Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

D.Q wrote: »
    Must Sees so far

Patti Smith
    Hot Chip
    Jon Hopkins
    Father John Misty
    Fontaines DC
    John Grant
    The Wailers
    Kiasmos
    Leftfield
    George Fitzgerald
    Kojaque
    King King Company
    Ben UFO
    SOAK
    The Murder Capital
    Ships
    The Claque

And that's before any of the orchestras/Arcadia/tent craic etc

WHAT A LINEUP.

I see clashes in my future. :(

Just go to a bit of each act, the stages are not that far apart.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Just go to a bit of each act, the stages are not that far apart.

I'm a completionist my man.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭HelpImAlive

greenspurs wrote: »
    Tricky one....

I think youd be better off tweeting them for verification.....

I emailed them and they said it's fine to camp in the normal campsite, just in case anyone else is wondering too :)

D.Q just so you know the Leftfield gig billed is not the band but a DJ set which is quite different from Leftfield's repertoire although I think they do Phat Planet at the end of their set.

D.Q just so you know the Leftfield gig billed is not the band but a DJ set which is quite different from Leftfield's repertoire although I think they do Phat Planet at the end of their set.

What sort of vibe are the dj sets?

• Advertisement

It would be more of a techno/house thing, no songs like Leftfield the group.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭gandalfio

A solid tribute band ala These Charming Men and an old skool 90s DJ set would compliment the lineup nicely

• Registered Users Posts: 10,275 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

gandalfio wrote: »
    A solid tribute band ala These Charming Men and an old skool 90s DJ set would compliment the lineup nicely

I always wondered why festivals don't have a "Tribute Band" stage , if only for one day out of the 3.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I think they, like Basement Jaxx, unfortunately realised, there's a lot more money to be made doing DJ sets than the live stuff.

I always wondered why festivals don't have a "Tribute Band" stage , if only for one day out of the 3.

They could call it The Tribeautiful Journey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭llatsni

Leftfield played a DJ set in Index in May. It was pretty decent in a hard house/dance kind of way but I couldn’t suffer the venue. Left early.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

You won't regret it!

Damn Vodafone network issue meant I only got through two Kojaque songs....but what I heard, I liked!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭hibsman

Looks like Saint Sister are also new to the line up, another really strong addition. Some bands are touring at present so may be reluctant to have their announcement publicised in case people hold off until the festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭gaffolino

I emailed them and they said it's fine to camp in the normal campsite, just in case anyone else is wondering too :)

You should maybe swap with someone looking for a family ticket. I'd say there is a few looking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭danois

I went to this last year and didn’t have a clue who the majority of the acts were. This year is going to be the same! Any suggestions of must not miss acts. My fav stage last year was Arcadia. Really looking forward to that this year.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

danois wrote: »
    I went to this last year and didn’t have a clue who the majority of the acts were. This year is going to be the same! Any suggestions of must not miss acts. My fav stage last year was Arcadia. Really looking forward to that this year.

Kiasmos and Olafur Arnalds (who is 1/2 of Kiasmos anyway)
    Patti Smith is a force live

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

The Good the Bad and the Queen should be worth seeing - supergroup made out of members of Blur, The Clash, The Verve and Fela Kuti's drummer.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Coz

D.Q wrote:
    They could call it The Tribeautiful Journey

Or have it away from the main area and call it The Tributary

• Registered Users Posts: 41 otterboy

Found a family ticket for myself and my daughter finally.... appears to be an "email" ticket rather than a hard copy. Seller has lots of good feedback going back years so reasonably confident it's legit. Any advice? Envisage any problems regarding name on ticket being different to mine etc? Any envisaged issues registering pre teen on an e-ticket? Any thing I should look out for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭danois

otterboy wrote: »
    Found a family ticket for myself and my daughter finally.... appears to be an "email" ticket rather than a hard copy. Seller has lots of good feedback going back years so reasonably confident it's legit. Any advice? Envisage any problems regarding name on ticket being different to mine etc? Any envisaged issues registering pre teen on an e-ticket? Any thing I should look out for?

I don’t remember an e-ticket option. I may be wrong but I think I had to choose post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

I don’t remember an e-ticket option. I may be wrong but I think I had to choose post.

I've e-ticket too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 alexmcquaid

We had e-tickets last year. The scanners didn't work at the festival as we were one of the first ones there and they just gave us wrist bands anyways and let us keep the tickets unused.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,478 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Or, since a lot of places dont kick off till 5/6pm on the friday, a few tribute bands on the main stage for the people who get there at 10am to put up their tents and are at a loose end

Gonna try get down for gates this year. Was there much queuing @ opening time last year does anyone remember?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Gonna try get down for gates this year. Was there much queuing @ opening time last year does anyone remember?

All I know is that we got there for around 3pm last year and it was an absolute breeze getting in! No queues for parking, bag check or wrist band collection. I would say from driving through the gates of Curraghmore House Estate, to sitting outside my tent in Tangerine Fields with a tinnie was around 25 minutes.

Not sure how this year will pan out with the increased capacity, but fingers crossed the logistics will still be sound for the early birds!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭A193

So many acts that I couldn't get to in Dublin the past year on the bill, yet I don't have a ticket. I'm a man on a mission!

I've seen a few pop up here and there, anyone with a crystal ball reckon they might release a few more closer to the time? A few rare ones on Toutless, hopefully they start to pop up more closer to the time, I'm so sad I'm not going (at this moment in time)..

Le Bruise wrote: »
    All I know is that we got there for around 3pm last year and it was an absolute breeze getting in! No queues for parking, bag check or wrist band collection. I would say from driving through the gates of Curraghmore House Estate, to sitting outside my tent in Tangerine Fields with a tinnie was around 25 minutes.

Not sure how this year will pan out with the increased capacity, but fingers crossed the logistics will still be sound for the early birds!

Yeah same as ourselves, was amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

A193 wrote: »
    I've seen a few pop up here and there, anyone with a crystal ball reckon they might release a few more closer to the time?

There have been plenty popping up daily on adverts over the last 2 or 3 weeks

Set up an alert and be on the ball with emails and you'll get one

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭BangBeater

maximoose wrote: »
    There have been plenty popping up daily on adverts over the last 2 or 3 weeks

Set up an alert and be on the ball with emails and you'll get one

Cheers. Good idea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Le Bruise wrote: »

Anyone know was it a similar breezy experience in general camping?

Was there space between tents or crammed on top of each other?

Were there many showers and what were the queues like?

Cheers

Advertisement