Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Ggaaaahhhh the repetitive "It's so cold/will it snow?" conversation I've had with every single colleague and client today.

That's gets fierce annoying very quickly :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

I got paid yesterday for the first time since the 14th December and basically 75% of wages are accounted for for rent, bills and money I owe to my parents who helped me through the past 2 weeks of being a peasant!

TA that it’ll take me another month or two to catch my tail financially. January is the bleakest :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,401 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Ah, it's time for the twice-yearly loaves and fishes nonsense of trying to assign rugby tickets to 52 people, all of whom want to sit in the 18 premium seats we have.

I just had this conversation with one of the directors:

Me: Ok, I have 18 premium tickets and 52 people going to the match, I need you to tell me which of your clients absolutely, non-negotiably HAVE to be in premium?

Him: All of them

*facepalm*

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭CorkMan_

It doesn't "really" annoy me but I do find it amusing. It seems to be prevalent among females more so than males. Whenever a group of 'em get together for a meal they can't seem to decide what they are going to have until they all know what the other is having! So it goes around and around. I was in the queue for a sandwich at a deli earlier and two ladies in front wasted more time asking each other what they were having instead of just ordering. I'm sure those working behind the counter must find it very annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

RMAOK wrote: »
    What public transport?

2sbq5u
    https://imgflip.com/i/2sbq5u

:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Accidentally switched to full site on my phone and now cannot remember how to get back to boards touch site. Every f-ing time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

SeaFields wrote: »
    Accidentally switched to full site on my phone and now cannot remember how to get back to boards touch site. Every f-ing time.

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and you'll see different options such as ''responsive site'' and ''touch site'', press on touch site. It might still reload in legacy mode so just click on the boards.ie at the top of the page and the touch site will load. I hope that makes sense!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

If you click on Legacy site you'll get the full version, rather than the mobile one.

Graffiti. I hate it. But I paint over it. I don't know if I'm more annoyed at the idiots that do it, or myself for spending so much time cleaning up after them!:mad:

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Came home last night to find the old boiler just sitting in the front garden

Would you not tell her to go back inside?

(how has no one replied with that before me?!)

Sh1t weather

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Turned on the switch to heat up the water this morning so I could shave and I left the bloody thing on all day, every time!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Graffiti. I hate it. But I paint over it. I don't know if I'm more annoyed at the idiots that do it, or myself for spending so much time cleaning up after them!:mad:

Would you not tell her to go back inside?

(how has no one replied with that before me?!)

Get your coat Mr! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,807 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Turned on the switch to heat up the water this morning so I could shave and I left the bloody thing on all day, every time!

I was the same 'til I got one of these - great invention

http://www.energyproducts.ie/products/boost-timer-2-hour/

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Rule #1 about being Irish
    hb-immersion-eb_2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭Poochie05

What kind of feicin eejit buys 'light' Rich Tea biscuits?!*

This feicin eejit since I do the shopping... :o
    but TA they are in almost identical packets

• Registered Users Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

My wife left her mobile at her parents' house. So last night she asked me to ring the landline at 8.00am this morning so as to wake her - she brings the children to school.

I forgot.

Checked our alarm app and can see by the time she set the alarm (when leaving the house) that they were well late....

People with bad breath talking to you especially in a confined space.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭mikemac2

:eek:

Bankruptcy beckons

• Registered Users Posts: 11,052 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Laptop slipped off my knee last night when I was stretching for my phone.

Dropped on the floor, and a small piece came out of the corner.

Hasn't affected the performance of the laptop, or the screen, but I am so annoyed as I am usually so careful. And I can't stop drawing my attention to the missing piece now.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

CorkMan_ wrote: »
    It doesn't "really" annoy me but I do find it amusing. It seems to be prevalent among females more so than males. Whenever a group of 'em get together for a meal they can't seem to decide what they are going to have until they all know what the other is having! So it goes around and around. I was in the queue for a sandwich at a deli earlier and two ladies in front wasted more time asking each other what they were having instead of just ordering. I'm sure those working behind the counter must find it very annoying!

Similar

Dr.-Cox-On-Ordering-Coffee-After-Waiting-In-Line-On-Scrubs.jpg

And i really think i should be allowed to hurt people like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I had put watching Orange is the New Black on the long finger. I'd heard it being raved about and thought I'd love it. Eventually put it on the other night and it's an hour I will never get back, I thought it was pure sh1te. Full of characters I wanted to punch. TA and so disappointed:(. I also didn't realise Brooklyn Nine Nine was a sitcom:(

The sinking realisation that something has been forgotten halfway down to the school. We were running late so do we go back or stay going. I decided to stay going but had to go home and back down again, ugggghhhhhh.

TA will I look like a complete twat if I wear a woolly hat and sunglasses. My head is cold and my eyes will stream in the sun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    I had put watching Orange is the New Black on the long finger. I'd heard it being raved about and thought I'd love it. Eventually put it on the other night and it's an hour I will never get back, I thought it was pure sh1te. Full of characters I wanted to punch. TA and so disappointed:(. I also didn't realise Brooklyn Nine Nine was a sitcom:(
    Piper is the worst and most unlikeable character. Thankfully they reduced her screen time after season 1. If you can manage to tune her and her equally annoying boyfriend out, the rest of the cast are quite interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Crows. I put food out for the birds when the weather is cold. I don't think the little birds actually get any because the crows swoop in as soon as it's put out. I don't particularly mind, they need to eat too and I like them. What I do mind is their cheekiness!

They have started tapping on the kitchen window every time they come over and the food isn't out yet. This morning I heard one chattering loudly on the fire escape. Calling me! I went to the window and he looked at me, looked pointedly at the place I usually leave the seed, looked at me again, flew to a nearby rooftop and watched and waited while I put more seed out.

They're obviously very intelligent so I wonder - if I put a sign in the window saying "F*CK OFF CROWS!" would they take a hint.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    They're obviously very intelligent so I wonder - if I put a sign in the window saying "F*CK OFF CROWS!" would they take a hint.

Brilliant :D

I wonder if a smaller sign would work for spiders?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Brilliant :D

I wonder if a smaller sign would work for spiders?

Spiders prefer needlework.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Taking out the dustpan and brush to use but the last person who has used it hasn’t emptied the dustpan of all the dirt so when you pick it up the dirt falls out all over the floor :mad:
    A lonely island life surrounded by cats is sounding more and more appealing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,376 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    Crows. I put food out for the birds when the weather is cold. I don't think the little birds actually get any because the crows swoop in as soon as it's put out. I don't particularly mind, they need to eat too and I like them. What I do mind is their cheekiness!

They have started tapping on the kitchen window every time they come over and the food isn't out yet. This morning I heard one chattering loudly on the fire escape. Calling me! I went to the window and he looked at me, looked pointedly at the place I usually leave the seed, looked at me again, flew to a nearby rooftop and watched and waited while I put more seed out.

Something like this?

Ass clowns speeding on the road

surrounded by cats is sounding more and more appealing.

Come with me to cat island off the coast of Japan :3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Probably not very trivial.... People stopping in doorways/walkways/pinch points/at the top of escalators etc. to chat, gawk, take photos, look confused, or stare at their phones.

Getouddadefookinwayakunt

Otherwise, my wipers were half frozen this morning - I had to drive to work with more of a windscream than windscreen :(

• Advertisement

A lonely island life surrounded by cats is sounding more and more appealing.

Change the cats to dogs and your on to a winner imo.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement