Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Xbox app for PC

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,682 ✭✭✭Glebee

The Bards Tale triolgy added today. Christ I loved this game on the Spectrum back in the day...Just googled it 1988:eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,941 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Yoku's Island Express added

Wasteland 2 added

Age of Empires: definitive edition added

Sequel coming 14th November

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,394 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Kingdom Come Deliverance being added on the 22nd of August apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,283 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Alienware giving away free PC gamepass keys. Registration required. No Alienware products required

http://www.alienwarearena.com/ucf/show/2079495/boards/contest-and-giveaways-global/Giveaway/xbox-game-pass-for-pc-one-month-key-giveaway

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,394 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Nice one, you can claim it a few times if you have more than one email address.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

Alienware keys are going fast. Here's how I got 4 months for €2.

With Alienware key I left the recuring charge on when redeeming and got 2 months free, instead of 1.
    Then upgraded to Ultimate for €2 with this deal;
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-ie/p/xbox-game-pass-ultimate/CFQ7TTC0KHS0/0007?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Once done I immediately deactivated the recurring billing option in Services & Subscriptions.
    I now have Game Pass up to 21/12/2019 for €2
    :)

If you miss out on Alienware deal, there is a way to get 5 months for €6;

Get 3 months for €4 here; https://www.microsoft.com/en-ie/p/xbox-game-pass-for-pc-beta/CFQ7TTC0KGQ8/000D?activetab=pivot:overviewtab
    Then upgrade to Ultimate for €2 like above; https://www.microsoft.com/en-ie/p/xbox-game-pass-ultimate/CFQ7TTC0KHS0/0007?activetab=pivot:overviewtab
    and deactivate the recurring billing option in Services & Subscriptions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,283 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Wonder if the codes have an expiry date. I won't be playing this month, more than likely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Wonder if the codes have an expiry date.

A Redditor mentioned Nov 18th here; https://old.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/cskk74/alienware_website_xbox_game_pass_for_pc_giveaway/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

Keys are all gone

Kingdom Come: Deliverance and Ape Out added

The Bard's Tale IV: Director's Cut added

(Not an old game, only came out last year)

Blair Witch added

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

are these the xbox versions of games or are they the full pc version? either way i just download it and im downloading metro ,not bad for €2

Andy-Pandy wrote: »
    are these the xbox versions of games or are they the full pc version? either way i just download it and im downloading metro ,not bad for €2

pc version

ShaneU wrote: »
    pc version
    thats insane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Moon54 wrote: »

With Alienware key I left the recuring charge on when redeeming and got 2 months free, instead of 1.
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-ie/p/xbox-game-pass-ultimate/CFQ7TTC0KHS0/0007?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Once done I immediately deactivated the recurring billing option in Services & Subscriptions.

Get 3 months for €4 here; https://www.microsoft.com/en-ie/p/xbox-game-pass-for-pc-beta/CFQ7TTC0KGQ8/000D?activetab=pivot:overviewtab
    Then upgrade to Ultimate for €2 like above; https://www.microsoft.com/en-ie/p/xbox-game-pass-ultimate/CFQ7TTC0KHS0/0007?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Just used the 5 months for 6 euro there,cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Could only get 3 months for 3 with ultimate out of that but still a very good deal!

Can anyone check if Dead Cells is on pc or just console? Thanks

• Advertisement

The app on my phone is saying it's available on both. Nowhere near PC at the moment in order to check.

Can anyone check if Dead Cells is on pc or just console? Thanks

Available on PC

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Moon54 wrote: »

Saying offer not available for me today.

Dcully wrote: »
    Saying offer not available for me today.

Limited amount,all gone a few days ago:(

The 5 months for €6 worked for me a few days ago.

Can anyone tell me is the €2 upgrade to ultimate a one of thing?

Started GOW Ultimate,not sure ill continue. It shows its age even if it performs admirably.

Is GOW 4 the start of a new series? Might just skip ahead

EoinHef wrote: »
    Started GOW Ultimate,not sure ill continue. It shows its age even if it performs admirably.

Is GOW 4 the start of a new series? Might just skip ahead

It's a continuation but is also a passing of the torch/soft reboot as it's set a long time after the end of 3 with a bunch of new characters. You'd be grand going straight into it.

Could always watch a summary of the first 3 on YouTube for the back story.

Tried to play gears 2 on xbox to try and catch up on the series before starting pc games. Gave up after a few levels, just could not be bothered.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    It's a continuation but is also a passing of the torch/soft reboot as it's set a long time after the end of 3 with a bunch of new characters. You'd be grand going straight into it.

