Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Virgin Media Television thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,088 ✭✭✭batistuta9

iseegirls wrote: »
    From the TV listings, look like they're skipping the Christmas episode, and will be going to episode 2 - featuring Frank Skinner.

Ep 1 (25th Dec 2019 on ITV) - being skipped on VM1
    Ep 2 (4th Jan 2020) - 1st Sep
    Ep 3 (5th Jan 2020) - 2nd Sep
    Ep 4 (12th Apr 2020) - 3rd Sep

Ep 5-10 (10th-15th May 2020) are non-celeb version and not scheduled yet on VM1

Don't think they're skipping it. there's a celeb version on Friday as well, after the film @ 11:35.
    The normal version of this series looks scheduled for Sunday night @ 9

The new season is starting on ITV next Monday, running through Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,989 ✭✭✭iseegirls

batistuta9 wrote: »
    Don't think they're skipping it. there's a celeb version on Friday as well, after the film @ 11:35.
    The normal version of this series looks scheduled for Sunday night @ 9

The new season is starting on ITV next Monday, running through Friday.

The actual episodes which will be broadcast are very unclear. Going by digiguide and tvguide.co.uk which are pretty reliable, and along with printed tv guides - they actually have Episode 3 (feat Ruth Jones, David Haye) on Wed at 9, Thurs at 9 and Friday at 11:35pm. So they can't be showing the same episode 3 times - so something will have to give here.

I predict Ep 4 on Thursday, and the late episode on Friday will be a repeat of Ep2, 3 or 4 because VM love repeating shows days after.

In the listings on the sky+ app, it has episode numbers in the description. Season 1 ep 1-4 on tue-fri.
    But it also says season 33 ep 5 from wed-fri, this must be what those other guides have too.
    Which isn't even the right series going by what you posted before.

There's celeb versions on sat + sun night too on vm, definitely repeats. Ep 2 & 3 in description

• Registered Users Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Tonight celebrity 2 then tomorrow 4 and then Thursday 3. You couldn't make this stuff up. Probably too embarrassed to show the xmas episode.

Sorry folks xmas episode is on after all -Friday 11.35pm.

• Advertisement

Episode 2 was on tonight, and was 75 minutes long. Amateurish as ever from VM, as it seemed they only realised it was 75 minutes yesterday, as they were trailing The Tonight Show at 10 yesterday, and a sudden time change todaya dn for Friday.

Judging by the weekends schedule, I'd go for:
    Episode 2 - Tuesday at 9 and repeated Friday 11.35
    Episode 3 - Wed at 9 and Sat 10.30
    Episode 4 - Thu at 9 and Sun 10.45

Episode 5 - Sun 8.00 (start of the non celeb version)

If you do a series link it show's the crazy set up.

Friday 11.35 -xmas episode (1)
    Tuesday 9 - 2
    Thursday 9 - 3
    Wednesday 9 - 4

Can we even say now this is 100%.

Frank Skinner spoke about his concerts in February 2020 but of course it's new to Virgin per the continuity announcer.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Did the new presenter not appear on the tonight show tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭thesultan

Why not put both on?

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭twinklerunner

AJB39 wrote: »
    Probably. They may wait and show it next Christmas.

RTÉ showed a Christmas episode of Ellen DeGeneres a few weeks ago, and Dr Phil was dealing with the March outbreak and lockdown of Covid-19 last week.

• Advertisement

Cheap morning slots filled by RTE as opposed to Evening with Virgin.

I thought they brought back Monday's edition of The Tonight Show. I assume that Sports Tonight isn't returning.

There haven't been 2 presenters for The Tonight Show in studio since the middle of March. They tried a week or two of having Matt on Skype, and Ivan in Studio at the same time but didn't quite work.

Sport Tonight didn't last long at all. Ran from Sep-Dec in 2019 and then Feb in 2020. It's Monday slot was taken by The Tonight Show, but Friday remained free.

Britain's Got Talent live semi finals starting this weekend. ITV has it starting at 8pm. VM1 at 8:30pm despite having all repeats on before it. Try to figure that one out :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

There haven't been 2 presenters for The Tonight Show in studio since the middle of March. They tried a week or two of having Matt on Skype, and Ivan in Studio at the same time but didn't quite work.

Sport Tonight didn't last long at all. Ran from Sep-Dec in 2019 and then Feb in 2020. It's Monday slot was taken by The Tonight Show, but Friday remained free.

Britain's Got Talent live semi finals starting this weekend. ITV has it starting at 8pm. VM1 at 8:30pm despite having all repeats on before it. Try to figure that one out :confused::confused:

What is the thinking behind having a sports show like that on so late? Especially when you consider the tripe/repeats that they are showing during prime time hours

Delta2113 wrote: »
    Cheap morning slots filled by RTE as opposed to Evening with Virgin.

Rte showed Mrs.Brown's boys Xmas special there in July I think, sometime in summer anyway.

I've seen the millionaire episode & don't remember anything Christmasy about it, just a normal episode except that it aired on Xmas night. Which makes not showing it even more strange.

batistuta9 wrote: »
    Rte showed Mrs.Brown's boys Xmas special there in July I think, sometime in summer anyway.

Even worst a special TLLS Toy Show in June or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭AJB39

Britain’s Got Talent has now been brought forward to 8 pm tonight on VM1

No love lost between Mark Cagney and Sinead Desmond anyway

https://extra.ie/2020/09/06/entertainment/celebrity/mark-cagney-sinead-desmond

VM can't keep up with Itv - of course they don't help themselves from deviating from Itv schedules in the first place.
    Coronation Street tonight in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭thesultan

No love lost between Mark Cagney and Sinead Desmond anyway

https://extra.ie/2020/09/06/entertainment/celebrity/mark-cagney-sinead-desmond

What is Sinéad doing now?

• Advertisement

Delta2113 wrote: »
    VM can't keep up with Itv - of course they don't help themselves from deviating from Itv schedules in the first place.
    Coronation Street tonight in particular.

Not even the Virgin Media epg can't keep up. So with the expected hour long news at 5.30 being 30 minutes, they moved Six O'clock Show to 6, Emmerdale to 7, Corrie from 8.30 to 7.30 and then put in an unscheduled Corrie special at 8.30. More amateur scheduling as usual.

thesultan wrote: »
    What is Sinéad doing now?

I think that was one of Mark Cagney’s questions, sorry to hear she cut all ties.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭testarossa40

I see VM are now promo-ing - and I quote (from it) - "That Who Wants to be a Millionaire episode we've all heard about!" ... Apart from the fact that over the past 2 weeks the whole county now knows who, how, & when the million was won, they even show the final answer and the celebrations in the promo! Before they've even shown the episode!

WTF...

If ever an example of the sheer cynicism behind VM blocking UTV/ITV from Irish viewers were needed...

I see VM are now promo-ing - and I quote (from it) - "That Who Wants to be a Millionaire episode we've all heard about!" ... Apart from the fact that over the past 2 weeks the whole county now knows who, how, & when the million was won, they even show the final answer and the celebrations in the promo! Before they've even shown the episode!

WTF...

If ever an example of the sheer cynicism behind VM blocking UTV/ITV from Irish viewers were needed...

Saw that, have they skipped episodes just to show it?

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭testarossa40

Elmo wrote: »
    Saw that, have they skipped episodes just to show it?
    No idea, unfortunately...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭mikeym

Will they ever get rid of Virgin Media Three?

Awful promo. How can anyone sign off on that.

So judging by tonight's repeat of Sunday's episode - they've shown Ep 5 and 6 of Series 34 so far. So now they'll jump to Series 35 Episode 5 for the 1million show. So they'll be skipping 7 episodes. What an odd way of doing things.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭robwen

Haven't seen the ad when are they showing the million winning episode?

Oh I see it's on now oops

• Registered Users Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

The new Tonight Show appears to be struggling, scraping into VM1's Top 20 with 82,000 viewers - evidently people are missing Ivan Yates.

• Advertisement

The new Tonight Show appears to be struggling, scraping into VM1's Top 20 with 82,000 viewers - evidently people are missing Ivan Yates.

Also covid helped those figures at this point there's only so much covid talk you can take. Would be interesting to know how news at 8 is doing.

Advertisement