Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Know exactly what I need to be working on this week. Spoke to my boss on Friday and said I would have a great run at it while he was on leave this week.
    Came in this morning focused with the task in mind. Have spent all morning, and will be afternoon too, working on a number of 'urgent' small tasks that must all be done by close of business.
    Tell them to feck off I hear you say, but they were all from my boss on Friday evening as he was finishing up and didn't get to them before he went on leave :mad:

The Incompetent fool poochie :mad:!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

TA - I want to listen to about 842397523485 songs all at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

People taking pictures of their partners “asleep” on the sofa while cuddling either their child or dog and posting captions like “awww” or “too cute”. We know you’re not asleep Dave. You can stop pretending you’re a pretty sleeper now. We also know you more than likely have the dog in some kind of chokehold to keep him in that position. Pretty sure I can see his eyes bulging from his head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Have the fear. Feeling lonely and missing my missus. Someone hold me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

People talking so loudly that I can't hear myself think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Succubus_ wrote: »
    *Virtual hugs* :)

Paddy Cow wrote: »

Aww thank you Paddy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,105 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Holding your hand x

• Registered Users Posts: 21,846 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

As my granddaughters say Cleo , group hug from all of us , if you ever want to chat feel free :)x

• Registered Users Posts: 8,310 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Feisar wrote: »
    Made a tit of myself in Stanstead airport last week.

Went through security and went to the wrong side to pick up my belongings. Was there for 10 mins like a clown till it dawned on me, tiredness.

I did the same thing once and also coincidentally in Stansted airport. I went to the wrong baggage carousel and waited there until the rack was empty but no sign of my suitcase. I turned by head to see my suitcase going around in circles in a baggage carousel further up. Wasted best part of an hour. Total tit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I'll hold you and hug you until you fall asleep :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Aww thank you Paddy :)
    iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Holding your hand x
    Mam of 4 wrote: »
    As my granddaughters say Cleo , group hug from all of us , if you ever want to chat feel free :)x
    Autosport wrote: »
    AH gets a bad rap at times but it's not such a bad place. I know we're only usernames on a forum but there's lot of people rooting for you here Succubus if you ever feel lonely ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

May be you should send your missus a little text? Showing off your incredible german knowledge? :)

Hallo mein Schatz. Fühle mich einsam ohne dich. Bussi auf‘s Bauchi bis die Seele piept.

Hi my sweetheart. Feeling lonely without you. Kiss onto your belly till your soul is squeaking.(...of joy/pleasure)

Please report her reaction in the TH thread.:D

Otherwise i’m a hug hoarder so i can offer you a ...

***second hand...long distance hug*** :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭mikemac2

There is a person in the office with a persistent cough, I don't care as it doesn't bother me. There are a few angry typers also, ah every office has them. Not an issue for me.

My TA is my assistant manager who sits beside me plays the martyr. Everytime the guy coughs she starts cursing under her breath. Her reaction is more extreme than the guy just coughing. Sometime she loudly imitates him.

She also turns around and mutters about people typing loudly. I was chatting over instant messenger to someone and it wasn't banter, actually it was about work handover and I was told to stop. I must stop not because I was doing anything wrong but the other person was typing loudly.

Oh her life must be a misery :/ Letting everything upset her.

Her reaction is more of a TA then the people just existing in an office.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    I’ll get him to look at all that once he brings it home, thanks :)

It’s a VW Polo

Someone around this shape?
    vw_polo_tdi_05_sil.jpg

Fwiw, I had to change the ABS pump in one. Every so often, no brakes... Couldn't find a problem - or a light - so I took it for a spin and absolutely buried the brakes, forcing the ABS into action. For this little Polo, the motor did its thing, but then I'd no brakes after. I figured the valve to the expansion chamber was sticking open, allowing brake pressure away from the brakes.
    New pump, driving happily since.

I also buried the brakes on a Megane before, only to have the wheels lock completely and remain locked for 30 seconds after.
    That one got a pump fairly feckin quick...