Could always watch a summary of the first 3 on YouTube for the back story.

Watched a video there,feel ive a reasonable grasp on what the first 3 were about now.

Ill move onto 4 and see how i get on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Watched a video there,feel ive a reasonable grasp on what the first 3 were about now.

Ill move onto 4 and see how i get on

being honest its a poor story but in coop its gameplay is acceptable and playable.

ohhh a load of cover level barriers in this area, ****s gonna go down....rinse repeat.

Its whatever century on whatever planet and recoil or modern weapons have yet to be improved upon, I have an assault rifle and a DMR.

Popcorn games in coop.

• Advertisement

Couldnt get online at all on GOW 1,did want to try that out.

Bit unfair to judge it by todays standard but was a bit to basic

Ill give four a bash,try the online as well hopefully

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Couldnt get online at all on GOW 1,did want to try that out.

Bit unfair to judge it by todays standard but was a bit to basic

Ill give four a bash,try the online as well hopefully

As mentioned above, Gears 4 is pretty average storywise with the early levels being super dull but it's worth playing through just for Gears 5, which is awesome even if it is a tad short.

• Administrators Posts: 54,089 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I'm playing through 4 at the moment.

I loved all the other ones and flew through them, but got bored early in 4 and never finished it. Trying to get through it now so I can play 5. Surprisingly, when you read reviews 4 is ranked pretty highly compared to the rest.

As for online, Gears online really is a niche thing. It is so difficult and slow.

Bloodstained and Shadow Warrior 2 added

Bloodstained saved me a purchase, that only came out recently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Limited amount,all gone a few days ago:(

The 5 months for €6 worked for me a few days ago.

Can anyone tell me is the €2 upgrade to ultimate a one of thing?

Not seeing the 5 months for €6, when you click the link it just brings you to the page for €1 for 1 month. Am i missing something?

Burgo wrote: »
    Not seeing the 5 months for €6, when you click the link it just brings you to the page for €1 for 1 month. Am i missing something?

When i clicked into the link there was two options,€1 for one month and €3 for 3 months.

Clicking it now im only seeing €1 for one month.

I did it on the App on a PC though,not sure if looking at it through a phone or browser makes a difference.

• Advertisement

I got ultimate for 5 months for 11 about 2 weeks ago.

When I sent the above links to someone else it had changed and they only got 2 months.

EFRCwlxW4AIANfv?format=jpg&name=large

looking forward to dirt rally

Can ye still buy xbox live gold and then upgrade it to ultimate?

Dirt Rally 2.0 and Bad North are up

Killer Instinct finally fixed too!

So i tried to answer my own question,bought a live gold one year and a 3 month sub for ultimate off cdkeys. Cost aboutE 60.

Unfortunately for me the xbox live sub just converted to 4 months of game pass:(

I then added the 3 month sub and an interesting message came up,it said joining ultimate would convert any existing xbox live gold to ultimate game pass,up to 36 months of it,this could mean that deal may still be available if you have not signed up for game pass already. Not sure i could recomend trying just incase though as im not sure,it might just give 4 months for every year:P

Cdkeys have 3 month subs for E14.79 so for about the E60 you could get a year,probably what i should have done:pac:

• Advertisement

If your ultimate is nearly ran out I think it's possible to just cancel your sub altogether, redeem the one year gold then sign up for ultimate on the €1 offer again and you'll have a years worth again.

Pretty sure a few people did similar when the offer first came out and they didn't realise how it worked.

Anyone figured out how to stream games to TV ala SteamLink?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Anyone figured out how to stream games to TV ala SteamLink?

Haven't yet but you should be able to add the games to steam and stream them like any steam game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

EFRCwlxW4AIANfv?format=jpg&name=large

looking forward to dirt rally
    Nice, wonder does VR work?

Ignoring idiots who comment "far right" because they don't even know what it means

tried playing Dirt rally 2, frame rate was in the single digits on medium settings (rtx 2070, 32gb ram). Anyone else having problems with it?

Not seeing the new map?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

What'd be the difference between Cities Skylines on Steam and the Windows 10 Edition? I already have the Steam version.

What'd be the difference between Cities Skylines on Steam and the Windows 10 Edition? I already have the Steam version.

Nothing, they're the same game. Probably no mod support in win 10 one though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Nothing, they're the same game. Probably no mod support in win 10 one though.

Didn't think of that. I'd be lost without my mods for that game

Forza Horizon 4 is pretty good imo,nice and easy to dip in and out of arcadey style racer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement