Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sirsok

The business he is in requires people to like him, this helps people like him, simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

its all about the brand this is whats sells his movies, products he promotes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭mcdaids69

being a person who hadnt watched WWE in couple of years and came back to it,i can see podcasts,TMZ and youtube subscriptions are making this worse on people.they need the click bait too.im lucky i grew up in a small town (mighty midleton home of jameson!)and it was always the same.some guy does X,then it becomes XX,till next person says it was YY. the rock,WWE,ronda,kim kardasin,conor mc gregor all these people use this to their advantage as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

OR and bear with me here, The Rock decided to buy his parents both new houses cause he can? Is it criminal to do something nice without digging for an ulterior motive?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Lithium93_ wrote:
    OR and bear with me here, The Rock decided to buy his parents both new houses cause he can? Is it criminal to do something nice without digging for an ulterior motive?

Absolutely. Look at how the British tabloids crucified Raheem Sterling for doing the same.
    Rich people spending their money, the horror! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Necro wrote: »
    Absolutely. Look at how the British tabloids crucified Raheem Sterling for doing the same.
    Rich people spending their money, the horror! :pac:

In fairness Raheem has fathered 27 children he needs to spend his money on them :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

Lithium93_ wrote: »

No, you just don't have to post it on Instagram. Otherwise it's virtue signalling.

sirmanga wrote: »
    No, you just don't have to post it on Instagram. Otherwise it's virtue signalling.

So he wants to show off that he can afford to spend lavishly on those near and dear to him, it's hardly the end of civilization as we know it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

Look at all the great things George Michael did with his money. Didn't come out until he was dead. He didn't feel the need to peacock about it on social media.

Rock bought his parents a house each. Wow. It's the least he could do. Why is it a story?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

sirmanga wrote: »
    Look at all the great things George Michael did with his money. Didn't come out until he was dead. He didn't feel the need to peacock about it on social media.

Rock bought his parents a house each. Wow. It's the least he could do. Why is it a story?

Wouldn’t have known about it if not f for yourself but tbh that’s the modem world, virtue signaling is not even a word people would have used back in George Michaels days but yeah now in the Twitter age, be it as a way of self promoting ones own image or whatever it is. The Rock always comes across as a good guy so if he is proud of the fact that his success has allowed him to buy his parents homes and wants to share that with people who chose to follow him then good for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,875 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

We live in a time when people post what they had for breakfast so is it really hard to believe someone posts about buying a house?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,420 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

This Lacey Evans gimmick is basically revamp of the failed Emmalina gimmick.

i always see lana making these kind of comments on twitter i wonder if shes always getting in trouble and it always paints rusev in a negative light by association hence a lot of his non push

https://twitter.com/LanaWWE/status/1105313449180053505

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Lana is nothing more than an attention hungry sickener. She's not going to do Rusev's career any good in the 'E with that shyte talk going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

She's not wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Don't see anything wrong with her comments, clearly in character doing her part for the build to the 8 man tag tonight.

Well to be fair she saw The Rival ask to leave and get Gold one and a big push of the Uso's get arrested and get Gold and another to programe with a McMahon.

Yet herself and her husband have been two of the most organically over Entertainers in the World Wrestling Entertainment for the last number of years and get jobbed out week in week out.

I'd don't blame her for speaking the truth what's the worst Vince can do to them de-push them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Yet herself and her husband have been two of the most organically over Entertainers in the World Wrestling Entertainment for the last number of years and get jobbed out week in week out.

Her husband has been over yeah but has she been over to anywhere near that level??
    Think putting her back with Rusev instead of Aiden English was the beginning of the end for him. A large part of that act was English singing its Rusev day. She just stands like a mannequin around the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Aleister responds and I have a feeling it won't go well for him with the body-shaming outrage crowd...

https://twitter.com/WWEAleister/status/1105460471451271168?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

sky88 wrote: »
    i always see lana making these kind of comments on twitter i wonder if shes always getting in trouble and it always paints rusev in a negative light by association hence a lot of his non push

https://twitter.com/LanaWWE/status/1105313449180053505

To be fair that's fairly ordinary heel fare on Twitter. If she gets in trouble for that while they happily send Rousey out to ramble about the Carny charade then it's pretty embarrassing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,875 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

J. Marston wrote: »
    Aleister responds and I have a feeling it won't go well for him with the body-shaming outrage crowd...

Why? Because she's a woman? She commented on his appearance first. Of course, it's likely you're right since the ones you're on about rarely think logically before posting

Well they are both just carnies selling us a fake show according the WWE themselves as they have told us many times over the last 10 days or so via many of there Superstars and guests working off scripts Vince King Carny himself approved.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭nannerby

I don't get the whole Kofi push but then I havnt liked New Day in years and now Becky is just boring me to tears I hope they both lose at Wrestlemania.

Seen this old tweet pop up today just quality banter from Roman

https://twitter.com/wweromanreigns/status/900154255138488320?s=21

Will Roman get the Warrior Award this year for overcoming Leukaemia ?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Will Roman get the Warrior Award this year for having Leukaemia

Are they having a warrior award this year ? When do they normally stop announcing the HOF inductees ?

And WWE have turned what the warrior wanted it to mean(to the behind the scenes people of WWE we don't see) to a glorified PR gimmick. I'm not taking away what it meant to the people who have received it, but it's not what the warrior said he wanted it to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

I really don’t like Lan.. she’s terrible in tne ring and on the mic.. she’s insufferable on social media and according to her, she and rusev were removed from total divas as a large number of the audience couldn’t stand her

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Evil business suit Lana was the best.

06_RAW_11242014sb_1916-40141910.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Are they having a warrior award this year ? When do they normally stop announcing the HOF inductees ?

And WWE have turned what the warrior wanted it to mean(to the behind the scenes people of WWE we don't see) to a glorified PR gimmick. I'm not taking away what it meant to the people who have received it, but it's not what the warrior said he wanted it to be.

Hasn't Stephanie gone on record as saying Philanthropy is the best form of PR going or something along those lines?

I can't stand Lana.

• Advertisement

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Hasn't Stephanie gone on record as saying Philanthropy is the best form of PR going or something along those lines?

Yup

https://twitter.com/stephmcmahon/status/581881800659591168?lang=en

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement