Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,117 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The McMahons are all big republicans, Linda is Trump's minister for something, so Thatcher would be right up her street.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Of all the people Stephanie could've quoted in a tweet, she had to go and quote Margaret Thatcher. Apparently it's women's history month

https://twitter.com/StephMcMahon/status/1107635391933399041

Oh Steph, you silly silly bint you.

By tweeting that quote she's done the opposite of what was intended. She's a gas woman, but more importantly a POWERFUL one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Tbh Americans know nothing about foreign politics probably legit knows nothing about what thatcher was like

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

sky88 wrote: »
    Tbh Americans know nothing about foreign politics probably legit knows nothing about what thatcher was like

Was probably a quick search like "Margaret Thatcher quotes" and she saw the one she quoted without thinking too much about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Could not be less enthused for WrestleMania than I am now. Probably the first time since 1998 where I'll give it a miss live.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I'm the same. the only thing I have any interest in is seeing Kofi potentially win. Have a horrible feeling they'll pull the old Booker T at Mania 19 trick though.

Rollins v Lesnar - meh
    Becky v Ronda v Flair - meh (would have been ok with a one on one)
    Angle v Corbin - sigh
    reigns v McIntyre - meh
    Murphy v Nese - What?
    Shane v Miz - piss break
    Trips v Big Dave - nah
    AJ Vs Randall - We've seen the Forearm to RKO already
    Ron Ron Mysterious V Joey Samoey - Eh, could be alright

And there's piles more matches to be finalised yet. A Massive MEH this year.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Wonder if the fans started up a big ol' 'Vince is racist' Chant and clap would he suddenly change his tune on Kofi :P

Just something I was thinking about as Kofi beat 5 white guys and then was made to compete against a 6th after all of that.

Apparently they're leaning towards the racism stuff a little with Byron and New Day saying stuff like Kofi has to "work twice as hard to get half as far."

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I'm the same. the only thing I have any interest in is seeing Kofi potentially win.

They honestly have zapped any emotional investment I have in that since last night when
    Vince screwed Kofi again
    . I actually won't really care if he does win it now. The organic build up of emotion is gone. Just don't care. SlickRic summed it up perfectly in his ''timing'' post elsewhere''. I'll see if I can find it and link it.

Yeah, here it is/.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Omackeral wrote: »
    Could not be less enthused for WrestleMania than I am now. Probably the first time since 1998 where I'll give it a miss live.

Same too, not worth the effort or the network sub to be up until 5.30 in the morning with how long it is now, I'll find it somewhere Monday evening and have it on in the background

The only match I feel has been booked in anything resembling the right way is Orton vs Styles, everything else is either crap or a clustfcuk or overbooked

There was no hype for 31 either but it turned out to be a decent event, hopefully this one turns out good on the night but it's a pity how it's gone the last few months

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

J. Marston wrote: »
    Apparently they're leaning towards the racism stuff a little with Byron and New Day saying stuff like Kofi has to "work twice as hard to get half as far."

considering the awful booker t/triple h thing I wouldn't expect the wwe to manage it any better if they tried to do it again

i really just dont get the buzz around aliester black for me hes no better than baron corbin just 2 meh wrestlers

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

i really just dont get the buzz around aliester black for me hes no better than baron corbin just 2 meh wrestlers

Get the f**k out! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Get the f**k out! :P

This!

Bro, really?

Black is fantastic, his stuff is so believable. Baron Corbin is just a big boring dude.

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    This!

Bro, really?

Black is fantastic, his stuff is so believable. Baron Corbin is just a big boring dude.

i just find him a little boring dude. since he started in NXT i just never got it.

maybe deep down its jealously hes with zelina :pac:

I like him but since the most recent OSW and one of the lads mentioning how skinny he looks, I can't unsee it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

What's his gimmick? Meth addict?

What's his gimmick? Meth addict?

Nah Uce, he's moody.

I preferred how Mauro Ranallo described Aleister Black, can't recall it off hand, but it was just the perfect description.

Then Cole calls him moody when he debuts on RAW, SCREW YOU COLE (Though I know it's not entirely his fault cause he's got Vince screaming/feeding lines in his ear at all times during RAW) :pac:

I preferred how Mauro Ranallo described Aleister Black, can't recall it off hand, but it was just the perfect description.

Calls him mercurial. Then says that there are good men, there are bad men and somewhere in between... there is Aleister Black. Mauro is the best.

• Advertisement

Omackeral wrote: »
    Calls him mercurial. Then says that there are good men, there are bad men and somewhere in between... there is Aleister Black. Mauro is the best.

while im giving my opinion no one else agrees with ill just say mauro does my effin head in

Well compared to the muppets on RAW & Smackdown, Mauro is just easier to listen to.

while im giving my opinion no one else agrees with ill just say mauro does my effin head in

I think Mauro is great. He brings a real sporting legitimacy to the table. Makes it feel like a contest rather than #Boss Time or whatever else. He can be a bit of a try hard with his pop culture references but I enjoy them and his word play is great. Really enjoy him and Nigel as a combo.

How is he on MMA and boxing? I haven't heard his work in those areas.

Well compared to the muppets on RAW & Smackdown, Mauro is just easier to listen to.

i think he just trys to hard a bit like matt striker with the pop culture etc

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I've kinda just learned to zone out all the commentary on the matches it's that bad. That fooking 'Oh, he's in the Drop Zone' nonsense from Cole re: Balor caused me to retune my brain to ignore it entirely before I put a shoe through the TV!

Ugh, Matt Striker "I'm marking out, bro!" It still makes my skin crawl.

I love that he tries. Doesn't just real off catchphrases. I think he's genuinely got a love for the game too.

Also, look at all three commentators marking out from their POV. It's awesome.

Clcik here to see them all popping in unison. McGuinness is gas jumping out of the chair.

literally the worst moment of commentary ever known to wrestling

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Himself and Todd Grisham are 2 of the worst ever to have been consistantly on commentary

Grishams reaction to Jeff Hardy doing the Swanton Bomb off a ladder putting CM Punk through a table at Summerslam 2009 isnt commentary, its a bloody jizz noise

Between that and “its.....its Christian” just makes me facepalm so much

• Advertisement

Necro wrote: »
    That fooking 'Oh, he's in the Drop Zone' nonsense from Cole re: Balor caused me to retune my brain to ignore it entirely before I put a shoe through the TV!

Finn Balor was on NXT:UK Takeover Blackpool vs Jordan Devlin and it was so much more enjoyable hearing the action called without that Dropzone bollox. Thing is, Cole is actually good when he's allowed to be. See Beast in the East, Mae Young classic, inaugural United Kingdom Tournament.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement