Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

D.Q wrote: »
    Fontaines would be a good sub for patti smith

Playing the Friday night according to their IG page.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭homosapien91

Ticket arrived in the post today but it's like a paper ticket not the usual cardboard material, anyone else get this?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yeah they have being using those for a while now, flimsy shíte

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,972 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Brand Brauer Frick have just announced a tour for their new album. They'd be a perfect fit for ATN and have nothing between 27/7 and 10/8

No doubt Lisa Hannigan will do a bit at ATN but you'd imagine they'd have someone permanently doing the job at some of the other shows.

She killed the performance at Longitude a few years ago IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Weepsie wrote: »

Killed in a bad way?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Yep, she was dreadful. I said it at the time but her ooooh ooooh ooooh style of vocals gets on my nerves

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

It's some lineup, must be the best festival in the country now. EP is just too big at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Irish_rat wrote: »
    It's some lineup, must be the best festival in the country now. EP is just too big at this stage.

That is inevitable though after Oxegen stopped and became Oxitude. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Eod100 wrote: »
    Killed in a bad way?

Yup. Sucked the life out of the show I thought and didn't get going again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭endainoz

Yep, she was dreadful. I said it at the time but her ooooh ooooh ooooh style of vocals gets on my nerves

To be fair that's just your opinion based on her voice which you don't like anyway. If he singing style gets on your nerves, how could you be impartial? I find her voice quite haunting but somehow have never seen her live so she could well be awful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I remember finding her quite hard to hear at that Longitude show. Not sure if it was a case of the mic being too low but it put a bit of a downer on the songs she was there for as Matt would often leave some of his verses to her entirely only for her to be hard to hear.

I've seen her guest with the National a few times and she rarely adds much to the shows really. It's fine for the last few albums where the female vocals on songs were minor but if she was to take on essentially lead vocals on three or four songs from the new album, it'd be a totally different prospect. Would be interested to see how it would go.

First show of the new tour last night. Just one song each from Boxer and Alligator, and two from High Violet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Yes, and the christmas advert she sung in.... *shudder*... Every time it came on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Ah come on lads Lisa is a great singer. The Pull of You from the new album is fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Ah come on lads Lisa is a great singer. The Pull of You from the new album is fantastic.
    She does have a good voice, no argument from me.

It's just not for me. I can't help feeling she tries to soundalike or exaggerates it sometimes (if that's the right word), I find it grates on me..
    I've been at gigs of hers with friends and out of maybe 5 of us, I was the only one that thought that way so I'm in the minority. Just couldn't be a fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭ngunners

I remember finding her quite hard to hear at that Longitude show. Not sure if it was a case of the mic being too low but it put a bit of a downer on the songs she was there for as Matt would often leave some of his verses to her entirely only for her to be hard to hear.

I've seen her guest with the National a few times and she rarely adds much to the shows really. It's fine for the last few albums where the female vocals on songs were minor but if she was to take on essentially lead vocals on three or four songs from the new album, it'd be a totally different prospect. Would be interested to see how it would go.

First show of the new tour last night. Just one song each from Boxer and Alligator, and two from High Violet.

That Longitude performance was definitely down to the mic. Personally, I love Lisa Hannigan's voice but I can see how it's not for everyone. Also, I think it get's a bit lost at outdoor gigs. In a small venue she's incredible.

Her voice is all over the new album. She performs on four tracks and is pretty much the lead singer on 'The Pull of You' and 'So Far So Fast'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

ngunners wrote: »

That Longitude performance was definitely down to the mic. Personally, I love Lisa Hannigan's voice but I can see how it's not for everyone. Also, I think it get's a bit lost at outdoor gigs. In a small venue she's incredible.

Her voice is all over the new album. She performs on four tracks and is pretty much the lead singer on 'The Pull of You' and 'So Far So Fast'.

The Pull of You is a brilliant song actually. That and Oblivion are my highlights, I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

The Pull of You is a brilliant song actually. That and Oblivion are my highlights, I think!
    I think Matt's verse after the spoken word part is my favourite bit of the whole album, love the emotion and crashing drums when he sings "Maybe we'll talk it out inside a car with rain falling around us"

Oh she can sing has some good stuff in the past. but she can also be a bit dreary and completely killed that performance I thought. I didn't think it was a mic problem, it sounded like she was talking through it. I was way back and could hear fine, but it just seemed like she was trying to force some type of empathy or something

Maybe it was the song choice (Fake Empire if I recall correctly) but it really took away from it I felt.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 alexmcquaid

I am expecting a big lineup announcement tomorrow with quite a few additions.

What are 3 bands that are possibilities that you'd love to see added?

I'm crossing my fingers for Khruangbin, Lamb and Robyn. I feel like they have a couple of tricks up their sleeves yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭gandalfio

I am expecting a big lineup announcement tomorrow with quite a few additions.

What are 3 bands that are possibilities that you'd love to see added?

I'm crossing my fingers for Khruangbin, Lamb and Robyn. I feel like they have a couple of tricks up their sleeves yet.

Public Service Broadcasting, The Divine Comedy, Girl Band

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭llatsni

I think Khruangbin are in Japan unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

gandalfio wrote: »
    Public Service Broadcasting, The Divine Comedy, Girl Band

Girlband seem to be our. They’re vicar street show are billed as their only Irish show this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

Would love to see Cut Copy announced. Playing their own gig in the Button factory on the 18th July so highly unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

endainoz wrote: »
    To be fair that's just your opinion based on her voice which you don't like anyway. If he singing style gets on your nerves, how could you be impartial? I find her voice quite haunting but somehow have never seen her live so she could well be awful!

As other posters have said, she was dreary and brought nothing to the song. I'm not overly familiar with her solo stuff so the oooh oooh oooh comment was in the context of that gig (Fake Empire was the song)

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

Eod100 wrote: »
    I'm sorted for a weekend ticket myself so it's more out of curiosity, they'd hardly have the site capacity add a day ticket option for any of the days?

They've been pretty adamant on Social media and their website that there won't be any day tickets this year

• Registered Users Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Yup. Sucked the life out of the show I thought and didn't get going again.

Ah that's fair enough. Was at it myself and enjoyed it. Can see how she and The National would be better suited indoors too though. Saw them in Donnybrook and sound wasn't great. Downside of outdoor gigs I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Expect a few of the softboy roster to be added. Kojaque and Wastefellow would be good fits.

After that then, Krystal Klear, Kaily, George Feeley, Tommy Holohan

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Would love if Robyn was announced as looking unlikely she will make an appearance here this summer, but would be surprised if the next announcement isn't just Irish artists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Coz wrote: »
    ATN posted to this Facebook

Happy weekend everybody ☀More exciting things to be announced very soon ��

#ATN19 ����

giphy.gif

Advertisement