Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,689 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

I'd stroll across the bridge to the centra on the quay, which is near Bus Eireann where I presume buses will be going straight to the venue.

Not sure what the story is this year but Bus Eireann did buses to and from the festival from town.

Yeah was booked one one of those and was first come served basis which is fair enough but next bus wasn't for a while so shared a taxi with people going that way. Hoping it's a bit more organized this year

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

how did you sort it in the end?
    I have a new card and final payment due in a few weeks.

I rang 0818 903 001 press 3 to skip the crap talk, then listen to 10-15 minutes of Ed Sheeran song on repeat.

I had my order number ready and the guy on the phone was fairly decent/helpful. I didn't understand a single word of the guy in payments though :o.
    He spoke 100mph. I just understood that they didn't save my card previously due to something or other, but will save it now.

I had rang the number a few times yesterday and today before getting through, and it was engaged. The last time I tried was the last time I was going to try today.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Suckit wrote: »
    Got my final payment to Ticketmaster finally sorted. Couldn't get through to their phone lines.
    €490 for the two tickets and Campervan pass.
    I won't be paying instalments next year. I think it's a lot easier to just pay outright. Not sure why I did it this way tbh.
    The only slight upside of installment is that TM have you money in their account earning interest for 9 months less. Small victories

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

mentioned this in EP thread first for some reason but Black Midi's debut album also released this morning.

https://open.spotify.com/album/14LuwckQuyWIvVlKrYuLzP?si=H5AYJxJjSD-WQ_3UOoXAQg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Also a new album from Bedouine today. Haven't listed to any of her stuff yet but some on here might be interested.

https://open.spotify.com/album/7ijCn6Y1xj6rrLNV8NHUc0?si=qvWpfDTYT021oClhy20kBw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

Hi.

Can you bring small gas camping stoves? The type you can get for a tenner in halfords etc?
    Been to a few electric picnics and used them there.
    How about this place as it states on the website that they aren't allowed.
    Did anyone go last year and see people using them?

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Sorry I am sure this has been asked many times , but can family camping tickets be used for access to normal camping?

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

I always try to spend a few hours in the comedy tent at a festival. Just have a wander in and see whats on. I plan to do so this year. Unlikely to catch any big names due to music clashes I would imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭hibsman

That's a brilliant comedy line up. I wonder if it will be the same small tent as last year considering the extra capacity?

I always try to spend a few hours in the comedy tent at a festival. Just have a wander in and see whats on. I plan to do so this year. Unlikely to catch any big names due to music clashes I would imagine.

Yeah same, it would be great if comedy acts were on earlier in a music festival but can understand why the give the big names prominent slots too

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Not bad! No Viper though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,549 ✭✭✭Stillill42

hibsman wrote: »
    That's a brilliant comedy line up. I wonder if it will be the same small tent as last year considering the extra capacity?

Ah it can't be. That was a lovely little tent but wasn't there chaos for Tommy last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭narwog81

Can anyone remember from previous years if there will be buses running back to Dublin on the Sunday morning?

The event website doesn't have details of the schedule yet, I imagine there will be but I really need to catch a flight Sunday evening and will be in no humour to drive so trying to make my plans now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

narwog81 wrote: »
    Can anyone remember from previous years if there will be buses running back to Dublin on the Sunday morning?

The event website doesn't have details of the schedule yet, I imagine there will be but I really need to catch a flight Sunday evening and will be in no humour to drive so trying to make my plans now.

You can get Buses & Trains to Dublin from Waterford City

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭narwog81

You can get Buses & Trains to Dublin from Waterford City

I haven't been to this festival before, are there regular transport options from the event site into Waterford? A 30min taxi to get a bus sounds grim.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

narwog81 wrote: »
    I haven't been to this festival before, are there regular transport options from the event site into Waterford? A 30min taxi to get a bus sounds grim.

Not entirely sure. Last year was the first year and there were buses to and from the site from Waterford on the Friday & Monday, not sure if there were on Sat & Sun but possibly as there were Sunday day tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,549 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Buses from Waterford to the site were few and far between last year. I didn't have to use them but a lot of people unhappy. Schedule only published at the death. Hopefully they'll address it this year. The more people asking them the question the better.

Hi.

