cold dark mornings it makes me hopeful for warmer days :)

+1 on the text speak. I can't bear to look at it and skip past any posts on Boards where someone is using it.

I listen to it too, but not in the morning. I have talk radio on, very low.
    Another annoyance for today. Any Northern Ireland person on any interview on TV or radio, says the words "noy" "communiddy" and "sitchyachun" several times.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Is it just me or are the clouds moving in the wrong direction and moving too fast?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,077 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Is it just me or are the clouds moving in the wrong direction and moving too fast?

No chance of me going out there to check. No chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Hysterical laughing or guffawing - it can't be THAT funny. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Having to rush to get the bus if I want to make college at all today.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,403 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Got our boiler replaced yesterday and the entire system drained, cleaned, bled and balanced.

Came home last night to find the old boiler just sitting in the front garden and the kitchen and hall radiators haven't worked since :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I washed my hands and some water dripped onto my sleeve and now it's damp and cold and it keeps touching my wrist and lower arm and it's bothering me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

New Home wrote:
    I washed my hands and some water dripped onto my sleeve and now it's damp and cold and it keeps touching my wrist and lower arm and it's bothering me.

Moist...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Damn you!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

TA I have just spent ages looking at The Brightest Stars of the 80s, where are they and what do they look like now. I wanted to stop clicking next but I couldn't. It was like being sucked into a never ending wormhole of nostalgia that I didn't want to leave :(

TA that you didn't include a link.

Rural Ireland’s public transport

I'm on a particular Go Ahead Bus in Dublin Southwest, at the back on the lower deck, nice & comfy.
    Bus stops, and picks up a bunch of adult passengers, middle aged...

...well the look of COLLECTIVE MISERY on all of their faces, like they should all get a medal for their woes, yes it's a little bit cold but that's all!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Rural Ireland’s public transport

What public transport?

New Home wrote: »
    TA that you didn't include a link.

TA that I wouldn't have a clue how to do that :(

• Advertisement

RMAOK wrote: »
    What public transport?

Good point

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    TA that I wouldn't have a clue how to do that :(

Copy the url from the address bar and paste it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

I'm on a particular Go Ahead Bus in Dublin Southwest, at the back on the lower deck, nice & comfy.
    Bus stops, and picks up a bunch of adult passengers, middle aged...

...well the look of COLLECTIVE MISERY on all of their faces, like they should all get a medal for their woes, yes it's a little bit cold but that's all!

You'd think people would be used to it by now. It's cold and dark at this time of the year EVERY year. If you had the proper clothes on, you wouldn't be cold.

http://misspennystocks.com/trending/brightest-stars-eighties-now/84/

Wooooo!!

New Home you have revolutionised my life :)

TA that I'm blind in one eye and the pain of a migraine has started to ramp up and my scalp has started prickling like it's being needled, but I have to go get on a (thankfully short) flight for work and still make sense and stuff when I get off at the other end.

If there really is a God, I think she hates me - which is mean, because I've had nothing but good things to say about her. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Snow

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Sandz_066

Deli staff that put the salad in after the hot chicken in the roll.
    Complete mess.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Sandz_066 wrote: »
    Deli staff that put the salad in after the hot chicken in the roll.
    Complete mess.

That's the proper way to do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Sandz_066

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    That's the proper way to do it!

Course not...everything just falls out !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

Ggaaaahhhh the repetitive "It's so cold/will it snow?" conversation I've had with every single colleague and client today.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement