Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,461 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I've decided I'm going to go on a ric flair binge on the WWE network tomorrow. I'm going to try and watch as many matches of his as I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Omackeral wrote: »
    Evil business suit Lana was the best.

Remember when she was going to be given a massive push after WM31 and splitting with Rusev on screen?

Then we got the whole schebang with Dolph and Summer Rae which was kak from the start and never stopped

• Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Just rewatched the triple h vs ric flair match from taboo Tuesday and I remember the build up and triple h using the sledgehammer on flair on raw but hasn't seen the ppv match in years. Jesus it's a bloody good match. It's very old school and the blood bah gawd is mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Just rewatched the triple h vs ric flair match from taboo Tuesday and I remember the build up and triple h using the sledgehammer on flair on raw but hasn't seen the ppv match in years. Jesus it's a bloody good match. It's very old school and the blood bah gawd is mental.

Haven't watched it in years, but I remmeber at the time thinking it was a really good match. May have to go and revisit it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Didn't he also have a cage match v orton at taboo Tuesday another great match!

Sirsok wrote: »
    Didn't he also have a cage match v orton at taboo Tuesday another great match!

He did. I watched that one straight after the triple H one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

• Registered Users Posts: 28,831 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

ROH 17 Spoilers
    I think Lethal and Taven earned their money at RoH 17

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

ROH 17 Spoilers
    Not a big fan of the draw, and thought it dragged a lot. Strange show the way two scheduled matches were dropped but they had the Bully Ray segment. Enjoyed Rush/Bandido and the main event.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,111 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I've seen it mentioned in a few other places recently but does the "Simon Gotch buries Enzo Amore" video always show up in other people's Youtube recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

J. Marston wrote: »
    I've seen it mentioned in a few other places recently but does the "Simon Gotch buries Enzo Amore" video always show up in other people's Youtube recommendations?

It's always in my Recommended, and I don't even know why. Stupid YouTube.

J. Marston wrote: »

Oh god yes

Ive never clicked it because those 2 i really dont give a damn about

Im a sucker for clicking on ones with people that might interest me, “Paul Heyman SHOOTS about Dean Ambrose” and all that crap usually gets me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I watched that clip of Heyman talking about Ambrose. More of a promo than a shoot. Misleading dicks looking for clicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I'm a sucker for clicking on ones with people that might interest me, “Paul Heyman SHOOTS about Dean Ambrose” and all that crap usually gets me

Yeah the guys making those videos love using capital letters or dumb pictures like this: sorry for the size.

vince-shocked.jpg

ERG89 wrote: »
    Yeah the guys making those videos love using capital letters or dumb pictures like this: sorry for the size.

I have to laugh at one of the latest ones I've seen

"Chris Jericho TALKS about Wrestlemania 18"

He doesn't just talk about, he TALKS about it

Stuff like that makes real content they might do seem watered down by comparison

So it turns out that Dash Wilder used to be the person who'd put brown paper bags over people's heads when Cody had the face mask gimmick in 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Stuff like that makes real content they might do seem watered down by comparison

I can't think of many Wrestling content creators who aren't doing it mainly for podcasts or taking the piss. Although I think Botchamania has past its own equivalent of Simpsons post season 9 era now. Once WWE tries to parody you it's alarm bells to me.
    Most channels is just copy and paste news from Mike Johnson, Dave Meltzer types or buzzfeed esque lists.
    Sometimes you come across complete shoot interviews from the early 00's that are nice to listen to in the background.
    Stuff like Wrestling with Wregret, Between the Ropes & Cultaholic to me are popular but I've never been a fan of

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lads, just be careful with spoilers for shows that only just aired (in this case ROH's show last night). Just editted on some spoiler tags in case people browse through the thread without wanting spoilers.

I don't know why, but the guy doing the voiceover kind of remind's me of Jay, either that or I've been watching way too much OSW lately.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

That taker video is brilliant. That lad just got a new sub :D

That taker video is brilliant. That lad just got a new sub :D

This is the video that made me sub.

Are they a patch on this masterpiece from a few years back?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,111 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I'm surprised John Morrison never came back to WWE, whether or not he ever wanted to come back or WWE ever wanted to sign him back, I don't know but they seem to sign everybody with even a decent profile from the indies these days, Elite aside, and Morrison seems to have been quite successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,320 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Johnny Elite will arrive soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

He only seems half interested in wrestling from the bits I’ve seen/heard from him. I remember listening to an interview with him and acting seems to be going well for him, so if you’ve ticked the WWE box already and are enjoying that while still getting to wrestle enough to your liking, I can see why the schedule may not appeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Jushin 'Thunder' Liger has wrestled two matches for WWE. They were 25 years apart. Madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Of all the people Stephanie could've quoted in a tweet, she had to go and quote Margaret Thatcher. Apparently it's women's history month

https://twitter.com/StephMcMahon/status/1107635391933399041

Oh Steph, you silly silly bint you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,343 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

She also pretty much buried Lacey Evans there too. :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement