Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,554 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Continuing the trend of losing one of my first two games of every weekend this year

What can I do :rolleyes:

PoQh02Z.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Just opened an untradeable mega players pack there, 1st 10 players, 7 of them are keepers rated 81 and above, from Courtois to Donnaruma down to Mignolet, 7 keepers what am i going do with all of them, i have Handanovic from another pack to, lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Just opened an untradeable mega players pack there, 1st 10 players, 7 of them are keepers rated 81 and above, from Courtois to Donnaruma down to Mignolet, 7 keepers what am i going do with all of them, i have Handanovic from another pack to, lol

Same with me im after packing every top keeper in the game

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

jayo26 wrote: »
    Same with me im after packing every top keeper in the game

Last year, I think I packed most of the PL top strikers; Aguero, Kane, Salah

This year, it's 100% keepers; Allison twice, Courtois twice, Oblak, Handanovic, Neuer, Lloris. Its why i've got Van Der Sar 90% done. Just pumping the untradeable high rated keepers into him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

https://twitter.com/futwatch/status/1330038805030690819?s=21

Could be interesting... fodder will go through the roof if it’s decent reqs.

Screw it, I said, lets try some League SBCs. Noticed I had 7 untradable players for Monaco (excluding Ben yeddar), so bought the last three I needed.

Packed Kane :P So, instantly in some level of profit. Not insane levels. But turned a lot of untradeables into a decent chunk of coinage.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,394 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

That people can consistantly use the rainbow flick over their head as a reliable play is one of the most stupid things I've ever seen in a video game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭Parawind

AdamD wrote: »
    That people can consistantly use the rainbow flick over their head as a reliable play is one of the most stupid things I've ever seen in a video game

I actually think its one of the most fair skills moves, it requires timing to get it right and there is far more risk then most skill moves. If you get it wrong you will absolutely lose possession, while most skill moves that people spam they might end up in the not ideal place but will maintain possession the vast majority of the time.

Parawind wrote: »
    I actually think its one of the most fair skills moves, it requires timing to get it right and there is far more risk then most skill moves. If you get it wrong you will absolutely lose possession,

Its more likely the ball will deflect off the defender who blocked it and go back to you and leave you 1 v 1 with the keeper to score

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,394 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Parawind wrote: »
    I actually think its one of the most fair skills moves, it requires timing to get it right and there is far more risk then most skill moves. If you get it wrong you will absolutely lose possession, while most skill moves that people spam they might end up in the not ideal place but will maintain possession the vast majority of the time.

I don't agree at all. If you get it wrong its a 50/50 at best, especially in the box when its a quick reaction header for somebody. And if you get it right its nearly impossible to defend

I've also never seen it happen once in a professional football match, its utterly ridiculous.

AdamD wrote: »
    I don't agree at all. If you get it wrong its a 50/50 at best, especially in the box when its a quick reaction header for somebody. And if you get it right its nearly impossible to defend

I've also never seen it happen once in a professional football match, its utterly ridiculous.

I think that depends on your defenders and the situation, people try it all the time but it almost never comes off unless I am pressing/chasing the game.

What I think it should be is limited to certain flair players as in real life it requires a huge about of skill to use so only a handful of players ever try it during a match.

Also if you have never seen it in a professional match, please enjoy this video of Neymar doing about 50 of them.

I seen 84 Ollie Watkins mentioned here a few days back so decided to buy him on thursday and my god, he is insane, he never misses. CF in a false 9, 21 in 9 games but now im about to tackle WL with him, so he'll be about 21 in 30 by sunday, lol

Edit 2 wins from 2, Watkins 5 in 2 and i have to head out for a while :(

I feel like Van Dijk is just a little too slow at the back against top level attackers and it has cost me games.

I noticed that the vast majority of players seem to prefer Gomez, even for players top WL players where clearly price isn't a consideration.

