Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,572 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

TA'd that my mother (who hates parties and attention) was talked into having a party for her 60th birthday next weekend by her sisters. Nothing big, just a few friends and family over to the house. Since they convinced her they've been nothing but royal pains in the arse to her. Causing problems and making the whole thing a bigger deal than anything my mother would choose for herself. Today she's gotten upset because her mother/my granny has thrown a wobbly because a few of my mam's friend's were invited to it and random cousins weren't because " it's supposed to be just for family only". I feel so sorry for her because I know how stressed out this makes her. She must be miserable.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,144 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    TA'd that my mother (who hates parties and attention) was talked into having a party for her 60th birthday next weekend by her sisters. Nothing big, just a few friends and family over to the house. Since they convinced her they've been nothing but royal pains in the arse to her. Causing problems and making the whole thing a bigger deal than anything my mother would choose for herself. Today she's gotten upset because her mother/my granny has thrown a wobbly because a few of my mam's friend's were invited to it and random cousins weren't because " it's supposed to be just for family only". I feel so sorry for her because I know how stressed out this makes her. She must be miserable.

Tell her to head for Dublin Airport and take a week in the sun.

That’s the only way to beat these arseholes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Now I remember why I prefer the French to the Spanish...

Chung wans and loud music - fook off!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Succubus_ wrote: »
    TA'd with people who have a problem with everyone. If you have a problem with everyone then the problem is you, so little self-awareness.

I don't like most people, but then again I'm an antisocial, grumpy **** :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

People who drone on about the weather. Get over it. It's just typical Irish weather.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Poor table manners. Was out earlier, got a bit to eat in local hotel. Spotted a lad on a table nearby regularly licking his knife. I was told as a child "don't ever put the knife near your mouth". Another one I've seen before is people holding a spoon like they're holding a shovel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Ah yeah, my drill-gate neighbours:
    They're gone for the day, come home at 7pm, 5 to 8 he starts to hammer nails in the wall and sawing wood, in the room right behind where I put the toddler to sleep.
    He's the helper of a sparks, reasonable hour and all?!
    In fairness the sawing isn't bad and doesn't bother the kid but why do they exclusively work after 8pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,682 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

People at work who take a conference call at their desk, with a voice on loudspeaker. These people all have access to headsets, but won't use them. And the voice is booming out of the phone in Urdu or some other language

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Tazzimus wrote: »
    I don't like most people, but then again I'm an antisocial, grumpy **** :D

Well you see you have self awareness so you're fine :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

TA for bad indigestion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Despite leaving my car at the mechanic last night, when I picked it up this morning, he said he could find nothing wrong with it that would cause the symptoms I described. How do these random things just mysteriously happen to the car with no explanation for them? I had company both times it happened so I swear I’m not going mad!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

Wide awake at this hour of the morning ona Sunday, and yet when it comes to tomorrow morning I'll find it impossible to wake up and drag myself out of bed for work. Always the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,470 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Wishing I could pull myself out of this funk I've been in since Christmas break.

It's becoming an annoyance.

Being woken up by the neighbour making noise. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Tinnitus is at it full blast this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,572 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I'm too warm to be under the covers but its too cold to outside the covers.

Burnt my finger with my hair straightener :(

TA for travelling and airports and all associated shyte

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

I'm not exactly agitated, just have a lot of nervous energy and can't relax at all.

People farting and then walking out of the room.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

RMAOK wrote: »
    People farting and then walking out of the room.:mad:
    When me and my friend were teenagers, she used to do the vilest farts. One day we were in the queue in the supermarket. She was ahead of me. Just as the queue moved forward, she let off a silent but violent one. Of course I stepped into the position she just vacated so the smell was emanating from me. Every was disgusted at me. My friend thought it was hilarious.

Another time she was getting a lift home with me and my mother. She only lived about 200 meters from our house, so when we got to our road, Mum stopped to let her out. She let out an air biscuit just before she closed the door. I swear to God it was like she had emptied the contents of a spetic tank into the car. It was absolutely disgusting *vomit smilie*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Queue skippers

Squeally child on this flight

Five past 6 in the evening and still no sign of a roster for next week at work

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

There's a little town called Cashel in Tipp. And it was grand. Then someone put a roundabout at end of Friar St and that was grand too. Quite necessary, actually.

Then they put one near the rock and it's a balls. No need for it.. But, fair enough, it can be tolerated. Begrudgingly.
    But that wasn't enough, ohhhh no. They went back into the town and made the single greatest pigs ear of a junction at the fountain I've ever fecking seen. Whoever is responsible for that, I hope he gets an acid reflux that opens a hole in his neck....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

honeybear wrote:
    Queue skippers

And the gormless idiots who let them away with it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The cringyness that is Dancing with the stars and the fact that RTE Feel the need too repeat it twice a week, ya I don't think anyone likes it that much RTE That ye have to repeat it twice a week!

The cringyness that is Dancing with the stars and the fact that RTE Feel the need too repeat it twice a week, ya I don't think anyone likes it that much RTE That ye have to repeat it twice a week!

It's a great way for them to fill a few hours of the schedule without having to do too much work.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,682 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

B@stards who won't sit in on the train. Do you pay for two seats, you pr1ck?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Deja Boo wrote: »
    When a mam unleashes her unruly kid in the shops, screaming and running thru the aisles... while she hangs on the phone, complaining about anyone who cringes at the racket.

I used to wonder why parents would bring their children shopping when they appeared to be very poorly behaved. However, since I have begun teaching children with behavioural needs, I am now more sympathetic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement