Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rugby World Cup 2019 Japan Travel etc...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

troyzer wrote: »

If it is being moved to Toyota city, I can't go. We've got an entire plan in Yokohama and Tokyo.

I can't see how the SF would be moved, at this stage, to a 45,000 capacity stadium in Nagoya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭troyzer

Riskymove wrote: »

If it is being moved to Toyota city, I can't go. We've got an entire plan in Yokohama and Tokyo.

I can't see how the SF would be moved, at this stage, to a 45,000 capacity stadium in Nagoya

Yeah, it must be a mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,826 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Riskymove wrote: »

Especially when most people have made their travel and accommodation plans already. Would be a shambles it it was moved at this stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Eod100 wrote: »
    Especially when most people have made their travel and accommodation plans already. Would be a shambles it it was moved at this stage

My semi final tickets have disappears from the 'my tickets' section of the website.
    In 'ticket resale' they are listed, albeit without any option

but it says city of toyota as a venue now..

absolute BS if they do it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

bennyl10 wrote: »
    My semi final tickets have disappears from the 'my tickets' section of the website.
    In 'ticket resale' they are listed, albeit without any option

same here

however on the fixtures list they are still listed as Yokohama

Nothing in my tickets section either now that I checked. Mentions mention on ticketing home page so that must be it surely?!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Avant Garde

They must have comepletely messed up something on the system. Tickets are still there in 'My Tickets' and still say City of Toyota. I've emailed them and they said they are looking into the issue.

I see one of two things happening:
    1. They cancel the order and say tough luck and give refund
    2. They fix it and reassign the tickets to Yokohama

Hopefully it will be scenario 2!

They must have comepletely messed up something on the system. Tickets are still there in 'My Tickets' and still say City of Toyota. I've emailed them and they said they are looking into the issue.

Surely 2. Fixtures have been out since November 2017. Changing it less than 5 months in advance would be very shoddy

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

Whole ticket portal is down At the moment, due to 'maintenance'. Can't get into view tickets in the add tickets part of the basket. Looks like an issue alright, hopefully not serious and doesn't affect tickets already purchased by people

If this article is to be believed, they put on tickets already sold on resale and sold a few hundred. Should be fairly simple to cancel the resale ones but who knows. https://r.nikkei.com/article/DGXMZO45778230W9A600C1CC1000?s=3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Avant Garde

Yesterday you purchased tickets for Rugby World Cup 2019 - Match 46, Semi Final 2 on Sunday, 27 October 2019. Due to a temporary error within our Official Ticketing Site, this match was incorrectly displayed as taking place at City of Toyota Stadium.
    Match 46 will be played at International Stadium Yokohama at 18:00 JST on Sunday, 27 October 2019.

To rectify this situation, we would like to offer you the choice of either:
    1.Receiving the same quantity and price category of tickets you purchased for Match 46 at International Stadium Yokohama
    2.Receiving a full refund for the cost of the tickets incorrectly displayed as taking place at City of Toyota Stadium

We shall contact you again shortly with further details regarding next steps and process in this regard.
    We appreciate your patience and understanding on this matter and apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Happy days, will be going for option 1

Guess people were booking on match and not stadium so offer of a refund might be because they oversold then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

Decided to log in for a look.

My SF2 tickets I bought ages ago are now gone from "my tickets" altogether. (I did not put them up for resale).

If I click the "resale" tab they are listed there but with all blanks where price, seat location, etc is supposed to be. And also says City of Toyota stadium.

Of course, given how much those tickets were and how much we want to go to that match, I'm prematurely panicking.

The other tickets are still there. There is obviously some problem surrounding SF2.

The portal sure is messed up.

Silly q, is it all tickets aren't showing in my tickets? Or just the SF? Only bought the SF so can't tell!

Silly q, is it all tickets aren't showing in my tickets? Or just the SF? Only bought the SF so can't tell!

For me, it's the SF only that's missing. The other tickets are there.

For me, it's the SF only that's missing. The other tickets are there.

Yeah a buddy bought our QF tickets and he sees them. I only bought SF and can't see them so guess that must be it. It's a weirdly specific glitch. Odd there's nothing yet on site to reassure people but different time zones and all that maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Choppa101

https://youtu.be/qDQxuUEMiV8

That us that is.

FYI The ticketing site seems to be back up and running now (after being down since... Friday? Thursday?), currently in the queue to see if my Semi Final tickets have returned.

Edit: They're back.

FYI The ticketing site seems to be back up and running now (after being down since... Friday? Thursday?), currently in the queue to see if my Semi Final tickets have returned.

Edit: They're back.

Great stuff! Did it take you ages to get in? Says I'm currently 83,000 in queue. Didn't think so many would be trying to get on but lot could be people checking their semi final tickets!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

Great stuff! Did it take you ages to get in? Says I'm currently 83,000 in queue. Didn't think so many would be trying to get on but lot could be people checking their semi final tickets!

I got in straight away

Just in now and back too thankfully. Weird no explanation from RWC official channels

There were 60,000 in the queue when I logged on. It moved down to 0 over the course of about 15-20 minutes. The fastest it's ever happened - not sure if that's an indication of other fixes or improvements? It would have taken 4-6 hours before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

Where are people staying for the Ireland v Japan game?

emc2 wrote: »

Limerick

Love Hotel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

Shizuoka. Reasonable hotels prices too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

We're thinking of heading off out to Osaka and only heading in to Ecopa for the game. Shizuoka is the wrong side for the rest of the trip and the likes of Fukuroi, Yaizu and Hamamatsu look a bit meh with Kobe, Kagawa etc just beyond Osaka.

For those keeping an eye on the resale site, have you got any sense of when in the day tickets get loaded into the system? It's hard to know when to log on...

• Registered Users Posts: 40 monkel107

Still not sure where to stay for that match, the stadium is 30mins+ from everywhere, 3hrs+ by train from Tokyo, 50mins from Hammatsu, hotels seem to be getting booked up there so seems popular but have to head back to Tokyo the next day so its the wrong side of the stadium for us really. Shizuoka would be more convenient but seems very spread out and not sure if be any craic around there either

Was hoping there would be a general consensus of where Irish are basing themselves for it closer to the time but haven't seen anything on the forums.

Maybe we should just pick a location for a boards meetup, anyone know if any Irish pubs or anywhere any craic in the areas close by for before/after the match??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,740 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

monkel107 wrote: »
    Still not sure where to stay for that match, the stadium is 30mins+ from everywhere, 3hrs+ by train from Tokyo, 50mins from Hammatsu, hotels seem to be getting booked up there so seems popular but have to head back to Tokyo the next day so its the wrong side of the stadium for us really. Shizuoka would be more convenient but seems very spread out and not sure if be any craic around there either

Was hoping there would be a general consensus of where Irish are basing themselves for it closer to the time but haven't seen anything on the forums.

Maybe we should just pick a location for a boards meetup, anyone know if any Irish pubs or anywhere any craic in the areas close by for before/after the match??

We're staying in Hammatsu but not really sure what the general consensus is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

In our group the consiensus is to head on to Osaka.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭TripleSSS

did anyone get an email this morning from Rugby World Cup 2019 Ticketing Team with regards to "Notice for partial refund of your ticket delivery fee"?

TripleSSS wrote: »
    did anyone get an email this morning from Rugby World Cup 2019 Ticketing Team with regards to "Notice for partial refund of your ticket delivery fee"?

Nope. Getting tickets by post yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭TripleSSS

Nope. Getting tickets by post yeah?

As far as I remember I got E-Tickets, not post, that's why I'm wondering.

As far as I remember I got E-Tickets, not post, that's why I'm wondering.

Ah okay. Same but didn't get an email , maybe they charged you postal rate in error

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,274 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Yes I did .
    I bought E tickets only .
    It was in relation to the issue I mentioned here in post #800

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110257745&postcount=800

Am I right in thinking it's from next month they will be sending out the tickets?

Guess it will be a fairly big operation between online and post and probably prioritising tickets when bought/in order of games but be great to have them at the end of the month!

Tis starting to feel very real now!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭mojor

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/trip-of-a-lifetime-make-the-most-of-a-visit-to-japan-for-the-rugby-world-cup-1.3936187

Very informative article "Trip of a lifetime – make the most of a visit to Japan for the Rugby World Cup"

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭hermano

Anyone have joy in the resale portal? Is it the same as the normal ticket portal? Im trying to get a ticket for the saturday q/f in tokyo. Always say theres no available

hermano wrote: »
    Anyone have joy in the resale portal? Is it the same as the normal ticket portal? Im trying to get a ticket for the saturday q/f in tokyo. Always say theres no available

Nope. Although am looking for tickets to the final.

Have a pair for sale for Scotland V Russia but there's lots of availability for that game still.

Does anyone have a sense of what time of day they load up tickets for resale?

• Advertisement

Am I right in thinking it's from next month they will be sending out the tickets?

Guess it will be a fairly big operation between online and post and probably prioritising tickets when bought/in order of games but be great to have them at the end of the month!

Tis starting to feel very real now!

18th of July apparently

18th of July apparently

At nice one! Where did you see that out of curiosity?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭redved

I received an email from RWC2019 confirming the date of the 18th July for dispatching tickets

redved wrote: »
    I received an email from RWC2019 confirming the date of the 18th July for dispatching tickets

Same, DHL delivery.

Dav010 wrote: »
    Same, DHL delivery.

Guess that's postal deliveries then obviously? Might be around then for etickets too maybe

Nevermind, just saw on site:

''Printed tickets will be dispatched to your postal address late July, 2109. E-tickets will be available for download/printing early September on the 'My Tickets' page on the official ticketing site.''

Bit on the late side for the postal ones..! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭BobbyBobberson

All the emails about tickets etc is getting me seriously excited. Chatting to mates who are all booking flights and what not, really cannot wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,223 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

I see the Jaguares have made it to the Super Rugby Final. Argentina really have a knack of peaking in World Cup years. It's amazing how they do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭troyzer

Clegg wrote: »
    I see the Jaguares have made it to the Super Rugby Final. Argentina really have a knack of peaking in World Cup years. It's amazing how they do it.

Andy Dunne has talked about it before. He puts it down to their willingness to be absolutely ****e at the beginning of a world cup cycle but persist with their plan.

Most times play it safe at the beginning, try to put the pieces together mid cycle and ultimately end up slightly lower than they could have been with more ambition.

• Advertisement

Andy Dunne has talked about it before. He puts it down to their willingness to be absolutely ****e at the beginning of a world cup cycle but persist with their plan.

Most times play it safe at the beginning, try to put the pieces together mid cycle and ultimately end up slightly lower than they could have been with more ambition.
    Such as a world cup semi final??

Advertisement