I am thinking of getting IF Gomez to replace VVD and partner Varane. Anyone tried both?

Would Gomez just cost me different types of goals or is the extra pace going to be a big improvement?

I seen 84 Ollie Watkins mentioned here a few days back so decided to buy him on thursday and my god, he is insane, he never misses. CF in a false 9, 21 in 9 games but now im about to tackle WL with him, so he'll be about 21 in 30 by sunday, lol

Edit 2 wins from 2, Watkins 5 in 2 and i have to head out for a while :(

Let us know how it goes, I got him as a red pick and I am toying with the idea of using him and selling my tradable Ben Yedder.

I've bought and sold VVD twice, and neither time did I feel he was special. I know others have, but for his price, I really didn't think he was a massive upgrade on Milato.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I've bought and sold VVD twice, and neither time did I feel he was special. I know others have, but for his price, I really didn't think he was a massive upgrade on Milato.

Same for me.

Ake has been just as good for me for over 40 times less the price.

Gomez and Varane are the two best CB’s in the game at the moment, in my opinion.

https://twitter.com/futwatch/status/1330038805030690819?s=21

Could be interesting... fodder will go through the roof if it’s decent reqs.

Guessing these might just be Swaps rewards

Guessing these might just be Swaps rewards

Yeah, I read that too. I’d say mid icon for the top tier rewards, base icon for middle tier.

Not too sure if I’m arsed this year going for swaps... so much stress last year doing it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

On VVD I’ve played 520 games with him, he’s unreal unless you’re chasing back. He needs a pace increase to the best in the game but I’ll never get the money back I payed for him so I’m kinda stuck with him for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

chips1234 wrote: »
    im 0 and 1 because i thought it was a good idea to chance playing on a not so great connection :D big brain ideas from me

Rescued it so far today 9 and 1 now with the haunting feeling that, that game is gonna cost me in the end haha

• Advertisement

New League Objective Player is out, this one for the Premier League, 85 rated Bellerin. Of all positions did they really think the Premier League needed another RB :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭dmigsy

This is a lot of fun in friendlies

image.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Would love to see Telles get a clean sheet and assist tonight, he starts and I'm using his O2W

9-10 in champs, not great, can't defend and luck just isn't on my side

This was against me

https://twitter.com/Rossi_IRL/status/1330234689223880710?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

chips1234 wrote: »
    Rescued it so far today 9 and 1 now with the haunting feeling that, that game is gonna cost me in the end haha

9 and 1 Jesus. What rank would you normally get?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

stephenl15 wrote: »
    9 and 1 Jesus. What rank would you normally get?

i bottle E3 every week so far in 21 :D and really should be doing better, have been waiting 3 weeks now for 1gb fibre to be installed and getting increasingly annoyed at my connection :D

New League Objective Player is out, this one for the Premier League, 85 rated Bellerin. Of all positions did they really think the Premier League needed another RB :pac:

Never forget his flashback card last year cos he scored a goal :pac:

EA seemingly have an attraction to a select pool of players every year for non-performance based cards.

Never forget his flashback card last year cos he scored a goal :pac:

EA seemingly have an attraction to a select pool of players every year for non-performance based cards.

Wasn't even for scoring a goal, it was for a clearance in a 3-0 win against Swansea :pac:

xJAePI3.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

GavK wrote:
    You won 7 out of your first 10 weekend league games having not played it in 2 years? We should be asking you for advice not the other way round haha.

Now 9-5, how you lads getting on?

I can't seem to get my players moving at all, but enjoying it all the same. Some quality players out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Now 9-5, how you lads getting on?

I can't seem to get my players moving at all, but enjoying it all the same. Some quality players out there.

4-1 so far. Have bottled 20 wins the last 3 weekends. Determined to get it this weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

stephenl15 wrote:
    4-1 so far. Have bottled 20 wins the last 3 weekends. Determined to get it this weekend

Best of luck!!

Advertisement