Can you bring small gas camping stoves? The type you can get for a tenner in halfords etc?
    Been to a few electric picnics and used them there.
    How about this place as it states on the website that they aren't allowed.
    Did anyone go last year and see people using them?

Answered your own question here. Expect to get shut down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭eplady2017

greenspurs wrote: »
    I always wondered why festivals don't have a "Tribute Band" stage , if only for one day out of the 3.

I totally agree.. Last few years at EP These Charming Men, Roadhouse Doors and Harvest have been some of the acts I've always enjoyed seeing.. Last year at ATN The Bootleg Beatles were amazing..

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

eplady2017 wrote: »
    I totally agree.. Last few years at EP These Charming Men, Roadhouse Doors and Harvest have been some of the acts I've always enjoyed seeing.. Last year at ATN The Bootleg Beatles were amazing..

They work best at the early part of the day, when people arent drunk enough to dance to music they dont know but a good sing along can get them in the mood.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Coz

If my sums are correct, only 53 music acts have been announced so far.

Am I right???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Yep that looks correct based on the website. Last year there were 74 on the final poster but that didn't include acts on the One Love or the All My Friends stages or some acts on the Hotpress Acoustic stage. Possibly Arcadia too but they seemed to be mainly acts that were already playing at the festival.

So still plenty more acts to come, but probably smaller Irish acts and DJs based on last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

Yep that looks correct based on the website. Last year there were 74 on the final poster but that didn't include acts on the One Love or the All My Friends stages or some acts on the Hotpress Acoustic stage. Possibly Arcadia too but they seemed to be mainly acts that were already playing at the festival.

So still plenty more acts to come, but probably smaller Irish acts and DJs based on last year.

Ah...the One Love area/stage my 2018 happy place :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Ah...the One Love area/stage my 2018 happy place :)

Was that the stage that had Claire beck etc playing disco on the sunday?

Edit:

Never mind that was All my friends. That was my 2018 happy place

D.Q wrote: »
    Was that the stage that had Claire beck etc playing disco on the sunday?

Edit:

Never mind that was All my friends. That was my 2018 happy place

Nope. It was a small area kind of hidden away in the woods. Probably obvious if staying in the boutique camping but not when in the general camping area as we were last year. There was a great vibe and there and even though I hadn’t a clue about any of the DJ’s they were excellent imo. Just did a search there Claire Beck was playing the All My Friends tent/area.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Nope. It was a small area kind of hidden away in the woods. Probably obvious if staying in the boutique camping but not when in the general camping area as we were last year. There was a great vibe and there and even though I hadn’t a clue about any of the DJ’s they were excellent imo. Just did a search there Claire Beck was playing the All My Friends tent/area.

Yeah those two stages were close together as far as I can remember? I think that area in general could be improved a bit this year, had great craic at the All My Friends stage myself but both stages were a bit out of the way and felt small enough.

Had a quick look to see what days certain acts are on, this is what I could gather so far:

Friday
    Anna Calvi
    Fontaines DC (think I saw that somewhere a while ago?)

Saturday
    Hot Chip
    Jon Hopkins
    Lisa Hannigan
    Jose Gonzalez
    Kiasmos
    Gus Dapperton
    Loyle Carner

Sunday
    The National (did someone post this a while back?)
    The Good, The Bad & The Queen
    John Grant
    Bombay Bicycle Club
    The Wailers

Yeah those two stages were close together as far as I can remember? I think that area in general could be improved a bit this year, had great craic at the All My Friends stage myself but both stages were a bit out of the way and felt small enough.

Had a quick look to see what days certain acts are on, this is what I could gather so far:

Friday
    Anna Calvi
    Fontaines DC (think I saw that somewhere a while ago?)

Saturday
    Hot Chip
    Jon Hopkins
    Lisa Hannigan
    Jose Gonzalez
    Kiasmos
    Gus Dapperton
    Loyle Carner

Sunday
    The National (did someone post this a while back?)
    The Good, The Bad & The Queen
    John Grant
    Bombay Bicycle Club
    The Wailers

Yeah they were close together alright. I posted here a few weeks ago about the Fontaines, it’s on their IG account that they are playing at ATN on the Friday. Still hoping they won’t be put on the main stage!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Coz

Cool. I'm a bit of a Clashfinder Nerd with excel sheets out the ying yang for my Festival homework.

I've been an EP goer until this year but we're making the switch!

Advertisement