Also changed one on a Vitara for no brakes at all. No leaks, no expanding pipes, yet no pedal.

TLDR; ABS pumps are actually marvellously adept at ****ing up in ways that don't generate any fault lights :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Someone around this shape?
    vw_polo_tdi_05_sil.jpg

Fwiw, I had to change the ABS pump in one. Every so often, no brakes... Couldn't find a problem - or a light - so I took it for a spin and absolutely buried the brakes, forcing the ABS into action. For this little Polo, the motor did its thing, but then I'd no brakes after. I figured the valve to the expansion chamber was sticking open, allowing brake pressure away from the brakes.
    New pump, driving happily since.

I also buried the brakes on a Megane before, only to have the wheels lock completely and remain locked for 30 seconds after.
    That one got a pump fairly feckin quick...

Also changed one on a Vitara for no brakes at all. No leaks, no expanding pipes, yet no pedal.

TLDR; ABS pumps are actually marvellously adept at ****ing up in ways that don't generate any fault lights :o

No, it’s the newer shape one. Got it towed home earlier so we’ll see what the craic is tomorrow if he’s had a chance to have a look at it. I knew there was something wrong though, since Friday on and off I was getting a bit of kickback (if that makes sense) off the brake pedal if I hit it hard enough. Happened this morning on my way to college, and then when I got to the city, hardly any brakes at all

EDIT: my mam (And I learned to drive in it) had one that shape and the brakes used to make the most terrible squeaking noise and no mechanic could ever find a reason for it. Think I should stay away from Polos in the future :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

More than TA at this b1tch of a sore throat I’ve had since last Saturday! Not Saturday gone by, the one before it!
    Was at doc Tuesday and only one tablet left of my antibiotic to take tonight.... still feel crocked! :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

TA for Frost and ice on the roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I think my cold has mutated into a sinus infection. Either that or there is something stuck up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

The bus driver didn’t stop at the bus stop near my house so I had to walk all the way up through town

• Advertisement

The partial loss of vision in my right eye that I know is heralding a humdinger of a migraine. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    No, it’s the newer shape one. Got it towed home earlier so we’ll see what the craic is tomorrow if he’s had a chance to have a look at it. I knew there was something wrong though, since Friday on and off I was getting a bit of kickback (if that makes sense) off the brake pedal if I hit it hard enough. Happened this morning on my way to college, and then when I got to the city, hardly any brakes at all

EDIT: my mam (And I learned to drive in it) had one that shape and the brakes used to make the most terrible squeaking noise and no mechanic could ever find a reason for it. Think I should stay away from Polos in the future :pac:

Aye, brakes are a bit important alright. If a car comes to a stop, big deal, get yer atin' off the customer, be sorry, fix it, etc etc.
    If a car doesn't come to a stop....
    Ah they're not much worse than any other car tbh. Granted the older shape had an appetite for it's own exhaust valves...
    Might only be a rear cylinder giving out :o
    Candie wrote: »
    The partial loss of vision in my right eye that I know is heralding a humdinger of a migraine. :(

****ers. Hate em. And you literally cannot work with one. The roaring compressor, the clattering hammers and air tools, the fuel vapours and exhaust fumes, the high powered led workshop lighting. All part and parcel of a day's work but with a migraine? Forget it..
    Tried pushing through one day only to black out for a split second and puke all over the hot engine bay I was working over :o

There's only one thing I hate more...
    "Shur I get headaches and I work away with them"...

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Holding your hand x
    Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Autosport wrote: »
    May be you should send your missus a little text? Showing off your incredible german knowledge? :)

Hallo mein Schatz. Fühle mich einsam ohne dich. Bussi auf‘s Bauchi bis die Seele piept.

Hi my sweetheart. Feeling lonely without you. Kiss onto your belly till your soul is squeaking.(...of joy/pleasure)

Please report her reaction in the TH thread.:D

Otherwise i’m a hug hoarder so i can offer you a ...

***second hand...long distance hug*** :D

Thank you so much for all of the love and the virtual hugs. I'm feeling very loved now, though maybe that's just because I can see Auto waving in at me through the window :pac: Ye are a bunch of lovely kind ladies :)

@Black Forest, I always call my wife mein schatz :) but I've never used that phrase about kissing her belly until her soul is squeaking so I'll give it a go tomorrow and see how she reacts :D

I have a rat in the house. Coming into a downstairs bathroom sink vanity cabinet. He comes in through a pipe he gnawed at, and then climbs into the cabinet, where he is stuck inside as the only way out is back out the drain he came in. So he sh'tes everywhere and leaves. I bought a 'one-way door' for the drains that I'm waiting to arrive from amazon (hopefully tomorrow) which will ultimately lock him out of our drains altogether.

Whilst I'm waiting for that, at the persistence of others, I've purchased a rat trap to catch him (personally I'm against catching him - I reckon, seen as he's locked away in a cabinet anytime he enters the house, that I should just leave him alone until he gets locked out when the drain door comes).

I know rats get a bad reputation, but at the end of the day, he's just doing what a rat does. It's not like he has a personal grudge against me.

Anyhow, he is obviously clued into how a rat trap works. The trap has been set and triggered not once, but twice, since it was installed. Both times I not only didn't get even a bit of his hair caught in it, but he ate the peanut butter bait on both occasions. I can almost sense him laughing at me.

I've moved the trap a little bit and set it a third time. If he triggers it a third time without getting caught, and eats my bait, I think I might actually be proud of him. Still annoying the life out of me that he has managed to escape twice though. €10 i'll never get back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Aww, hope you're feeling a bit brighter. Lots of friends on here, sure you're the life and soul of this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,572 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Lady in work telling me I look tired/sick this morning. Oh great thanks. Good to know that my new skincare regime is working then. FML.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Teeny bopper radio stations. How do people listen to nightclub music early in the morning?
    January, the longest month ever. Feels like Christmas was about 2 years ago.
    Text speak. It has got to a stage now where I just delete a message if I see it. It hurts my eyes trying to read it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,105 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I have a rat in the house. Coming into a downstairs bathroom sink vanity cabinet.

ck.

lavender or peppermint oil on a cotton ball will annoy him.They hate the smell so he might just go elsewhere

I have a rat in the house. Coming into a downstairs bathroom sink vanity cabinet. He comes in through a pipe he gnawed at, and then climbs into the cabinet, where he is stuck inside as the only way out is back out the drain he came in. So he sh'tes everywhere and leaves. I bought a 'one-way door' for the drains that I'm waiting to arrive from amazon (hopefully tomorrow) which will ultimately lock him out of our drains altogether.

Whilst I'm waiting for that, at the persistence of others, I've purchased a rat trap to catch him (personally I'm against catching him - I reckon, seen as he's locked away in a cabinet anytime he enters the house, that I should just leave him alone until he gets locked out when the drain door comes).

I know rats get a bad reputation, but at the end of the day, he's just doing what a rat does. It's not like he has a personal grudge against me.

Anyhow, he is obviously clued into how a rat trap works. The trap has been set and triggered not once, but twice, since it was installed. Both times I not only didn't get even a bit of his hair caught in it, but he ate the peanut butter bait on both occasions. I can almost sense him laughing at me.

I've moved the trap a little bit and set it a third time. If he triggers it a third time without getting caught, and eats my bait, I think I might actually be proud of him. Still annoying the life out of me that he has managed to escape twice though. €10 i'll never get back.

I'm really rooting for this little guy now! Hopefully the peppermint oil will disgust him so much that he leaves, I feel like he's already beaten death twice :D

madmaggie wrote: »
    Aww, hope you're feeling a bit brighter. Lots of friends on here, sure you're the life and soul of this thread.

This really made me smile maggie, thank you, a lovely thing to say :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

People who takes ages at Dublin bikes terminals. Sometimes the difference between walking and cycling around Dublin is marginal time wise and if takes someone a couple of minutes to get themselves organised it negates the point for me!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement