Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst/Best Radio Ads rerun edition!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

Please make the aul bint in the Covid ads go away...

Please...:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

That F*cking TOP SECURITY add about being arrested for not wearing masks!!!

F*ck off!! , the dublin accents are like something from liveline's funny friday.
    As well as bowing down to mask wearing in general, just f*ck off!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭crazy 88

Gen.Zhukov wrote: »
    Please make the aul bint in the Covid ads go away...

Please...:(

The other fella in the ad with her...what is going on with the way he says virus -
    "VUOY RUSS"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,512 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

crazy 88 wrote: »
    The other fella in the ad with her...what is going on with the way he says virus -
    "VUOY RUSS"

What is it with a load of voiceovers these days with a weird Waterford-like affectation in words like "hour" or "power", drawling and murdering certain words?

The covid girl voiceover is annoying too with her raspy hoarseness, all over bloody Spotify too where I try to escape from blanket Covid coverage.

Aglomerado wrote: »
    That song 'it's so important to make someone happy' that's on some national lottery ad lately. It makes me irritated, not happy. :mad:

Hate that bloody song too, sung by a tuneless pensioner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Good to see Rory "Elephant Self Storage" is back with a new Ad - I was getting worried that he had closed up but he's back with his trademark Nought, Nought, Nought, Nought. And, no, you can't sleep there! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,602 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

The virtual St Patricks Day parade ad is terribly cringeworthy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Good to see Rory "Elephant Self Storage" is back with a new Ad - I was getting worried that he had closed up but he's back with his trademark Nought, Nought, Nought, Nought. And, no, you can't sleep there! :D
    Yeah who the fcuk says "nought" nowadays anyway ?

Christ ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭Dickie10

RINO87 wrote: »
    Feckin John and David with their "Fiadh to Fry-up" (what does that even meán?) are back. That as bugs the hell out of me for some unknown reason....

Yeah thats bugging me, what exactly is he saying?? neither have remotely tipp accents, should have got the two johnnies to do it, would be very tipp authentic then. one of them sounds like Gerry Fish, half english/dublin twang. My guess is there anglo-irish stock , about 300 acres of a pig farm, those anglo-irish never have regional accents as they used to be well shielded by going to private schools etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Test For Echo

Dickie10 wrote: »
    Yeah thats bugging me, what exactly is he saying??

From field to fry up?

It's not the worst ad but it sure is overplayed on Newstalk. I wish great-granny Brett had stayed a single woman and we wouldn't have to listen to these two.

• Advertisement

From field to fry up?

It's not the worst ad but it sure is overplayed on Newstalk. I wish great-granny Brett had stayed a single woman and we wouldn't have to listen to these two.

Between that and the irritating overenthusiastic Aldi family who saved a gazillion Euro.

Dickie10 wrote: »
    Yeah thats bugging me, what exactly is he saying?? neither have remotely tipp accents, should have got the two johnnies to do it, would be very tipp authentic then. one of them sounds like Gerry Fish, half english/dublin twang. My guess is there anglo-irish stock , about 300 acres of a pig farm, those anglo-irish never have regional accents as they used to be well shielded by going to private schools etc

Cutesy heritage "family values" vibe, in reality a modern industrial unit where hairnetted foreign workers process pigs into products as no Irish would dream of working there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Eddie Hobbs ad on newstalk about contacting his company. It seems to be played every as break on newstalk. It hurts my brain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭RINO87

SeaFields wrote: »
    Eddie Hobbs ad on newstalk about contacting his company. It seems to be played every as break on newstalk. It hurts my brain.

Its 2007 all over again!! The only way is up! F*uck the begrudgers, lets all buy apartments in Bulgaria!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,402 ✭✭✭plodder

I haven't heard Janey Davy much the last day or two ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

plodder wrote: »
    I haven't heard Janey Davy much the last day or two ....

Refing 'Davy, it's not just business, it's personal'?

Never a truer word spoken wha:pac:

That identikit indie Irish band and their bland charity album.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

The RTE Ad for the Virtual St.Patrick's Day parade takes some beating for pure cringeworthyness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭Dickie10

Cutesy heritage "family values" vibe, in reality a modern industrial unit where hairnetted foreign workers process pigs into products as no Irish would dream of working there.

they actually give it away so badly to anyone remotely knowlodgeable of 19th century irish economics/history/agriculture. sent her 4 sons out to grow the corn? most small /cutesy/family farms wouldnt just start growing corn to feed pigs unless a very big operation even then, pigs were usually fed patotote skins or other food waste, basically anything that was the positive about fatteninga pig, they would eat anything. once you hear growing corn specificaaly for a pig interprise thats very intensive for its time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,256 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Dunnes Stores "make your mums day" with an extremely irritating woman talking so fast that line is about the only thing I could make out.

• Advertisement

Dunnes Stores "make your mums day" with an extremely irritating woman talking so fast that line is about the only thing I could make out.

Up there now with Idris Elba in the sky ads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,845 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Hate those “boss it” SAGE ads

So annoying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,602 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Gen.Zhukov wrote: »
    Refing 'Davy, it's not just business, it's personal'?

Never a truer word spoken wha:pac:

Voiced by Sile Seoige

SeaFields wrote: »

The boom is back

newstalk only have one set of ads they run on every break

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,256 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

So annoying

Utterly hate them. What's with the chavvy English voiceover?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

So annoying

Fish delivery?

Saaaawwwted!

Whats with those McCambridge adverts with that stupid kid feature at the end?! Who thinks these are clever or radio worthy? Secondly who gets paid to come up with that rubbish?!

Celebrities and media personalities voicing ads annoys me as is it's a lazy way to cash in when there are people who need the work....but Tom Dunne doing an ad for Johnston Mooney bread :confused:

SpitfireIV wrote: »
    Whats with those McCambridge adverts with that stupid kid feature at the end?! Who thinks these are clever or radio worthy? Secondly who gets paid to come up with that rubbish?!

"Is that why it tastes so good?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,402 ✭✭✭plodder

Heard one on Newstalk today for something that cures Arthuritis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

plodder wrote: »
    Heard one on Newstalk today for something that cures Arthuritis.

That reminds me of an ad a long time ago, for something that cured Athulete’s Foot.

Advertisement