Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,463 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Aouar looks like a cracking card and great value for an 85 squad. Done him there and got him into my main squad on 8 chem. Will try him at CAM but looks like he could play CM or ST no bother.

CAM or CM yes, ST -no.
    He doesn’t feel anything like last years card for some weird reason.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'm really enjoying Managerial Masterpiece objectives. Feels a great excuse to try out some weird and random cards, and most people seem to have gotten over the Mbappe obsession. There's still some who seem desperate to use god tier cards, but it's more fun (imo) actually using a balanced team.

Did Bolaise and Bellerin easily enough. Trying the Dutch league trio now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'm really enjoying Managerial Masterpiece objectives. Feels a great excuse to try out some weird and random cards, and most people seem to have gotten over the Mbappe obsession. There's still some who seem desperate to use god tier cards, but it's more fun (imo) actually using a balanced team.

Nope. Mbappe every single game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Doing those over the last few days too as I finished all the rivals games. Managed to finish the Dutch ones, just need 6 more games for Capa... lots of fun. Using the trio of Tomori, Tsimikas and Gedson Fernandes in every squad, great triangle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,931 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Henderson in the TOTW for 1 goal over Firmino for 2 goals and 1 assist, they just don't want to give out good cards huh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Question...

I have been playing the xbox one version of this on my xbox series x since Nov. I bought a key from CD Keys back in Nov which has been working fine, how do i upgrade to the Next Gen version? I didnt realise i was playing the normal version of the game :pac:

Henderson in the TOTW for 1 goal over Firmino for 2 goals and 1 assist, they just don't want to give out good cards huh

Cat enough alright

These cards are almost identical and yet one is 200k while the other is extinct at 1.3m.

ND9PplU.png

Btw they just added a new pack to the store, it costs 75k, in FIFA points it's €15, and these are the pack odds...

d01ovv4hcz661.jpg

• Advertisement

Shanee. wrote: »
    Question...

I have been playing the xbox one version of this on my xbox series x since Nov. I bought a key from CD Keys back in Nov which has been working fine, how do i upgrade to the Next Gen version? I didnt realise i was playing the normal version of the game :pac:

Go to your games and apps and you’ll see a download for it in there.

These cards are almost identical and yet one is 200k while the other is extinct at 1.3m.

ND9PplU.png

That zaha card is class as well I have him with if rashford up front

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

French Tax :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Can anyone explain to me why they've released another Silver Stars right back. It's a freeze card so they could choose any position. There's just been a load of forwards and wingers and 2(!) right backs. Very frustrating

Freeze Casemiro was selling for around 450k.....so for some reason EA decided to change his Max BIN to 380k and now he's totally extinct...

7sBdJ8K.png

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Can anyone explain to me why they've released another Silver Stars right back. It's a freeze card so they could choose any position. There's just been a load of forwards and wingers and 2(!) right backs. Very frustrating

Samba will make for an aces cb to be fair

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Anyone have the loading screen that teased what sbcs were coming this week? Is there only one more tomorrow, the liverpool player?

RedRochey wrote: »
    Anyone have the loading screen that teased what sbcs were coming this week? Is there only one more tomorrow, the liverpool player?

Yeah that's the last one, think everyone's assuming it'll be Firmino because he absolutely should've been in the TOTW today.

Yeah that's the last one, think everyone's assuming it'll be Firmino because he absolutely should've been in the TOTW today.

Plus it’s ALWAYS Firminho in promos...

Ooh, one of the best promos of FIFA 20 is making a return... happy to see this! Let’s hope they keep it the same way and not a promo team or some ****.

https://twitter.com/futwatch/status/1341928632751706112?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Suarez up there with Tavernier as my best red picks so far. Ferland Mendy the best of the other rewards.

image.png

• Advertisement

Did the 86+ Upgrade for red picks

Had a choice of 86 Oyarzabsl, 86 Parejo or 89 Kroos.
    Absolutely awful.

76 Flo
    81 Budescu
    82 Silva

Accidentally chose Flo in frustration, lol.

82 McTominey
    82 Mina
    82 Silva.

Very happy to get Red McT. No he’s not top tier, but I love getting Red United players, and he’ll survive way, way longer than any 85 fodder would have. :)

Rttf Icardi the only thing of note in packs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

That is some next level trolling EA. I know its a bad TOTW but there was at least plenty of higher rated fodder available. :mad: My face when I see 3 of the trash picks in the 2nd picks are the exact same as the first.

735TuDI.png

fhYbPgT.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I'd actually have taken McTominay over the crap I was given, ended up with Stindl & Gerard Moreno. Will just end up in SBCs.

Only have 1 usable pick all year (85 Zaha), who I don't even use anymore!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Mr Moon wrote: »

Can't wait to pack OTW Ødegaard :rolleyes:

Parawind wrote: »
    Can't wait to pack OTW Ødegaard :rolleyes:

I know but you’ll still end up doing it just because it could be good...

In real life a party bag is a gift

And it's Christmas tomorrow

So naturally these will cost 150k

In real life a party bag is a gift

And it's Christmas tomorrow

So naturally these will cost 150k

I often can't help but feel stuff like this.

Would it really hurt them to give everyone a free Party Bag pack tomorrow, with one random special card? Chances are everyone gets something poor, but even the gesture of giving away some gift would be nice.

They are always so terrified of giving people even a chance of a decent card.

Think I might make a start on POTM Bruno.

I've got a tonne of high rated fodder. And because of how Icon Swaps has basically been Golden Goal, it's not that I actually need to keep all of that high rated fodder for it at all. Building a cheap, pacy, low rated team is just the same benefits as having a load of 85s-88s. The Managerial Masterpiece objectives having a hard 77 rated cap also means I value 77s-81s way more.

Figure it lets me build a front trio of Felix/Cantona/Bruno. Bruno's special cards all look like they're going to be getting more progressively expensive over the next few months, and I cant see myself being able to afford his TOTY card. Doing his POTM now probably nets me a card I'll be able to use for months.

Also, I'm frustrated by a lack of any motivation for any of the SBCs they've put out recently. Even AWB was awful value. Usually, I'd have a few Futmas cards by now but the promo has been so lacking in anything tempting.

• Advertisement

I often can't help but feel stuff like this.

Would it really hurt them to give everyone a free Party Bag pack tomorrow, with one random special card? Chances are everyone gets something poor, but even the gesture of giving away some gift would be nice.

They are always so terrified of giving people even a chance of a decent card.

They're gonna finally add more horribly overpriced Icon SBCs and act like that's a gift to the players

They're gonna finally add more horribly overpriced Icon SBCs and act like that's a gift to the players

Those annoy me too. Or, specifically, the base icon packs.

They 500k a pop.

Why not structure them that the first is 100k, and give loads of people a chance. Have a second one be 250k, third be 500k, etc. But let people have a chance to do a cheaper pack.

G2 Red Rewards

82 Koopmeiners
    86 Ilicic
    82 McTominay
    82 Andre Silva

Was hard not to pick McT. Hoping I'd get him in the next pick.

77 Testroet
    82 Koopmeiners
    81 Budescu
    75 Szwoch

wish I picked McT now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Agree completely re: EA and lack of rewarding players, but it will never change.

If it was any other game/developer, the players wouldn’t stand for it and would protest against it in some form and it would be changed rapidly.

However, one look at EA’s financials when it comes to FIFA shows that the worse they treat us, the more their profits rise.

The entire game model is set up in such a way that it makes you feel like rubbish and that the only way to change that quickly is to spend more money.

I have never seen a developer treat their players as poorly, yet we all seem to lap it up and play more than ever, myself included. NBA 2K is another game that has gone down this route and now unless you spend a few quid on it at the start there’s basically no point playing online as you cannot compete.

The one thing that may change things in the players favour is if more countries ban the sale of packs, but based on their coding recently it seems they’ll throw their toys out of the pram and just ban FUT in those countries instead!

I dread to think how much they will make this month during Christmas time.

BrentMused wrote: »
    Agree completely re: EA and lack of rewarding players, but it will never change.

If it was any other game/developer, the players wouldn’t stand for it and would protest against it in some form and it would be changed rapidly.

However, one look at EA’s financials when it comes to FIFA shows that the worse they treat us, the more their profits rise.

The entire game model is set up in such a way that it makes you feel like rubbish and that the only way to change that quickly is to spend more money.

I have never seen a developer treat their players as poorly, yet we all seem to lap it up and play more than ever, myself included. NBA 2K is another game that has gone down this route and now unless you spend a few quid on it at the start there’s basically no point playing online as you cannot compete.

The one thing that may change things in the players favour is if more countries ban the sale of packs, but based on their coding recently it seems they’ll throw their toys out of the pram and just ban FUT in those countries instead!

I dread to think how much they will make this month during Christmas time.

If the UK and most of Europe ban loot boxes, they won't just ban FUT in these countries, from what I know, FUT is their biggest cash cow and funds most of their other big games like Madden. Removing the option of playing it for their biggest market will stop people buying the game altogether which will kill them. They'll find another way of selling us packs.

They'll just re-jig the monetisation, push more resources into Pro Clubs and allow people to upgrade their stats quickly by paying for boosts, that's how 2k makes a lot of their money.

I just realised the Party Bags are 100% gonna include RTTF cards that have already been knocked out.

Think I'm still 300k or so off Bruno, even burning most of my fodder. So opting instead to bring in Messi to to form a triangle up top instead.

Going to run this this weekend. Beckham and Red Travernier on the right, hoping Tavernier's pace counter's Beckham's lack of it...

wmaNnya.png

Mr Moon wrote: »
    I know but you’ll still end up doing it just because it could be good...

Actually the more I think about it the less I want to do it. Seems like a way to just milk more money before those cards lose their value when TOTY comes out. I am wondering if selling my RTTF Sissoko/Sanches might actually be the right call now as their value might drop with these packs. I suppose it depends how many packs they release and how easy they are to obtain.

I was very restrained this week and took the coins from my rewards. I think I am trying to just grind my way to end game cards now. I have noticed that most of the cards getting released aren't really an upgrade on what is already available. Just really similar or a tiny increase in some area but while sacrificing another.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

The Managerial Masterpiece objectives having a hard 77 rated cap also means I value 77s-81s way more.

I really enjoy the Managerial Masterpiece concept, but I do hope when this season ends they raise the cap, even just to 80. As most people now have earned special cards for leagues they don't play etc so would be nice to be able to use them. Like I have Rodrygo & Kounde from La Liga and will have Capa shortly, be nice to be able to use them in an ok team.

I mean the idea is great but every second game is a first minute substitution by the opponent either bringing on Loan Mbappe or a combination of IF Rashford, Dembele etc.

This thread is comedy gold.

Brace yourself for some amazing puns! :D

Frisbee wrote: »
    I really enjoy the Managerial Masterpiece concept, but I do hope when this season ends they raise the cap, even just to 80. As most people now have earned special cards for leagues they don't play etc so would be nice to be able to use them. Like I have Rodrygo & Kounde from La Liga and will have Capa shortly, be nice to be able to use them in an ok team.

I mean the idea is great but every second game is a first minute substitution by the opponent either bringing on Loan Mbappe or a combination of IF Rashford, Dembele etc.

I guess that's what EA hoped the Icon Swaps would have been when they put it into the One League section, but then golden goals kind of spoiled that.

I'll also be honest, if someone tries to sub on Mbappe after kick off now, I just quit. Can't be arsed with that. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I guess that's what EA hoped the Icon Swaps would have been when they put it into the One League section, but then golden goals kind of spoiled that.

I'll also be honest, if someone tries to sub on Mbappe after kick off now, I just quit. Can't be arsed with that. :pac:

I've been like that the entire time tbh. If someone pauses before the game starts I just quit as I'm not arsed with that shíte.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Blazer wrote: »
    Go to your games and apps and you’ll see a download for it in there.

I did this and it only seems to be giving me a 10 hour free trial? :confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

That freeze Bobby objective, exchange an 84, 85, 86, 86, and 88 team for a card thats only 2 ovr points better then his base card due to boosting his defensive attributes

Eh no thanks

• Advertisement

850k Firmino

Merry Christmas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Lol

850k Firmino

Merry Christmas

Lovely stats though for a box to box midfielder.
    If I didn’t have Kante untradeable I’d be doing it and pairing him with Freeze Marquinhos and Mbappe :)

If I didn’t have Kante untradeable I’d be doing it and pairing him with Freeze Marquinhos and Mbappe :)

Whack a shadow and he’s one of the best all-round cards in the game.. too pricey for me, but if I had the coins I’d do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Id rather have 90 bruno with a chem card on him and you can sell him again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement